The Underland Chronicles

Discussion in 'Literature' started by program, Dec 26, 2011.

1. program Twilight Town Denizen

Has anyone read the 5 part series?

Summary:
    Gregor is a twelve year-old boy whose family lives in New York and is not very rich. One hot,summer day while Gegor's mom is at work,his young sister,Lizzie, is at camp and his grandmother, who is bedridden, has the company of their neighbor, he is doing laundry with his two year-old sister Margarete,nicknamed Boots. After she falls into the dryer machine and does not come back up Gregor jumps in after her and finds a whole civilization,called Regalia,has been living under New york for thousands of years. And soon he finds out he is the prophesied Warrior in the multiple prophecies by Bartholomew of Sandwich, the founder of Regalia. throughout his adventures/quests he befriends the princess Luxa, the sarcastic rat Ripred,the roaches Temp and Tick and many others who assist him in saving the underland and all it's inhabitants of giant insects and animals.

I think that summary could've been better, but its decent enough!
    I've just recently finished the last book, and thought I should share the series. Its written by Suzanne Collins, the author of The Hunger Game Series, but I find this series much better than the Hunger Games and more enjoyable.
    Opinions?Reviews?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I read it a few years ago! Some of my memories of it are a bit fuzzy, but I do recall liking it. :D

Hm. Maybe I'll reread it once I get through this pile of Christmas books...