The Walking Dead: The Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Peace and War, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

The Walking Dead Tv Series has a game out, made by the same developers of other point and click wonders, such as Wallace and Gromit, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future.
    The game is story driven and features dialogue options, an open ended story and interesting combat. It's only the first of 5 episodes being released, which are suppose to be released monthly.

Really thinking about buying the season pass to get all 5 episodes when they're out. I figured out that if I pay Telltale directly, the cost is only £14 instead of £17. I know that's not much, but I life making a good deal anyway.

2. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm a big fan of the comic and tv series. I played the Jurassic Park game for the lols, and I thought it was actually fun. Looking forward to getting this game. I have seen a few trailers for it, and it looks good so far. And I like the idea that its all new people.

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I watched one of my friends play this game and it was pretty cool. Couldn't stop watching him play :P got more and more interesting as the game went on.

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Bought all the episodes and the first game, to be honest, very different but in a good way I think.

Telltale have been doing alot of turning the traditional point-and-click adventure games on their heads, and this one does the same, it blends in ideas of pointing and clicking on what you want but more in a sensitive and direct manner, such as when fighting the Walkers and how to handle stressful situations,

The biggest point for me was the fact that the story felt like it was evolving with my choices, and that they had an affect on the relationships and dynamics on friends and foes throughout, and it's all at lightning speed and you only have a limited amount of time to do it. It's very akin to the relationships in a Mass Effect game I found, really top notch stuff.
    Even the inbuilt trailer shows you the decisions you've made will move on to the next episode, I found that the icing on the cake.

Worth the buy I say, if you're looking for a faced paced adventure, with not so much emphasis on the fighting but the surviving and the relationship mechanics. Oh and story centred of course.

5. jafar custom title

I might have to buy it at some point, but i need to finish the comics first.

6. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

^ Hell, I still need to START reading the comics. :/

I am horribly addicted to the show, and I plan on checking out the game sometime soon. Gotta find some money :D

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

So, after the release of Episode 2:

The choice system really responded in a way I would not have imagined, relationships and people carried over, but the game ramps it up. Your adventure to finding a new fortress agains the walking dead, we encounter both new friends and foes, the realities of a wasteland and the beastly nature of humans is shown, the madness taking them.
    The dynamics between characters in your group are strained and food is short. It comes down to your actions on how the group dynamic will turn out.

Really tense and creative take on things. Loving this series so far.

8. Mish smiley day!

Funny that you would bump this topic, PaW, when I was just looking at it earlier.

Anyway, I am loving this game; very fast-paced and tense. It's so cool that the choices you make impact the next episode. It is even a little creepy/scary - although those dairy farmers were probably more scary than any of the the zombies, as well as that crazy lady at the camp.

Also, I've mentioned this once before off-site, but don't you think little Clementine bears a striking resemblance to our very own little admin?

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

That's what I love about apacolypse games in gneral, not the zombies and fighting of them itself, but the way humans react to such devestation. What do they do? Do they sink to barbarian tactics with little order and reason? Or do they protect everyone they can, and be fair with all the people they meet?
    The Walking Dead in any format has done this really well.

Someone has got to photoshop misty's head on Clem's body! 12 year old jokes are as fresh as ever!

10. jafar custom title

I just need to mention, it's based on the comic, not the TV show. They're having a game based on the TV show coming out for consoles, and it's going to be a shooter.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What kind of game is this? Point and click adventure? Hooow is it fast-paced?

And like GoT, it will be sh*t.

12. jafar custom title

Actually, it's really good.

I'm expecting the one based on the TV show to suck.

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

That's what I was saying. The shooter will suck.

I'm curious as hell about this game.

14. jafar custom title

telltale has had a great track record with the quality of their games. look into it when you get the chance.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

It's a point and click, but it's not quite as calm and lightly paced as mos all point and click, time is quite a considerate if unseen force in the gameplay.

I would really advise watching the first 5-10 mins to get an idea of it. Shouldn't spoil your experience at all.

I recommend it wholeheartedly, if my opinion means anything.

16. libregkd -

17. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

18. libregkd -

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

20. libregkd -