Dream Drop Distance The Story of 3DS

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by warno, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Klein Banned

3D is going to be the next step forward for the series after 358/2 Days, BbS and Coded.

2. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    is that fact or speculation?

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It being the next step is fact. Where that step is is an entirely different question. BBS was the step after days but it brings us back to the begining of it all.

4. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

kh3d takes place after coded...this has already been stated in the news on the main page before

5. Misty gimme kiss

Dunno about you guys, but I think that a time traveling plot makes a lot of sense. :B

If you think about it, the hidden boss guy with the blue lightsabers has been connected to time travel in several ways. If you take a look at the Keyblade you're given after defeating him, it has the clear relation to time. From the KH Wiki:
    It'd also explain why Sora and Riku are in their KH1 outfits, as well as the point that Ralor made here:
    So a situation in which Sora and Riku are transported throughout time, and when they arrive in a certain area, they are at the stage/appearance in life that they would have been in that time. If that makes sense. For example, if I was 20 years old now (picking a nice easy number, haha) and transported to 2000, 10 years in the past, I would appear as my 10 year old self.

One thing it's guaranteed to be is trippy, though. o:

6. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Time travel huh...?
    I dunno, as much as possible and logical it may seem, it's the easy way to fix things when they get complicated.
    From Nomura, I hope and expect something more surprising.

7. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Maybe Luxord has something to do with that? (If it's time traveling we're talking about)
    Or perhaps his somebody, if we have killed his heartless of course ^^'

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Could you give a link? The only thing I found that could be interpreted as that is the article that I've already debated here.

9. Mike Chaser

I'm actually interested about this title. KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep was great and although KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days wasn't that great, I believe this title will be different.
    From what we gathered from Nomura's interview, it appears that the game will be based on the mastery test for Riku and Sora.

10. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't think the game is gonna be based all around the Mark of Mastery exam... It's more likely gonna be an establishing plot point, and then something else more pressing comes up. That's kinda how it happened in Days, BBS and KH2.

After all, if Yen Sid's version fills an entire 3DS game cartridge, then we seriously need to ask Eraqus' ghost why his version was only five minutes long!

(Admittedly he did have an audience with him, so cutting to the chase is preferred, but...)

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Although nobody answered my question on what interview it was that had told everyone it was after Coded the latest interview does clearly state that. So my apologies to everyone who had to deal with me being "that stubborn idiot" Though I am still curious as to what interview I had missed before.

Also, now that it is definately confirmed to be after Coded, my worst fears about the series are realized. Time travel going forwards is the only way to use that mechanic without plotholes. When you go backwards it gets worse the farther you go. The mysterious figure fight was acceptable because it was only a few seconds at a time. Going back far enough that Sora and Riku are in thier KH1 attire; that I'm not sure about. I'll likely play the game anyway because I'm such a fan, but I really hope I'm wrong about where those clues are leading.

12. Kirdex Moogle Assistant

I didn't read every post so this may have already been said but what if KH3D takes place between KH1 and KH: Chain of Memories. I may be wrong but if you think about it it was never really explained how Sora or Riku ever got to castle oblivion, they just sorta showed up there.

Another thought what if the Sora and Riku are just clones like Xion and the Riku Sora fights in castle oblivion, maybe something like the Organisation trying different ways to get a key bearer.

Edit: Just read the post above mine and discovered that it takes place after coded...So now that we're discussing the fact that it's time travel let me throw this out there (yet again something that has probably already been said on here so I'll look like an idiot for repeating it). Riku and Sora may need to be sent back in order to put things right. Like someone is trying to mess with their past so they have to keep the person from altering anything by defeating the enemy's that have been sent back.

13. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

You know, I think this is the only website I've ever seen that has theorised that travelling back in time should make you age down as you travel. =\

Is there a possibility the whole thing is actually a simulation?

14. Misty gimme kiss

At this point we really have no idea what Nomura is going to throw at us, haha. I really don't find the idea to be too ludicrous, I mean look at the KH series so far... really, anything is possible, lol.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That's actually what I was thinking. Like Yen Sid put them in a Castle Oblivion type situation where their tests took place in their memories.