The World Ends With Sora

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Xaale, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hubba-Bubba-Bubbles Hollow Bastion Committee

the story's getting good can't wait for the next chapter

2. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Thanks~ I can't wait to start the next one.​

3. Sakuraba08 Merlin's Housekeeper

Nice work...Can't wait for the next update! ;)

4. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Hmm.....I get the feeling I won't get any of this until I either research on Wiki or play the game...but.....what's this Shibuya that Kairi and Sora were talking about? Nevermind......this game seems like a very confusing game....

5. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Well, Shibuya is a bustling city in Japan that is the setting of the game. Some places that are well known in this area also appear, including of the statue of Hachiko. You probably have heard about him: He was a dog who waited at the train station for his master every day until he came back from work. One day, his owner never did come back, and still for a long time the dog would come back. The statue represents loyalty.

The 104 building is based on the 109 building in Japan, a tall skyscraper with a large screen. The first mission in the game is to make it to 104.

The game is based on the fact
    That Neku has died
    and he is now trapped in the Reaper's Game, which is for
    a second chance at life.
    It is an alternate Shibuya. There he finds that he has a pin that allows him to not only read minds, but to see creatures called Noise. They are drawn to negative feelings, and are the main enemies in the game.

Shiki, a trend crazy teen who fights with her stuffed cat, runs into him and demands them to make a pact, or a team. This will prevent the Noise from attacking you at random, and is the only way you can fight.

A mission is sent each day, with an x amount of time to complete a mission, and failing will face "erasure", AKA death. The first mission, as mentioned earlier, was to make it to 104.

Reapers are the winged overlords who watch over the Game. Their goal is to take out all of the players, who can not be touched by Reapers until the seventh (last) day. Examples of Reapers are Minimimoto and Uziki.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit~ Feel free to ask any other questions you might have.​

6. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

I researched it on Wiki. Sounds like a complicated game but.....it sounds kind of interesting.

7. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

Very good!

8. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Thanks yosha :D

And firekeyblade, it is very complicated. I've beaten it, and I still have no clue what really happened at the end, but I don't feel like saying. It's spoilers anyway.

I've started the next chapter :3​

9. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

sweet....and I read the ending.....makes sense to me......sort of.....ish....but your explanation will surely help a lot of people follow your story better.

10. Xaale Sylph of Hope

;D I try my best.

It might take until the weekend to finish the chapter, though, because I go to horse riding camp until 5:30 every weekday...errrr...yeah.

Be patient, though I won't mind if you want me to write it. I just need tiiiiiime.​

11. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

That's cool...I have stuff going on this summer as well.

12. Xaale Sylph of Hope

I was almost trampled by the horse today... the horse behind me was going very slow and then he stopped on the way back to the barn, so the walker started to click her teeth to keep moving.

My horse thought she was urging him, so he started to gallop but couldn't, so he bucked up and missed me by an inch.

The scary thing was: No one noticed >.>

So I'm almost done with the next chapter. It'll be up soon.​

13. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Good Lord, I just read myself.....some might consider that ackward...0o..

But anyway, I like how you introduced me and Shades(The user....wow...that's going to get confusing along the road...xD). I sort of sounded nerdy getting into a karate pose, but the fact I'm not really a nerd and the fact I wear Hollister makes it not seem so geeky.

Can't wait to hear more about Base and Rif!

14. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey don't mention it! =D
    I'd like to join!

Username:yosha_the new warrior_
    Character's Name: Chell
    Character's Age:14
    Character's Gender:Female
    How Character Fights (what kind of psychs?):speed?
    Apperance:Blond hair, grayish eyes, black long coat, and white gloves
    Character's Entry Fee: sight
    Character's Home Country and or State: Papillion, Nebraska

Username:yosha_the new warrior
    Character's Name:Shell
    Character's Age:19
    Character's Gender:female
    How Character Fights (what kind of psychs?):sterngth
    Apperance:black hair, black eyes, and same out fit
    Character's Entry Fee:balance
    Character's Home Country and or State:Papillion, Nebraska

Shell is the older sister, adn Chell is the little sister.

15. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Gah....I suppose I'd join as well.....

Username:Firekeyblade(Fire for short)
    Character's Name: Angel
    Character's Age:16
    Character's Gender:Female
    How Character Fights (what kind of psychs?):......pyro?
    Apperance:Long black hair tied in a ponytail. Wears a blue jacket that's always zipped up with a hood and jeans.
    Character's Entry Fee: Heart
    Character's Home Country and or State: U.S.A

Username:Firekeyblade(Fire for short)
    Character's Name: Andrew
    Character's Age:18
    Character's Gender:Male
    How Character Fights (what kind of psychs?): .....lightning?
    Apperance:Short black hair, wears a red jacket that's opened revealing an orange shirt.
    Character's Entry Fee: Kindness
    Character's Home Country and or State: U.S.A

Andrew's the older brother.

16. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Okay, I'm adding you now. Well, here's the next chapter. Watch out for the next chapter's mission, though...it's provided by BaseSebastian.​

Chapter 2:

Sora woke up, eyes groggy from sleep. The roar of the masses pounded in his ears, shoes and sandels of all different colors flashing past him. He stood up and stretched his slender arms, and then got a bearing of his surroundings. He realized he had been asleep in the middle of the bustling Scramble Crossing, lying down sound asleep on the hard asphalt while hundreds of people blazed by him without a glance. He remembered he was in the Reaper's Game.

The young keyblade master looked around past the people whizzing past him. He could just make out Kairi, who was busy talking to someone. If she can talk to them, they must be players, he thought.

He pushed past the people in front of him, almost forgetting he could go right through them. He walked in a straight line towards Kairi, whose back was turned to Sora. He put a blue gloved hand onto her shoulder to get her attention.

When she turned around, the two people she was talking to leaned past her to look at Sora. Sora was felt a rush of happiness when he saw a teen with glowing cerulean eyes and silver, shoulder length hair grin at him. They didn't have to find Riku: He had found them.

Riku and Sora walked up to each other and grabbed each other's hand, gripping it tightly in a handshake they had made when they were just turning 11.

"This is Xaale," Riku said, casting a hand to a young teen who was standing next to Kairi, obviously uncomforatable by the look in her cobalt, almost ocean gray eyes. "I found her by Cat Street, which is pretty far away from here. She was just as lost as me..."

He rubbed a hand through his shining hair. Sora knew he hated to admit defeat, or that he didn't know something. Xaale walked up to them and smiled weakly. Sora could see she had a wound on her arm, which looked pretty bad.

The blonde noticed Sora looking at the gash and blushed. "Oh, I got that yesterday...a Reaper did that to me with some kind of claymore. He was after someone else, but apparently we were in the way."

Riku scowled and said, "Yeah, it was Saix, the rat ass beast who can't contol his temper. She could have died yesterday. What an *******..."
    Sora shifted from foot to foot, realizing that Riku didn't no that they were dead.

Sora managed a small objection, "No, two players said yesterday that we were all dead. Their names were Base Sebastion and Rif...they know way more about this game then we do." Riku's eyes shook, not like he was about to cry, but in a fear that Sora had never seen in Riku. The eyes reminded him of the animes he used to watch back on the island with Riku.

Riku closed his eyes and threw his head to look at his right. He grunted, "No, that can't be." Sora had his own doubts, too, but he somehow could trust the two players he had met yesterday.

A sudden call caught the attention of Sora, Kairi, Xaale and Riku. Two people were walking up to them, easily recognized as Rif and Base. Sora smiled and waved, but neither gave any gesture back until they were right next to them.

"Speak of the devil, or devils," Kairi said, but not in her normal cute way. Her entrance fee had been the cheerfullness that coaxed Sora on, which was most important to her.

Base crossed his arms and said roughly, "So you were talking about us, eh? And what did you have to say?" Sora winced at the look on his face, though he could tell that the karate expert was not angry.

"Oh, nothing bad. We just had to tell these two the news that they were, um..., dead." Kairi looked at them and smiled weakly. They managed to smile back, but the grins playing on their lips showed no emotion at all. Their unemotional personalities really did bother Sora.

Riku walked in front of Sora and put his arms out as if protecting his friend, but Sora had known Riku long enough to know it was a threatening position for Riku.

"How do you two know so much? Kairi and Sora were just telling us that you two guys said we were dead and such." Riku glared at them, eyes twinkling not in happiness, but in malice.

Base Sebastian looked uneasily at Rif, who glanced to his partner and nodded. Base looked Riku in the eye and said flatly, "I've played in the game before. So, I know a bit. My partner last time got to leave, but something, um, happened and I couldn't. It was when all the players were allowed to have a second chance at life because of the change in the Reapers. Now some Organization has taken over, as you know."

Riku narrowed his eyes, but Sora could tell that Base had convinced him. Riku was way too stubborn to admit that he was wrong. He put a hand onto Riku and turned him so they looked at each other eye to eye.

"You have to trust them, Riku." Sora tried to make his eyes look pleading, but it was hard to faze his friend. Riku waved a hand behind him and said, "Whatever."

Xaale coughed and said, "What happened? Why couldn't you leave?" This was the first time Sora could get a good look at her. She had a brown hat that was titlted a bit to the side, and an open jean jacket over a faded yellow shirt that had a picture of a heart with wings.

Base looked at the ground and muttered, "I helped a Reaper who betrayed them, and that counted towards a huge warning. The Reaper, Sho Minimimito, then put some damn curse on me so I have to do the whole friggen game again."

"Oh," Xaale's eyes flashed with concern. She looked down as a beeping noise sounded on her phone, as well as the phones of everyone else. Everyone checked and said in unison, "Mission."

Sora continued the thought by reading the mail that flickered onto his phone. "Meet up with all of the other players at Scramle Crossing. You have an hour. Fail and face erasure. -Organization XIII."

Base lifted his eyebrows and said casually, "So it's not the Reapers anymore. Now it's Organization XIII?" Riku shrugged and said, "I guess. Well, we're already here, so...we have to wait, I guess."

About a minute later, a yell of a girl got everyone's attention. "Those people over there must be the players! I can't scan them! Thank god we started so close to the Scramble, if we were on Cat Street..."

Two girls ran over, matching black hair shining in the sun. One smiled and held out a hand, but at the same time she almost fell. "I'm Shell, sorry about that. My entree fee was my balance, so I've been such a mess. This is my sister, Chell. She lost her sight...so I have to guide her."

The other girl smiled and said, "Don't worry, sis. I'm going to be okay, got it?" Shell looked at her uneasily and said, "But, the Noise..." Chell shrugged. "The lightning will find it's target."

Riku interrupted their converstation and said, "Wait, you have the same name?" Chell turned her milky white filmed eyes to Riku and said, "Yeah, but they're spelled differently. Heh, before we died, we were reffered to as "C" and "S" by our parents.

Riku grunted, "I think I'll call you that, too. Don't be so trusting, though. We could have been Reapers." Shell looked at her feet and said, "Well, we didn't see a black cloak or wings..." Riku crossed his arms and said, "Oh, yeah."

More people started to come in. One group was consisted of a person named Andrew, and a nobody named Angel. Her entree fee had been her heart, so for the remainder of the game she would be a nobody. Sora hoped this wouldn't go against her later in the game.

Andrew was a very unfriendly person, giving up his friendlyness to enter the game. He wore a red jacket over a stricking orange shirt. He had almost chopped Riku's head off if it weren't for Angel.

Anthony and Charlotte were another pair. Anthony was very shy and uneasy around everyone, seeing as he had lost his self consciousness. Charlotte had bags under unemotional blue eyes. She had lost her happiness as a result of the game.

Ixa, Zach, Marcus and Anita came at the same time, obviously out of breath. They had met at Cat Street and had to run all the way to the Crossing.

Sora looked down at his hand to find the red irritation and imprinted timer gone from his hand. He looked up and smiled, "That's everyone." Suddenly, swirling darkness parted the group of players as a large figure appeared in the Scramble. It was Lexeaus.

The fifth member of the Organization looked as menacing as ever to Riku, but Sora, Kairi and the rest were unfamilear with him. Riku had mentioned the stocky villian once or twice, but Sora never imagined him to be so menacing.

He smiled, orange hair standing out with the newly sprouted wings that were on his back. They were almost as large as him, which was saying something.

"All of you, this was a trap. What kind of mission would be to meet up at some spot and gossip?" Sora thought about it for a moment and then realized how stupid a task it had been.

A large tomahawk formed from the darkness imbedded in Lexeaus' palm. He lifted it and summoned a large Noise. It was a Drake, large with a tattoo head and gapping maw, wings spread wide. Base groaned and said, "Drakes are one of the toughest Noise. Most of you would never be able to fight it."

Lexeaus smiled and said, "Exactly. You sure are knowledgable for a newbie." He then turned to Sora. "What happened to the light in your heart? Don't tell me that was your entree fee instead of your friends."

Riku and Kairi looked at Sora. "It's okay if the light inside of you meant more then us," Kairi mumbled softly. Sora waved his hands back and forth and said, "No! The light is the thing that helps me protect you, my friends, who mean so much to me." Kairi looked up and nodded. "Okay, Sora."

Lexeaus stroked his chin, as if he had a beard. "Well, whatever. I'll leave you to the Noise, okay? See you in hell." He turned and left in a swirling portal, just like the way he came.

Rif lifted his hand and shot blue bullets of energy, which whizzed through the air towards the dragon-like Noise. Sizzling hot, the energy lashed across it's chest, but since Rif had little experience in the game and it was only the second day, the Drake didn't flich at all.

The Noise lifted it's head and roared, calling meteors to come crashing down in the crowd of players. Angel said, "Damn it! We're all going to die, I mean, be erased!" Base grunted and lashed out a boxer-like fist straight into the throat of the beast. It screeched and stumbled backwards before flapping its wings to regain balance.

Sora squinted his eyes and shot a ray of light at the creature. It barely did anything besides burn the tips of the feathers on the Drake's massive chest. Sora looked at his other pins. Larxene had said something about the wrong pin earlier...and after the battle Sora saw her drop a couple of pins. One of them had a keyblade on it, which meant...

Sora took one pin and teleported onto the Drake's back. Then, he used the keyblade pin, which caused a Kingdom Key to slash onto the back of the dragon's head. It cried and stumbled, causing the teen to lose balance. He then teleported next to Kairi and winked.

Base said, "I thought you were new at this!" Sora said quickly, dodging the flames of the beast, "I am! I'm just not new to the Keyblade!" Base leaped and slashed a hand across the face of the dragon, which caused a snarl consisting of saliva burning with fire dripping onto Base's back.

He yelled, the abnormal spit of the dragon scorching him. Xaale shot water to cool the flames and he smiled unemotionally back. Riku saw Sora's performance with the Keyblade pin and lifted his own Keyblade. When the players were arriving earlier, he had exmplained that you needed the light inside of you to summon the keyblade. He could, because he had lost his darkness, which he depended on to balance the light. He didn't wield any pins at all.

Riku dashed forward, but was delayed by a breath of billowing winds from the Drake's open jaws. He braced the impact so that he would only slide a little bit, and then continued his run. Taking the way to dawn downward onto the dragon's head caused it to fall to the ground, not before it could spurt fire everywhere. Riku's foot caught on fire, but was quickly doused by Xaale again. It was lucky to have a nature weaver among them.

The Drake was fading, killed by the blow from Riku. Another swirling portal appeared, only to reveal Lexeaus again. "How boring, no one was erased." He smiled and said, "You're all going to be harder to take out then Minimimoto." He then yawned and said, "Well, I'm in a bad mood. I'm not sicking any more Noise on you, so you all are lucky."

The sturdy man walked up to Sora and took a pin off of his shirt. "Hey!" Sora yelled and tried to grab for the keyblade pin. Lexeaus grinned. "You want this? Then...I'll give it to you." Sora raised his eyebrows and thought to himself, "What was the point of taking it, then?"

Sora found out too soon. The man crunched the pin into a million pieces and flung them towards Sora. Sora was taken aback, his only way of wielding the keyblade during the game destroyed.

"Ta ta," Lexeaus said, and entered a portal. Everyone was silent, and most had no idea what was so signifigant about the keyblade. Andrew, the unfriendly player, said gruffly, "Just look around, idiot. You'll find it in one of the shops. Get that surprised look off of your face."

Sora shook his head and said woefully, "No, I can't. The keyblade was the most powerful weapon, and there are very few. Mine was turned into a pin because of the Game, and my entrance fee caused me to be unable to summon it."

"Suck it up," Andrew said. Sora squinted his eyes at the next remark. "One less player for me and Angel to get by." Angel said to him, "Shut up! You have to care about the others too, y' know."

"Hmph, that's losers' crap. I want to win." With that, he ran off. Angel stood there, mouth open, before apologizing and running after her partner. Everyone else muttered amongst themselves before leaving, leaving Sora, Riku, Kairi and the pact of Rif and Base Sebastian behind.

Base shrugged and said, "The guys friggen mental. He'll never win if he talks like that. Anyway, we'll see you. Oh, and by the way," he cast a glance at Riku. "I want you guys to contact us if you have any problems, okay? I've been in the game and I want to see you succeed. You just remind me of someone...his name was Neku. He one the Game that changed it all. You look so much like him...sorry." He smiled that unemotional smile and the two walked away.

"Neku...?" The name meant nothing to Sora, but it didn't matter. They had people they could trust, and that would help alot.

17. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Woohoo! Andrew's going to get us killed! All right! Dude that was just an awesome chapter.

18. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Thanks, it took a while to write so I hope you like it...or else :P jk

I never realized how long it was until...right now.​

19. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Meh. I'm sure it did. Constant analyzing of most everyone's characters and then trying to figure how it'll all work out. Nice.

20. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Thank you~ I try to fit everyone's character in there. Each day, a new pact has a higher role...

So far you've seen Base and Rif have a lot of attention, and they will for next chapter. Then I'm planning on Marcus and Anita, Chell and Shell and then Andew and Angel, and so on. Not really in that order, but...​