The Spellbook

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Jayn, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jafar custom title

changing my vote to manifesting

2. Jayn

MISH: The Manifesting Spell sounds pretty groovy ...

YOU: Groovy?

Mish shoots you a pouty look before flipping past the Table of Contents and to the page dedicated to Manifesting.

MISH: Okay, this looks simple enough. We need a few things here. Three white candles and something to light them with, a white piece of paper and a pencil, a vessel - or someone to receive the ability, and a piece of jewelry. ... Any volunteers for the vessel?

You gaze around the room, 42% ready to step up to the plate if no one else is willing. Fortunately, Roxam shrugs and raises his hand with a confident expression.

ROXAM: Sure, why not?

MISH: Cool, cool ... Uhh, okay it looks like we also need a drop of blood from the vessel, sooo, be ready for that.

He suddenly doesn't look too thrilled and retreats back into the corner of the couch he had been lounging on earlier. Nova frowns from his place on the rug, clearly anticipating whatever's to come. You wonder if he drank at all. It probably wasn't a good idea to serve alcohol.

NOVA: Oh, come on. I'm sure it'll be fine. Just a prick on the finger.

YOU: Hey, hey. How about we don't force people to do what they're uncomfortable with. Roxam, do you want to be the vessel or not? Hurry it up, I want you guys ouuuut of my house.

ROXAM: Um ... Sure, but no drawing blood, please.

With that settled, you stand up and start looking around the house for the things you'll need. Not willing to risk something happening to your more precious jewelry, you come back with a My Little Pony ring that belongs to your little sister along with everything else on the list.

The candles are lit and lights are turned off. Everyone gathers close around the table, talking among themselves before Mish chimes in again, clearing her throat and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

MISH: Okay. Roxam. On the piece of paper you are going to write '2spooky4me' three times. Then, I'll read the spell and you're going to burn the paper as soon as I'm done.

You all exchange questioning looks and Roxam nods slowly. This was ridiculous. The ring was placed around the middle candle. At the end of the ritual, Roxam was supposed to put it on and be granted his ~ powers ~. Yeah right.

YOU: Ready? Let's get this over with, I'm tired ...

MISH: Wiggly, woggly - err - waggly goo,
    Spirit of Desire, I'm channelin' you.
    Please grant me the power that I really need,
    And for this great power, I'll certainly bleed ...

Nova shoots Roxam a condescending look.

MISH: Give me this power,
    if you find it fair,
    to manifest objects straight out of thin air.

Roxam touches a corner of the piece of paper to the flame of the center candle. It catches fire and vanishes quickly, leaving but a thin wisp of smoke. You hope it doesn't set off the fire alarm because that would be a bunch of bullshit. Satisfied with the spell's completion, Mish removes the My Little Pony ring and hands it to Roxam who slips it on.

Nothing seems to happen.

[​IMG]
    [] YOU: Welp, that's it. PARTY'S OVER EVERYONE GO HOME.
    [] FEARLESS: Did it work? Try to manifest something, Roxam!
    [] SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

3. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

[] YOU: Welp, that's it. PARTY'S OVER EVERYONE GO HOME.
    [] FEARLESS: Did it work? Try to manifest something, Roxam!
    [X] SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

4. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[X] SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

6. Jayn

[ inventory pending ]

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

X SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

x SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[x] FEARLESS: Did it work? Try to manifest something, Roxam!

10. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

[x] SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I have a feeling 'Loading' basically means 'Voting over get ready suckaz' so maybe don't post commands after that

Also

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

12. jafar custom title

[x] YOU: Welp, that's it. PARTY'S OVER EVERYONE GO HOME.

also if mish doesnt actually record herself reading the incantation, i'm going to be really dissappointed.

13. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I knew the server change would continue to bring all of this incessant game lag.

14. Jayn

[Note: Sorry for the wait, carpal tunnel decided to give me issues and I took yesterday off from the Internet]

Aside from a few disappointed expressions, no one seems that surprised. They didn't really believe something magical would happen, right? Even Mish shrugs and closes The Spellbook, ready to call it a night.

That is, until a figure steps out from the flickering shadows of the dim living room with a dark expression. He pinches a needle inbetween his fingers, eyes locked on the chosen vessel.

SYNK: The spell won't be complete until Roxam bleeds ... ... ...

The air thickens with tension and a bit of uncomfortable shifting breaks the awkward silence [ well, that and the TwilightBlader's cookie munching ]. Roxam looks nervously around the room and settles his eyes on you, waiting for you to stop the pending madness. You clear your throat and straighten up, happy to aid him.

YOU: Okaaay, well, too bad then. He wasn't comfortable with it and we're not going to force him --

PHOENIX: Err, not that I want him to bleed or anything, but I've heard bad things about leaving a spell unfinished ...

SAXIMA: Same, actually.

YOU: Jeeze, you guys don't actually BELIEVE this stuff, right?

ROXAM: ... If anyone cares, I ... um ... would really rather not draw blood.

You sigh. Everyone looks towards you for a final verdict.

[​IMG]
    [] YOU: We're done here, everyone OUT. Magic doesn't exist and nothing bad is going to happen! We're not cutting into anyone tonight.
    [] YOU: ... Fine. SynK, have at him. FINISH THE SPELL.
    [] YOU: Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

I N V E N T O R Y [​IMG]

M A P L E x C O O K I E [ 1 ] - This delicious treat will restore one orb of health!
    C A R x K E Y S - The keys to your car. It has a flashlight keychain.
    2 6 x B U C K S - What remains of the money your parents left you with.
    C E L L x P H O N E - About 43% charged.
    P R E C I O U S x H A I R x O R N A M E N T - Your great grandmother gave you this when you were young. You still wear it sometimes. It kind of looks like a key.

15. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

16. Aelin Best Waifu

x]《 YOU: ... Fine. SynK, have at him. FINISH THE SPELL. 》

17. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

x YOU: Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

X YOU: Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

19. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

[x] YOU: Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[x] YOU: Let's start the spell over with someone who doesn't mind being hurt. Nova, you seemed pretty okay with it earlier?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.