Dream Drop Distance The Story of 3DS

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by warno, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Nomura did an interview recently stating some things about KH3D which has been translated by andriasang that gives a few clues into the game's plot:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/03/tetsuya_nomura_on_kingdom_hearts/

2. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I don't know why, but I had this weird idea that maybe the Sora we're playing as, the Sora "we're not familiar with", is actually Sora as Riku remembers him. This game could either take place during KH1 inside Riku's memories, or directly after that, idk. Just a theory, but it'd be really cool if it took place in Riku's memories. Like, it wouldn't be things that happened in the past, it would be something that didn't really happen but based on Sora as Riku remembers him. Would kinda be pointless, but in the end maybe it would be important? Idk, just a theory

Or maybe it could be what happens to Sora during KH1 through Riku's eyes?

Could your provide a link to that interview Bueno?

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It's not like an actual interview. It's a part of Another Report which came with the preordered version of KH2:FM+

4. Ralor Twilight Town Denizen

5. Undesirable Number 1 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd have to disagree with this to be honest. Yeah, Days didn't have a very good story, I dunno about coded, but Birth by Sleep was great. The BbS team made Re:CoM/BbS have made those two repetitive, 3D will most likely be repetitive too, but it'll have a good story.

Those are my thoughts.

6. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I have no idea. I haven't got BBS yet since it's for my birthday, but I think it'll have a very important connection. I think it's about the
    Mark of Mastery thingy
    or something like that....only time will tell.

7. Ventuskeyblade Merlin's Housekeeper

well Nomura (i think) said that we shouldn't be fooled by images that we see. im guessing he means that the screens with sora and riku in their KH outfits were kinda just prototypes. so that might clear some stuf up. also, if this game takes place in sora's head and through his memories, thats just ANOTHER CoM! I cant wait for this game to come out because it'll probably be really good. and the 3Ds graphics will make this game amazing!!!

8. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/21/kingdom_hearts_3ds_next/

The only reason he said Re:coded was 'the latest game in the timeline' is because Re:coded was the only game being developed that the public knew about at the time.

Also: THINGS I POSTED BEFORE THAT YOU ARE STILL WORRIED ABOUT:

Q: What's the story? Will be split between Sora and Riku in a single storyline.

Q: It takes place in Sora/Riku's head? No, it takes place outside.

Q: AU game? No. It's already confirmed it takes place in the same timeline as the rest of the series.

Q: The Mark of Mastery will be involved? Yes.

Q: It's a remake? ...Oh for God's sake.

9. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

That clears a hell of a lot up. Thanks, Umiyuri Papaeyra.
    So whoever came up with the Mark of Mastery theroy was kinda correct.

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm actually not sure if that was right. Reading the article it sounds like he's saying KH:3D is the next one to be released, not necessarily the next one in the storyline.

11. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

...The wording here is "THE TIME FRAME FOR 3D IS AFTER RE:CODED".

If it actually meant "3D IS GOING TO BE RELEASED AFTER RE:CODED", I'm very sure they would've translated his statement as that.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Time-frame doesn't necessarily mean the story's time-line. If I was working on two paintings and I told you that the time time-frame for one was after the other, I would be telling you the order I would be finished making them.

It was a poor choice of wording that has a double meaning.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

But the paintings don't (usually) tell a story within a certain time unless one painting is of a medieval town and the other is of a modern city.
    Either way, when it's something like a painting, it would be assumed that the time frame means finishing time.
    But when it's a video game or a movie or a book or something that tells a whole story, time frame is more likely to mean setting, not release date.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have to disagree about the side storylines being rubbish, I enjoyed playing Days and I have yet to play Coded. BBS was the best but the other two weren't that bad.

Anyway, I think it's too early to make the assumption that it will be rubbish, I think we'll have to judge it when it comes around but right now all we have to work on is the various interviews with Nomura. The storyline of trust is a good thing to go on considering what a huge role it plays in the Kingdom hearts storyline. Who knows, it could be as good as BBS, or it could be as bad as you think Days was. We shouldn't make rash jusdgements at this early stage.

15. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Sorry, I missed when this post came around. At any rate we have a double meaning. One side we know to be true (3D will be the next new title after Re:Coded), and the other we think might be true (The spot in the time-line could also be after Coded). The two aren't mutually exclusive, but we can't use this to prove one side unless the others are denied.

Also at the begining of this interview Nomura says that the working title of "3D" is supposed to imply that it is the third game in the series. Considering this is far from being the third game released, and it is highly unlikely that they are going to put KH3 on a portable system, I would have to assume that he does mean the timeline for this statement. This places it inbetween KH1 and CoM. Not after Coded.

16. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Don't you think he meant 'third game' as in Kingdom Hearts 3?

17. Loghh Merlin's Housekeeper

Anyone ever thought of the possibility that this might be Data Sora and Data riku? They had their kh1 outfits...

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

First, he wouldn't put KH3 on a handheld. And Second, the team for KH3 is confirmed to be working on another project (Final Fantasy Versus XIII) right now. He doesn't want the team working on two major projects at once since it would reduce the quality of both.

So no, I don't think he meant that KH:3D is KH3

19. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Actually, that does make a lot of sense. But the 3D images we've seen so far are prototypes, and Data Riku was in his
    End of CoM attire during Re:Coded.
    But we don't know if 3D is AFTER Re:Coded, but your answers makes the most sense so far, I think.

20. Loghh Merlin's Housekeeper

Ive been thinking about the possibility of Data sora and Data riku and so far this is the only theory that made sense for me. So i had to ask others of their opinion :`D I finished kh recoded on DS a lil while ago you see. :P Though it might just be prototype Sora and Riku in the trailers so yeah... 3D looks good though. Whole 3ds thing does. :P