Film The Purge Election Year

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Blaine, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

I just got back from watching the new Purge movie. I gotta say each year I think the next movie will be stupid and every time I'm wrong. I think election year was actually better than the first two movies. I'm not sure if anyone is planning on seeing it but I wanted to give my review on it.

The Good:
    - Goat main character ( killer hair style )
    - Great plot which drove the story
    - Lots of great action
    - The small things like scenery were spectacular

The Bad:
    - Nothing

I'm usually a tough critic but I loved the movie and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

10/10 movie for me.

2. Shuhbooty moon child

Once my town actually hosts the film (they play one film for like a month) I'm gunna go down and see it. Everyone that saw it said it was really good. I wasn't too big a fan of the second movie- but I loved the first one. Looking forward to it, makes me more excited. >:]

3. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

I agree I wasn't that much of a fan on the 2nd one. But I like election year the most out of all the movies.I think it's cool your town hosts movie nights.

4. Shuhbooty moon child

Oh most def, like the idea was cool and I was happy the explored more of how the towns look in chaos but at the same time, like the movie WAS chaotic. "Oh this guy killed my son while drunk i gotta off him" is so LAME. Maybe more of the "oh he killed someone i loved on a purge day gtta go off him" sounds better to me. So when I saw the trailer for Election Year I KNEW it wouldn't disappoint. Because they finally thought of something ya know, creative.

Yeah we're a tourist town, so we have more local owned businesses then mainstream ones. But the community comes together and I love that part.