The Muppets (2011)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Luna Lovegood, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

[video=youtube;kVkla1N9tpQ]kVkla1N9tpQ[/video]​

Lawdy, you guys, please tell me you've seen this. I've been watching the Muppets since before I can remember. I've been waiting for this movies since it was first announced. And it did not disappoint. The Jim Henson Company and the Muppets have transitioned so well into the 21st century, with their multimedia sketches and videos. It was only a matter of time before this happened.

Also, Bret McKenzie of Flight of the Conchords wrote the new songs for this movie, and as a result the soundtrack is fantastic.

2. Always Dance Chaser

I never watched The Muppets as a kid and I loved the crap out of this movie. Easily the funniest thing I've seen in theaters all year.

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I've always adored the Muppets from a young age, they just had that certain charm to them and I could never shake them off, heck, I watch the Muppet's Christmas Carol every year :P
    But alas, I have not seen this movie yet, though I plan to whenever I get the chance.

4. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

I am dying to see this when it's released next February. I've always loved the Muppets, especially the Muppets Christmas Carol (Michael Caine as Scrooge is genius.). The wait is killing me.

Hugo was a really good film as well. Christmas is getting all the good films. I can't wait for this.

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

^This, this, sooo much this.

I wasn't born in the Muppet era, but I was able to enjoy this movie and laugh the whole way through. They just have a charm that's timeless and appeals to all ages. Also, I thought I caught a few dirty jokes within the film; something only the parents would get.

6. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I remember seeing an interview with Jason Segal where he said that he realized that there was a generation growing up that hadn't had a Muppet movie, and that seemed so inherently wrong. And I agree. My dad is a huge Muppet fan, so I inherited the Muppet gene, and while I was growing up I watched all the movies and the Muppet Show episodes that were before my time. And then Muppets from Space came out when I was about 6. But that's really the last major Muppet production. This movie just seemed needed. :'3

The "Man or a Muppet" scene made my life. And "Me Party" is pretty much my theme song. :lolface: