The most difficult book to read...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Laurence_Fox, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Emo Pengwin Hollow Bastion Committee

"To Kill a Mockingbird"

In 6th grade, I thought it'd be a good book, but it just...wowed me...I can read it now, but...​

2. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

DragonRiders of Pern.

I couldn't focus too well when I was reading it.

Ugh, To Kill a Mockingbird is the first one on my Worst Books list. DX

3. ThosAbout2rock Destiny Islands Resident

hahah yeah to kill a mockingbird definately
    and Tale of Two Cities, that book is garbage.
    I would read a chapter and then i would have no idea about ANYTHING I just read.

And i would have to write an essay on it.
    Killed my english grade freshmen year.

4. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Um one that I have to read over the summer for english. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil It just takes way too long to get into and the first 250(large print copy, thats the only one they had) pages are just introducing characters....War and Peace was a choice but then I decided against it...

5. FrostFire15 Merlin's Housekeeper

Eh, "Uncle Tom's Cabin" was a really boring. But then again, I was in 5th grade :D

Same with "The Hounds of Baskerville".

6. Nailpolish <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Most definitly THE HATCHET. Gosh, I had to read it with 4 guys. It was so annoying. Like each of us read one page at a time for school language. And 2 of the guys read-liiiiiiiiike-thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. and uh-like-uh-this-uh. xD

7. Arcantress King's Apprentice

Uhhhh......

Books+hard to read= *confused*

The only books I have trouble reading are my school text books cuz i want to fall asleep, lol

8. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    Not recently, but when I was a whole lot younger I told myself I'd read Gone With The Wind. I hardly made a dent in it before dropping it completely xP

But these days I can usually read most anything without a problem, though I did find Beowulf to be quite the struggle.

9. pyrogamer Merlin's Housekeeper

Into the Wild It was sooo boring! It was about the author going around finding information about a guy who was from a rich family and decided to go into Alaska in the middle of winter without the neccecities and ended up dying in a deserted bus. I just thought the guy was stupid and then somewhere in the middle of the book, the author starts talking about people who did some of the same things and died. The only reason I even picked it up was because it was for school.

10. blue_neon Traverse Town Homebody

~Rowan of rin~

not that it's hard but there is too much weird names, so it confuses me and i can't get anything about the book in my head

11. Misty gimme kiss

The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Even though I skipped through two or three chapters (which just so happened to be the most important ones), I finished it, but my god... The Two Towers sucked so badly. I got up to Chapter 13 (lol +44) and gave up. D:

12. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

I was about to say that and it is really...

My brother owns a book of all 3 and it's so long.

The book is like so thick, and the font size is small and it takes about a month or two just to finish, depending on how fast you read though

13. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I really need to read that book. I began reading it at the age of six or seven (and, amazingly, understood what was going on) and was beginning to enjoy it. Then my teacher told me to stop reading it because I was too little. That really, really discouraged me, and I still hold a grudge. Dang teacher. I think I'll read it at some point this year.

14. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

for me, it's a book called reading lolita in tehran. it's a very boring book. it felt like hours just reading one page. it was a class assignment, but we only had to read half way through (no one even wen't passed 100 and it's like 300 something).

15. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

In my opinion To Kill a Mockingbird and The Silmarillion. I just didn't like Mockingbird and The Silmarillion is just very hard to read with the names and such.

16. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    As weird as this sounds, I could not get through A Christmas Carol.

Maybe it was becuase I knew the story already, but the style was just challenging and I found no pleasure of benefit in reading it.

17. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Most Shakespear ones.

The Lexicon.

18. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Susikoira Roi ja seikkailu saaristossa.... In English it's something like Policedog Roi and the adventure at the islands.

It was so boring! We had to read it for class assignment..... And it took 49 minutes read... 156 pages of pure boredom...

19. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

The Silmarillion had me confused from the first page, admittedly

I've never got the problem with Shakespeare. It's pretty simple to understand.

And there's a Doctor Who story I just can't read, it bores me to death! I was a quater of the way in and nothing had happened! So I gave up on it...

20. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

I had to read 1984 by George Orwell in the beginning of second quarter this year and it was really, really hard for me to finish. The part where it's the book about the resistance just near put me to sleep everytime i tried to read it.