The planned Assassination of Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cin, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

O god...This is seriously frightening on a difference scale.

I'm not exactly for Obama (not McCain either =/) but killing him is definately a different factor.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

question: does anyone think that another group will try to attack Obama?

3. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

I agree with you, 100%. Barack Obama is a human being, just like the rest of us. So what if his skin is a different color than others? He has done absolutely nothing to deserve being assassinated. If these Neo-Nazis keep acting the way they do... I don't want to think about the consequences.

4. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

Its really stupid, in this day and age we shouldn't still be complaining about people's race or heritage. But I can be realistic. I don't think these hate crimes are going to end anytime soon.

5. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

Actually, Cin has made it very clear in the past Aethism is clearly the more advanced religion. Sometimes I lose track of when he's debating me simply because I'm Catholic, or when he's debating my points just to make me look like an ass. In the Donkey term, of course.

EDIT: I can see mere moments later, Cin is probably reading this. This oughta be good. Whatever he'll say, you know I'm already wrong about more than just religion.

Without a shadow of a doubt. More than just the dying Neo-Nazis believe in White Supremancy. But everytime I try to warn everybody "Just watch out for Obama", and my personal hope is that he doesn't get elected so he won't be a target of stupidity, which is different than "Don't vote for him", I am the moron.

I believe someone mentioned I make too many jokes? Hmph. "Dead and Long gone" is not a joke. It is a term. Eventually, people die. It has been spiritually, scientifically, and fundementally proven to be this way. I term things in different ways than those who pretend they are always right. I admit to having learned quite bit from these debates, but learning is a rare commidity apparently. Anyone ever think I defend my religion everywhere because Aethists pretty much rule the debate section?

6. Repliku Chaser

As for Obama being in danger, sadly we still have some idiot white supremacists out there and neo-nazis. If Obama is elected, which I hope he is because John McCain's policies and beliefs have the support of the ultimate right wingers and nuts that shout 'kill him' and 'terrorist' and are the worst bigots out there, the secret service will be working overtime.

People are so worried Obama can't take the heat under pressure and yet throughout the debate he has been in control while McCain gives way to pressure all the time. He -knows- the danger. Be assured. Martin Luther King knew the dangers of speaking out for peace and change. Other figures in history, whether black or white, gay or straight, male or female, have known the risks of standing up to do something when others are bigots that pre-judge you. The point of strength though is that this country -has- matured a lot from racism. Having Obama as a candidate who is black, amongst also being white, is a statement in itself that we are moving beyond race. Having Hillary as a strong candidate also was a show that sexism is also changing more. I'm not voting for Obama because he's black and many people aren't, including blacks, though the media says otherwise at times. We -are- a changing country and this is what we need to keep doing. Obama knows the risks and we should too, but it doesn't mean we should not vote for him if we like his policies more than John McCain's. We have to take a chance now and then that the right choice will prevail.

We should be 'worried' and mindful that there are idiots out there that we wish would just fade away but they are also extremists and they will not go so quietly into the night. Extremists try to convert others to their methods and beliefs. They entirely won't be talked down from their stances because they are filled with fear that turns to hate and who sees 'logically' when they are hating on something or someone? No one. We say and do the dumbest things in that state of being.

I do worry for Obama but I think the secret service has done a remarkable job in the past and will do so now. If he does die, it will be a tragedy but it will also change things yet again by force and guaranteed any idiot extremists will get what's coming to them. If he does not die, then good and those of us who don't care about some extra melanin in the skin will be vindicated in our choice. We should vote for the person we think will do a better job and not fly the 'race card' the other way too, which means that because he's black and he could die, we won't vote for him. I think that's exactly the wrong angle to take and the U.S. has to face its woes and the man is perfectly willing to himself. To do something out of fear is not always the rational the choice. It's a 'survival' choice which can make us continue to be held down and we too then are making an 'extreme' decision. So though I have my worries there are those out there that hate him and fear him simply because he's got a different skin tone, it won't stop me election day from doing what I feel is right.

The sad point comes down to I would be more worried that McCain, who has been hot headed, made Palin a VP choice and she's just an awful woman, and gets frustrated during a campaign run will do something lame. He and mainly Palin, have also stirred up crowds to say wretched things and Palin even smiles as people shout 'kill him'. Their candidacy draws out these low lives that the rest of us just keep hoping will die out of old age because they are a relic of history that we'd rather move on from. Also, any president truly has a bulls eye on them. We've had white presidents die too or be shot. We don't always hear about the threats presidents have to their daily lives but they do happen, which is why we have a kick ass secret service. Extremists should not be rewarded, whether religious, prejudiced against gender or race etc. Not voting for Obama simply because people are scared he will be killed is giving extremists a reward that they rule us by our own fears. So I hope that those who can vote, whether for McCain or Obama, do so not out of this worry. Do it because you support the platforms and things they want to do as president. The future is unknown and if bad things happen, we know the reality of the situation that there are horrid people out there, so it's something to be mindful of; not let these people dominate us and keep us locked in the past.

7. The Fuk? Dead

lol. Then I switch my vote from Mccain to Obama! lol

8. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

I can't believe people will go that far just to get McCain to be president... idiots. Also why is it all rascist, why does it have to be rascist. All it does in land you in jail really. What cruel horrible people.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

This is why I don't like the election this year. If you're against Obama, you're racist; if you're against Hilary, you're sexist; and if you're against McCain, you're against soldiers.

People seriously need to put aside the differences between race and sex and just see the canidates as "equals" as far as appearance goes.

Also, Deadly, it's not necessarily McCain supporters that want to assassinate Obama. There are people in America still that believe in white supremacy, such as Skinheads and the KKK; they don't even have to be part of a political party. Hell, they could even hate McCain's guts and they'd still try to assassinate Obama.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

yea, thank god this will all be over in less than a week, these dumb political ads were really getting on my nerves, every other commercial was a political ad, i miss my ads about food.

11. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

JFK's brother was assassinated before reaching office. These things aren't common but it has happened before.

12. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Has noone ever seen 24 season 1? O___O
    There was a black senator that Jack Bauer (as a Counter Terrorist agent)
    had to save from being assassinated. He was only being targeted because he was black, and Jack saved him, then the guy became prez and ppl killed him in season 3 >. >
    But that's not the point. He was the best prez they ever had xD

I didn't support Obama... but... we never know how good a prez is until they're in office... and there's no reason to assassinate the senators this early in the game >. >
    it's kinda stupid >. >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.