The Secrets of Tyrrus

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Relatively Sane, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Dylan put on a slightly defensive expression and raised his hands "By the gods, it's just a question" he protested, as if he'd done nothing wrong. He didn't react when Kara decided to use him as a footstool. He pulled out another cigarette from his jacket pocket, and lit it. He usually didn't smoke this much, but the money issues had him on edge. Back in New Haven he'd hardly smoked at all, but that was because New Haven didn't already smell like smoke and fumes, whereas in Eredan tobacco smoke was just one more scent to add to the pungent fragrance of dirty waterways, exhaust fumes, and the thick black fog that bellowed from the factories on the east side. Returning to the issue at hand he looked pointedly at Kara and Zephyr "Your responses make you so easy to read. Work on that" he turned his gaze to Mira briefly with a slightly suspicious look. She'd avoided the question pretty expertly, but Dylan was one to notice that sort of thing. She hadn't mentioned murder in her past, and she didn't seem like that kind of woman, but if that was the case why didn't she just say no? He made a mental note, then returned his attention to the cigarette and sat in silence for a moment "This is very much about what I mentioned in my office. The constabulary are big fans of locking people away, but sometimes a criminal just has to die. Sometimes prison just isn't effective. And if we're in that kind of situation, I want to know whether or not I can rely on you" he explained, looking at nobody in particular.

[​IMG]
    Confident that Jebediah would fulfil his role dutifully, Lynda got into the car and started up the engine. The blue motorcar pulled out of the space, and began to trundle at a leisurely pace towards the HQ, but in contrast to this Lynda's mind was racing. She was glad when Ulrich opened up conversation.
    "It's just such an odd case Ulrich. Such a high-profile target would suggest a terrorist attack, but it's just one woman, and what kind of message would they even be trying to send? And Lucian, despite what we may think of him, was right, why not hurt the Grand Minister?" she rambled, trying to get her thoughts in order "And then there is the matter of Lilian. She's a diplomat, not a warrior, how was she able to take out two well-trained guards? And that outburst, when she said she had no control... some mental illness? Or something more sinister? Was she being blackmailed? Was some magic at play? She has nothing to gain from this, I simply don't believe she's to blame for any of this" she stated as she drove, eager to see if Ulrich could think of anything that she was missing.

Constabulary HQ - Lord-Marshall Harvey Hogfeld

The Lord-Marshall was interested by the technology that Iris had to offer and listened to her speak, carefully considering his options "Now, what you offer is certainly marvelous miss Hyden, and I will certainly come to you next time a constable needs prosthetics..." He said politely "But what you're suggesting is that I ask my officers to replace their limbs with these augmentations in the name of law enforcement. I'm not sure I'm willing to ask that kind of question. Now I know it's all very fashionable among the aristocracy to have the latest fancy bionics, but these men are just civilians. I'd assumed you were going to be selling me weapons or armour, which are what we are more in need of to be honest" He spoke, not quite rejecting the offer but voicing his concerns about it. He did not mention how the public were unlikely to rally behind a super-human constabulary, due to the large amount of prejudice against augmented individuals, it was clear Miss Hyden didn't spend much time around the lower classes.

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Her instinct was correct. Dylan was checking to see what they were prepared to do, and how they responded. It was a test, though she got the strangest feeling that she did not pass. At least Mira was not called 'easy to read'. She prided herself on being able to have good self-control in what she revealed about herself and to whom. At least that theory was holding true thus far in the real world.
    "You should know what I think of that." She spoke gravely, then looked out of the window to watch the streets outside. She taps her clockwork arm against her left thigh, a sombre expression on her face. "I have not killed before. But if it comes to it... I shall do what must be done." Real justice was at a premium in this city. The loss of her arm was a testament to that. A random act with no explanation. No closure. She did not care for that any longer but the principle still stood. She had lost something, and was never given recompense. If, to get that recompense for someone she had to cross a line, then so be it. Cross it she would.

[​IMG]

"My life is unlike anything you humans possess. I am not bound by the constructs of your society." Aspire intoned, a declaration of his independence from the world around him. This woman was unusual amongst humans. She had a healthy interest in technology, and he marvelled at the small clockwork bird that she had crafted. He allowed the engineer to remove his panels and extended a finger in the hope that the small mechanical would land on it. "This creature is truly beautiful, Mirela. I compliment your skill at craftsmanship." However, he had been asked a question.
    "The duration of my stay is indeterminate. Current events may compel me to remain longer than anticipated."

3. British Historian Merlin's Housekeeper

Jebediah Crowne Thumbnail.png
    Lucian was clearly not amused with Jebediahs old school tactics but it was fine, maybe if he squinted? No, even then he couldn't ignore it, but it was something he could assure himself on, after all if the old-... No, Classic! Policing methods didn't work then Jebediah wouldn't have made several arrests before lunch already, he took Lucian words at face value and turned to lead them to the captive "After we're done here you can take lunch, go find a pub" Jebediah commented towards Lucian, he seemed oddly more sober then normal "I won't tell Lynda if we get answers." The two men went on to stride up to the carriage and confront the guard, Jebediah composed to the best of his ability "Hello constable, I'm Sargent Crowne and this is my deputy Constable Thistle, is the subject fit for questioning?"
    Ludwick Gallows.png
    Ludwick lent back in his chair and spun around 4 times, paused, a cup of tea had magically appeared on his desk with a pool of brown liquid atop his desk, he stopped himself and sipped the single third of tea still left in the mug and burnt his lips, not on the tea, but the mug "ARGH!" he exclaimed before throwing the mug into the fireplace that upon shattering just caused the fire to grow and roar from the fireplace "ALICE!" He exclaimed as he removed his waistcoat and threw that back onto the growing fire before pulling out his draw and brushing down an identical one as his secretary Alice slams open his door "Did it happen again sir?" She exclaims already holding a towel "I told you we couldn't get your grandfathers transporting rune to work! even he couldn't really." as she mopped the tea Ludwick straightened on his new waistcoat "I know; but who thought adding-" Ludwick uttered as he grabbed a pencil off his desk and threw it into the fireplace that was now almost out of control, as the eraser end caught the flames they turned partially blue and blasted the pencil like a missile just missing Ludwicks knee and crashing into a flower pot shattering it and destroying the pencil completely "- Fireworks... was the answer should be fired!" Alice opened a shoot on the floor that led to a duct, not sure where it went but figured someone would complain eventually after enough rubbish was forced down its gullet. Ludwick beat Alice to grabbing the broom from the small supply cupboard "Don't worry yourself Alice I can do this." Alice smiled "Thanks sir." She turned to leave but stopped as a man in a trench-coat filled the door way, after getting an eye full of her the man came to his senses and stepped aside allowing Alice to part, she had a habit of making men speechless "He'll see you now!" She said nudging the man in by his bottom and shutting the door behind him.

"Boss!-"
    The young man wanted to speak but he found himself quickly having a broom forced upon him "You can handle that" Ludwick exclaimed pointing at the broken flower pot "Right... sir I have some things we can start work on there's been a-" as the reporter rambled Ludwick sat back in his chair and the fire behind him roared out and set the curtain behind Ludwick alight! "-FIRE!" the reporter exclaimed as he brushed the final bit of soil out of the carpet and down the vent "Let me stop you right there!" Ludwick exclaimed oblivious to the raging inferno just feet behind him on his left "We have arson stories every 5 minutes here in Eradan give me something new and exciting" The mans eyes widen as the fire engulfs the whole curtain; is this how he dies? "There's been a shooting in at the ministry, a politician attempted to shoot the Grand-minister!" The reporter proclaimed as tears welled in his eyes but Ludwick stood up sharply "This is brilliant!" He exclaimed as he turns to his right still missing the fire and strides to a speaking tube that leads down to the writing hall "Go get your notes to the boys downstairs! I can; theoretically of course, smell the holes we're going to burn into the peoples wallets!" He gestured the young reporter to the door who let out a sigh of relief and he turned and bolted out the door, Ludwick took a stance by the round window from his office overlooking the writing hall "Good morning authors! This morning the Grand Minister survived an assassination attempt at the hands of one of her co-workers you'll receive notes shortly with details but for now you boffins need to get a catchy headline! 'Granny standing after scuffle' Not that; but that. Good luck team!"

Ludwick shut the pipe and let out a breath feeling happy with himself he walked out of his office and turning to Alice
    "You know he cried on his way out right?" She asked as Ludwick began writing a note frantically "No Alice don't be daft" Ludwick assured as he turned to an owl cage in the corner and strapped his note to its leg "Now, Bulletin, You are my most loyal owl, I need you to go and inform the reporters at dragon-quest plaza that they must get some details from what the local enforcement have found out or have done" Ludwick opened the window and thrusted Bulletin out, after the brief shock the owl found its self getting a grip and entering a glide away from savour spire "I didn't know you trained Bulletin to deliver mail..." Alice wondered allowed "Well of course I didn't! You-..." Ludwick paused "****. Write down what I just said and send someone to inform the reporters" Alice nodded as she quickly jotted up a letter with instructions and slid it down the mail chute Ludwick turned back into his office and was greeted with a calm fireplace with a scorched black curtain among beautiful burgundy ones in the corner "Oh... " He Muttered leaning back out the door "And order me a new curtain will you?".

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The robot mentioned his life not being like a humans, and Mirela thought about it for a moment. "I suppose you are right. Though I would imagine it almost being more complicated than a humans life in a certain way. I mean in the other ways there wouldn't be the same laws tied to you, not the same emotional driven responses, so that could be easier. That being said I can't imagine not functioning in the matter I do. It would be interesting to try though, just for the day. After a day I would want to go back to being me." Mirela spoke as she worked, placing the plate that she just polished, back on the construct before taking the next piece off, this one much smaller. Taking a small brush, Mirela started to work on cleaning out the inside parts. As she did Aspire was admiring Flicka, who did land on his finger. "She seems to like you." Mirela giggled. "Thank you for your compliment, but the skill it took to make her are nothing compared to the skills it would have taken to make you. Your crafter must have been a remarkable man. I would love to meet him one day. It would be amazing to talk with him. Not that I can say much or be mad. I already got to meet one of my hero's today, so things are pretty good." Mirela stated as she placed the piece back on and continued to move from one thing to the next, cleaning and polishing, so each point was as bright as possible.

"Aaaaand done. Anything else you need done? If nothing now you can always come back anytime that you are in town. I will always be here. The shop is open between 7am and 9pm. If you have to come by any time outside of that then you can just knock on the door and I will likely be here. Oh and Sundays I close at 7pm so I can do my shopping for the week. Besides that you should be able to always catch me." While Mirela had shop hours, they were more for show. Really she would make time for people at any point as long as she was home.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

So he was easy to read, that was a new one out of all the things that he'd been called, though the intent in this case was different. Zephyr wasn't sure just how he would go about solving that apparent problem of his, though he would figure something out given some time. At the very least it would be something stick around in his head. "My answer is simple." The various times that this fleeting thought of his had occur gave her plenty of chances to consider what he would do in such a situation. "If it needs to be done then I'll do it." Contrary to most of the stories Zephyr loved to read in which situation like the one proposed had a better chance of being resolved fully by just locking away the perp, he knew that in the real world things were not quite so simple and easy. That one extra step over the line was sometimes needed.

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Ulrich listened to Lynda's rambling and he himself was trying to fit puzzle pieces together. "Maybe the reason why they didn't hurt the Grand Minister is because they were sending the message to her? I mean if you are able to strike within the seat of power with impunity, then where will you be able to hide safely? A show of force just as an example, this could be a ploy to make sure a certain decision is or isn't made. I am afraid I am unaware of the full business at the ministiry as I do not follow the news regarding politics extremely well otherwise it could shed more light on the matter." Ulrich said, putting in his two cents in to try and answer Lucian's question. The other question he thought a moment or two about before opening his mouth again to speak.

"
    Well according to the Royal Guardsman I spoke the room wasn't warded against magic so it would be a likely approach to this case, from what I gathered there is an understandable sense of confidence with the Royal guard that a handful would be able to take care of a mage. If such a thing were to be known maybe someone would try to exploit this particular situation, capitalising on their by lack of better term hubris. It might be a combination of both, Lilian being blackmailed into this, and she was completely controlled through magical abilities to make sure the guards could be overpowered and she wouldn't back out or hesitate. I am aware this is all guessing and a lot of theory with very little evidence. Though Lilian and the Grandminister were arguing before the incident if we learn what this argument was about it could atleast debunk or prove part of this theory." Ulrich was rather curious to Lynda's thoughts on his only scarecely supported theory.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Kara leaned her head back, letting the muscles in her neck loosen in order to let her body roll with the jolting of the carriage. Even though this swung her head from side to side slightly, she kept her gaze on Dylan, only slightly annoyed by the seriousness of the conversation. First the police officer, and now this. Miribelle seemed to enjoy the subject, because she kept right on conversationing along the line with Dylan. Kara didn't like talking about emotions, not unless she initiated, and certainly not her own. Easy to read, was she? Oh Stardust, if only you could be adorable when you're smug. But Kara kept that to herself, no need to hurt his ego. Not yet anyway.

"Oh I don't know, Blondie. Princess seems to have a core of steel, but I bet on the inside you're as gooey as a marshmellow." She teased, tickling the skin on her collarbone with the tips of her purple hair. The sensation was a relaxing one, and honestly, in this atmosphere she needed that. "Besides, Stardust." She turned her lightly colored eyes onto him. "I wonder if the real question isn't if you're capable of trusting us based on our word. Because we could all give you what you want to hear, but lies ever so easily slip from the tongues of some." She rolled her ankles, rubbing her leg muscle against his own before settling down again, returning to rolling her hair around her human finger. "I think, we should play the game Have You Ever? We could pick up liquor on the way. Lighten the mood a bit."

8. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    Iris was not expecting this to be an easy sell. She had hoped the Lord-Marshall was a progressive man and it was clear he was in fact open minded, but he still held the apprehension that so many had against augmentations. A mute point in Iris' mind, it was clear that augments were the future of the human condition. However as a businesswoman she had to pander to her clientele and so those concerns needed to be addressed. "You must understand that these augmentations are weapons and armour combined, they are much more than simple gadgets, they are human empowerment. The offer is to provide these services to those who wish to use them, I do not suggest you force your men to become augmented, just that they are aware they have this option. I understand there is some prejudice against augmentations at the moment, but they are the future. Staying ahead of the times is how you win. Although viewed as controversial now, in time people will come to realise that this was a turning point in history. Within ten to twenty years augmented police forces will be the norm. If you make this deal today the Eredan constabulary will become the forefront of modern policing, a shining example for the world to follow."

9. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Dylan listened, making mental notes of the responses of his employees. Kara was, as usual, being the most difficult. "I'm very good at picking up on lies, Kara. I'm a detective, and I'm certainly more experienced at it than you" He stated "And no liquor, I don't want you getting intoxicated on the job" Kara still hadn't answered the question. She might have thought she'd slipped away from that subject, but Dylan had made a note of it as an unanswered question. "No time for games I'm afraid, we're here" he said, as the carriage pulled up close to Dragoncrest Plaza. The plaza was teeming with Royal Guard, so many that trying to see what was going on would be difficult. Fortunately, Dylan didn't have to "Come along then" he said, hopping out of the carriage.

[​IMG]
    Lynda listened to Ulrich theorise. She jolted when he mentioned "being controlled with magic abilities" "Wait. Forbidden Magic? We haven't seen that in Eredan for... well, not since before I was born" Lynda was suddenly apprehensive "That's worrying. But it would make sense. There's case files back at the HQ that we'll have to scour through" Ulrich then mentioned Lilian and Elizabeth's argument "Ah yes. They were arguing about immigration. Lilian wants to put stricter measures on immigrants coming in from Hirokir. The Grand Minister opposed it. I don't see how that's relevant, but I've been wrong before" Lynda pulled into the Constabulary HQ and parked the car next to the other two, before getting out "My understanding of magic is that most of it only works when you can see the target, and nobody mentioned seeing a mysterious mage. But I've heard of things that extend that range... we need to search the Ministry"

Dragoncrest Plaza - Royal Guard
    The Royal Guard watched as the constables approached and asked him about the subject "She's just regaining consciousness. You have five minutes" He said. They'd placed Lilian Harbrook in the back of a wagon, which he then opened for the constables. The minister sat in a set of manacles, looking exhausted and terrified.

Constabulary HQ - Lord Marshall
    Harvey Hogfeld stroked his short beard thoughtfully. While Iris was talking his head had begun to hurt, probably something to do with the stress from earlier "I will... think about your proposal Miss Hyden, and get back to you about it" He said politely "In the meantime, I'm still not feeling very well after what happened earlier, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave, I think I need a little rest"

10. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    That wasn't a reassuring response, but at least it wasn't a direct no. Iris was aware she may have let her beliefs get the better of her and needed to reevaluate her pitch if the matter was to be discussed again. for the meantime she just motioned towards Dr. Carmichael for a notepad and then quickly jotted down her number, before rising out of her seat and leaning over the desk, producing the note.
    "Of course Lord-Marshall, I hope that next time we talk I find you in good health." Iris placed the note on the desk before him "Here's my personal telephone number for when you come to a decision or if you wish to discuss anything at all. Thank you for this opportunity your lordship. I shall leave you to your business. Good day" She then curtsied and left with Carmichael in tow.

Iris was acutely aware that she had dinner plans right after the meeting and was glad she scheduled in a bit more time as the trip there was going to take a while. She got the carriage to drop her off at her townhouse before it headed back to Avant with Dr. Carmichael. The home was quite modest for someone of her wealth, but was at the same time decidedly upperclass. It possessed a garden which was rare this far into the city and was enclosed by a tall metal fence with trees skirting the edge, this both kept out intruders and made the city seem that little bit more distant from inside the grounds. The house itself was two stories high with loft space and a basement as well. Two large bay windows stood either side of the door and a three story tower with a cupola dominated one corner of the building. There was a decked porch around the front of the house and a caged in balcony wrapped itself around the first floor to a green house around the back. Despite all the embellishment the house was no manor, being on a small inner city plot.

Iris made her way inside. This was merely a quick stop to get changed, she needed to move fast to meet with Julia on time and she couldn't be seen dead in that part of town in her current attire; more precisely she would be found dead. Iris rushed up the stairs giving a brief wave to Spencer. A polished white golem who possessed gold filigree inlaid into his gleaming surface. He kept the house in order and tipped his bowler hat in response as Iris passed by. Within ten minutes Iris came back down the stairs barely recognisable from her former self. Her hair was bedraggled and draped uncombed from her head, she wore simple rags with wraps partially up her right arm and completely covering the augment on her left. She finished the look off with a paperboy's cap.

"I shall make certain to purchase some delousing powder whilst you are out and please stay in the greenhouse until you have been properly sanitised this time. You cannot demand all white furnishings and then traipse mud into the house, they'll never be truly clean again. I had to throw the reception room cabinet out last week, I couldn't bear to look at it anymore." Spencer's tone gradually grew more neurotic as he began to dust a vase within an inch of it's life.
    "I wondered where that had got to, please consult me before throwing out furniture next time" Iris starkly exclaimed
    "Duly noted, but M'lady you're doing it again, people will notice you speaking like that"
    "Ah...yes, well thank yo-" Iris stopped mid-sentence "thanks for pointing that out, I will see you later" She quickly adjusted her lexicon, but the more observant onlooker would see through her slightly exaggerated body language. Iris then pivoted around and headed for the back entrance where there was a more secluded exit onto the street.
    "Remember. Greenhouse" Spencer called after her.
    "Got it" and with that she headed on her way to the east side of Eredan.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jebediah lead as Lucian followed behind as they were let into the wagon where the woman was being held. Right before they entered, Lucian fell into a swagger that he used when he wanted to piss people off and start a fight. Both hands rested on the pommels of his swords, his fingers twitching like he was desperate to draw them. Climbing into the wagon he looked at Lilian, then to Jebediah, then back to Lilian. "You know Jeb, it has been way too long since these babies have had a chance to shine. Do you think anyone would believe if I said she attacked me first?" He drawled with a lazy grin. Jebediah, who had his weapons away gave Lucian a disapproving look. "Woah now Lucian, you remember our orders. We won't have to find out what you can get away with, if she co-operates with us." Lucian let out a long huff, obviously not fond of the idea that Jebediah was suggesting. "Well you are no fun. What should I expect though, it is you after all." He said, not daring to make a move against Jebediah though.

Leaning back against the far wall of the wagon, across from Lilian, Jebediah watched the woman for a second before talking once more. "Well we will see about your fun Lucian, won't we Miss Lilian? Now lets try saving your life, why did you attack the council?" He asked Lilian while Lucian lingered closer to her, still giving her the wicked grin which promised pain if she didn't speak, a pain that he looked forward to inflicting. ​

12. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Mir allowed her voice to fade into the back of the conversation as Kara kicked off again. She was being noticeably evasive about the issue. Zephyr... She was not quite sure what to make of him. His answer seemed genuine enough, but something made her think that the entire truth was being left out somewhat. Perhaps she simply had no faith that the assertion was made with confidence in his case. Returning to the issue of Kara, Mira was willing to believe that she would kill someone. There was no question about that in her mind. There was something else behind those eyes and that playful attitude. Perhaps she would have to find out.

The carriage pulled up with a jolt, the sound of the horse's hooves clattering lost to the hustle and bustle of Eredan as a motorcar sputtered its way past, grey fumes belching out of a distressed exhaust pipe. The noblewoman allowed Dylan to pass her, then followed. She used her cane to help her lower herself down, retaining a measure of elegance. She scanned the situation and quickly determined that Dragoncrest Plaza was a mess. There could be no question about it, something severe had happened. The Royal Guard were rarely deployed in these numbers outside of parades. While there were packs of onlookers, it was clear to her eyes that they had tried to clear the area of civilians. Her instinct suggested that there was a serious incident in the Ministry - Their activity seemed to be more focused around there, suggesting that it wasn't the Palace.

"Well, what have we here?" Mirabelle asks nobody in particular as she surveys the scene. "A break-in perhaps? Whatever brought them out seems to have occurred inside. There are none of the usual signs of an incident outside in the plaza itself."

[​IMG]

If the act of smiling were possible, Aspire reflects, then the arrival of the small mechanical bird on his finger would have caused such. His circuits were awash with a warm sensation that he had determined must be the human emotion 'Happiness'. He looked away from the mechanical marvel to inspect Mirela's work thus far, and the Golem was satisfied. Her attention to detail and care were more than adequate. Her services would be used again.
    "Likewise, it would be informative to see the human world through your eyes. However, I fear that such an experience would taint me. Given that I was created in your image, to inhabit a human mind would put me at great risk of easily absorbing your social constructs while losing my own beliefs and identity. It is not a risk that I am prepared to take." The Golem looked back at Flicka. The machinery inside must be so delicate and intricate. Truly, this woman underestimated her skill. Unlike many humans that he had encountered, including Vincent's colleagues, she was not one for boasting it seemed. She was a true engineer, or scientist. Her passion for the art of giving life to and taking care of constructs was true - Not twisted in the name of profit or self-aggrandisement. "I believe that you and Vincent would do well to meet. You and he share a true passion for yours arts. Additionally, he taught me the lesson: You would do well not to assume that you know all. I take this to mean that he is open to learning. Your Flicka is likely not within his skills - Flight is a difficult thing to replicate on such a small scale. It is impressive indeed. He would believe the same." Aspire stood once she finished and flexed his limbs and checked himself over. All components felt in order. This is good. He is functioning at maximum capacity.
    "I will return when I have more business." Aspire replied, taking note of the opening and closing times that were listed. "Although before I leave, I wish to know who this hero you mentioned is."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Mirela thought about what he was Aspire was saying, the consequences of being in the mind of a human to a construct like him. "I suppose you are right, you could lose your individuality, but it isn't like I am actually asking you to do it. I wouldn't ever actually enter the mind or the workings of a construct either, but it is interesting to imagine what it would be like? Perhaps that is just me though. I do have an interesting imagination as some people tell me. I was always seen as an odd one for that, but oh well. Odd just means I am more special, you know?" Mirela said as she moved around Aspire examining him still, not just his workings but making sure that she didn't miss a spot or anything.

Then there was the conversation on meeting Vincent. She would love to meet his creator one day, but didn't want to put the pressure on the construct to make it happen. Instead she turned her attention towards the comments on Flicka.
    "I guess she was difficult to make. I spent a lot of time studying small birds like her, watching how they moved and how fast their wings went. It was the only way to get even close to making something workable. It took several tries though. I had actually started to build her when I was ten and just an apprentice. It took until a couple years before I finally got her working fully and still haven't perfected her. But what is perfection anyways? I don't think such a thing exists." Anything and everything could always be improved, it was just a matter of time and thinking outside the box, that is why she was always working to improve her own parts whenever she could, make them better even if it meant they sometimes got stuck in the process of making them better. It was all trial and error after all.

Mirela was waving goodbye to Aspire before he turned around and faced her again for a moment asking about who her hero was anyways. She had to think for a moment before remembering her comment earlier. She had many heroes, so it took a moment before she realized which one he was talking about. "
    Oh, that would be Sir Mortimer Gallahowe. He is kind of a big thing around here, and he came into my shop today. You should have seen his augments. They were amazing." Mirela was practically swooning over how much of a masterpiece that just the augments he wore were. She could only imagine what else he might have been making.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

The silence that Zephyr had gone back too lasted for all of a couple of seconds until he had heard what Kara said to him. Typically he didn't bother too much with what she called him since usually she just called him 'Blondie' and that wasn't something to get "up in arms" about, especially when his hair was, in fact, blonde. When she questioned his willing to back up what he said, a noticeable frown appeared briefly before his expression returned to being neutral. Those doubts of his would have to be sorted out another time.

When the carriage had come to a stop, Zephyr had been the third person to exit following Dylan and Mirabelle. The first thing that he noticed was Royal Guards, a clear indication that something major had occurred. From where they currently was located, it would be difficult to getcloser look, especially given what Mirabelle had said.

15. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

Lilian Harbrook
    As the strangers entered her temporary prison, Lilian scrambled back against the wall and stared up at them with fear. The red-haired policeman was especially frightening, and although the sergeant appeared to be trying to be nicer, he was not reassuring. "I... I don't..." she stammered in a croaky voice "I mean... I don't know why. It just... happened. I didn't want anyone to die! Please you have to believe me!" The minister begged.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Kara sighed, continuing to play with her hair. Stardust, as ever, was completely straightforward to the point of almost being boring. But, fortunately for him, not as boring as Blondie. Her gaze slid to Miribelle, who remained silent, but in a "I'm thinking about things, and I'm thinking hard" sort of way. Or at least, that was how Kara perceived it. She didn't yet know her "teammates" well, and she honestly wasn't sure if she wanted things to progress that far. The arrival was both relieving and anxious; she had no desire to run into that constable for a third time. Releasing the strands of purple, she watched Dylan extricate himself from the carriage, followed by Miribelle, and then Zephyr. Would it be so terrible if she just remained in the carriage? Let it take her away, and find some tavern to hole up in until the world was less insane?

But no doubt one of them would try to track her out of concern, and ruin any kind of fun she might have. Oh well. Hopping out of the horse drawn vehicle, she gazed at the chaos with all the relish of an illiterate person looking at a pile of books. She knew all of this meant something, but finding out what might be beyond her skills. She was definitely better in a one on one situation, not one against thirty.
    "It would take someone bolder than I to break into something in the middle of daylight. And it would hardly gather such a crowd unless it was something truly remarkable. My bet is on something involving a body. People love the macabre." Evidenced by the crowd outside her aunt's house the night the woman had died certainly made it seem so.

17. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Dylan listened to his proteges theorise with a nod "Good points. All good points. But the easiest way to find out what's going on is to ask someone who knows" Dylan said, as he strode over to a constable standing by the side of the square. The man was quite young, with black hair and facial hair, and he was currently trying to calm down some civilians "Hey Chris" Dylan said to him. The constable looked around and recognised Dylan, he frowned slightly.
    "It's Constable Johnson while I'm on duty" he responded irately.
    "Whatever. So what's going on here?" The detective asked casually, looking over at the grandiose ministry building. Constable Johnson apologised to the civilians, and took Dylan and the others a few metres away.
    "It's bad. You know the minister of Foreign Affairs? Lilian Harbrook? She went mental and killed five people. Two of them were Royal Guards, the other three were ministers. The Grand Minister was unharmed, but seems very shaken. The weird thing? Minister Harbrook is a 32 year old woman with no combat experience, and after the event she surrendered peacefully" He explained, with a worrisome expression. Dylan looked out over the scene, cigarette hanging out of his mouth, and contemplated this.

18. British Historian Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh dear....png
    The two men listened to what Lilian had to say, she seemed clearly distraught after everything that had happened however it didn't change the fact that she was still to be held accountable, Lucian was the first to speak up "Sounds close enough to a confession for me." he Puts his thumb between the hilt and scabbard as he pushes his sword up just enough so that Lilian can see the steel, before he can act however Jebediah raised his hand to halt Lucian "We need the full Story. What happened in there? Why did you do it? Who are you working for?" He paused lowering his hand allowing Lucian forward as he looks towards Lilian with judgemental eyes.
    Lucian let his sword fall back into place for the moment but glares at Lilian. "He talks too much. It would be much easier to just be done with it now... unless you have something else to say, but I am getting bored of his voice and would rather like to know if I should shed some blood or take my energy out somewhere else." that threat was enough to make anyone's blood curdle, Jebediah remained relaxed as he analysed Lilian, a quick moment she falters, as she glances at Lucian she shakes, her eyes narrow and a sweat drop almost forms on her forehead; when she turns back to Jebediah as he gains a look of sympathy "This isn't your world Lilian, help me get you out... Tell us why you did it?"

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Lynda seemed to follow his theory and mentioned that the potential magical abilities he alluded to hadn't been seen in Eredan for a long time. "Well, it's not impossible for it to have returned is it? But as I said this is just a shot in the dark, it might explain the strange inconsistencies within the narrative of this crime. I'll look into those case files to see if there's anything useful in there." Ulrich said, knowing full well it was paperwork and definitely not his favourite job, but this was a rather interesting subject. When Ulrich listened to the explanation of the source of the discussion, he thought for a moment,it could have a few reasons, one of them being xenophobia but also economical if more people are around labour becomes cheaper, which for companies is favourable, but for the common man much less so. "Well, that does seem unrelated but perhaps pressure from economical groups is involved. But for the moment it seems irrelevant. As for magic, as far as I am aware you are right, you generally need to be in the vicinity, then again I am far from an expert in the field. And yes we really do." Ulrich said regarding the searching of the Ministry as he had gotten out of the car. He first went to go find those case files about the forbidden magic.

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Mirabelle nodded as Kara piped up, adding useful speculation to the moment. Yes, it seemed likely that there was a body involved. Suicide was never out of the question in such instances, but murder was always presumed. Dylan was correct though - The easiest way to find out was to ask. And he had. She followed him, listening as the Constable explained the situation. Lilian Harbrook, she knew the woman. She had seen her once or twice at various functions, and the noblewoman was astounded. The foreign minister had never seemed to her to be one for violence. However, it seemed unlikely to her that the constable's words were untrue. They either said nothing, or said the truth - If not the whole truth.
    "Do you know what she said as she surrendered?" Mira asked, curious. She wanted to know how someone explained the sudden murder of two members of the Royal Guard and three Ministers.

[​IMG]

The woman had a curious mind. Her attitude to perfection was... Interesting. The clockwork golem fell silent and appeared as contemplative as his expressionless frame wold allow.
    "Hmm." He intoned, mimicking the sound that Vincent made whenever Aspire posed him a difficult question. In truth, he was so engrossed by the thought that he almost missed the name Mortimer Gallahowe, but the 'Sir' tipped him off fast enough for him to pay some attention. That was a name he had heard before, mentioned by Vincent as another experienced mechanic. Although, it seemed unlikely that Aspire would be able to be serviced by such a man. This Mirela seemed more than sufficient. "Thank you for your time Mirela. I shall return when I require servicing." The clockwork golem strode out of the shop, his circuits awash with new things to consider. He began picking apart her conception of perfection, unaware that his departure may have been considered rather brusque. He would visit this Saviour's Spire now and go as high up as possible. Then, with the city below him, the golem would engage in some quiet contemplation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.