the saga of darren shan

Discussion in 'Literature' started by pielover316, Mar 31, 2008.

1. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

He sold the film rights ages ago so they should be
    made into movies.

2. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

no way, i kept thinking after i finished them the first im, make a movie make a movie make a movie make a movie make a movie make a movie, but i never heard anything about it, i wonder how many there will be because they cant fit them all in 1 movie

3. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Hmm this book seems interesting, i'm going to read it:)

4. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

cool u wont regret it probly the best series ive ever read. theres 4 trilogy books if u want to go the easy way

5. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Oh yes.... I noticed that as well. UNIVERSAL is the company who's bought it, and they are taking FREAKING forever! xD

well, apparently they'll be merging the 1st 3 books into one movie. =D

whatever, as long as they go through with the idea, and make the movie! yay! but i just hope that they don't screw it over like they [whatever company, and director that was] did with QUEEN OF THE DAMNED.

6. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

if they merge the first 3 that means there doing the first trilogy book, maybe they'll make the 4 trilogy books in movies

7. Juicy Chaser

ZOMG I ABSOLUTLY LOVE DARREN SHAN

i thought nobody else on here would know about him
    i loved the saga of darren shan but i think the demonata is slightly better
    there still both amazing though

the death that shocked me most, suprisingly, was mr tall. I was more devasted than with the loss of mr crepsley. :(

8. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

yeah i thought that to at first so i made this thread, then i thought that i was right cause it took a while for anyone to post, then finally some one did, when Mr. Crepsly died i was the closest i came to crying in ages, then as soon as steve said that he really was the one i got so mad. oh i read the first part of the first demonata book and i liked it but i lost my school ID so i couldn't borrow it.

9. Juicy Chaser

i know then they make half the chapter fake saying he got rescued just to get ur hopes up then they say no rly he did die :(

darrens life kinda sucked i feel sorry for him
    im re reading them right now... i just got past the bit when harkat goes "name...not lefty... name...harkat"
    lol i love it

10. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

wait, if ur only up to the part where hakart first talks, how do u know that Mr Crepsly and Mr Tall die. O.o

11. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

Darren Shan, huh? I've read the entire series. Interesting little fact, my older sister is F***ing obsessed with the series. She went as far as to draw him and her, recreate the story so Mr. Crepsly didn't die, inserted herself as Vancha's daughter!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!! I can't take it!!!!!! I think she went emo over it!!!!! We had a fight with our parents!!! She told them she was a vampire, through Vancha!!!!!! She wrote it down and read it aloud!!!!!!

*pant**pant* Well, other than that I think that it was an awesome bookseries, ecspesially the 10th book, because of the dragons!!!!

12. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

OMG i thought i was obsessed. ive read the the series about 4 times now, i draw it whenever i can in class (if im not making paper shuriken). ive made cloaks and i drink almost any available blood with looking to obvious, mostly my blood when cut myself or had an injury (i know, it's creepy) there was this one time my friend was bleeding all down his leg and i wanted to help him but i couldn't stop staring at the blood, i didn't know what came over me. OMG have i started rambling or what, oh btw at one point two of my friends thought i really was a vampire, i wouldn't blame them, cause i actually brought a small bottle of blood to his place (my own blood from when i stacked my skateboard, but he didn't know that) then drank it with dinner (we were in his room and his parents didn't see). ok now im beginning to think im weirder than i thought i was before.

so is ur sister as weird as i am or does she have her weird limit set to about medium?

OMG did i ramble this morning or what.

13. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think she has limits. Her deviantart name is vanchasbabygirl

14. SplitOverload Chaser

greatest series ever. always been my favorite. thats it.

15. Juicy Chaser

hee hee coz this is like the third time ive read them lol

16. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

ok wait, if she thinks shes vancha's daughter that mean vancha..........um............"mated" with evanna................ O.O ok i'm offically grossed out.

17. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

DD8
    Holy crap. Are you cereal?? Wow, and here I was thinking that I'd gotten obsessed with the series. O_O
    Never mind . . . D8

Still no news of when it might be made into a movie?? O.o'

18. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

I heard it would be made into a movie sometime this fall or next fall.
    Check on the site.

19. kh_namine_kh Traverse Town Homebody

My favorte charecter has to be kurda.

20. pielover316 Merlin's Housekeeper

Well seems the first film adaption has been released, and it starts of from the perspective of The Vampire Assisstant(the second of the books) and has little to no accuracy to the story whatsoever. Im disappointed in what theyve done with it as i was thinking that maybe a good film version of the book could somewhat pull me out of my growing hate for vampire films and tv series, with all this stuff like twilight and vampire diaries. Truth be said this movie has only made things worse, with inaccurancy to all characters as well as a rather irritating script, I simply just find this attempt at recreating the books sad. I wasnt able to pull myself to watch the entire movie, so if it does come back on track well then my bad, but from the first 20-30 mins or so that i was able to put up with is what i judged on.