The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Oh, I can separate GOOD hype from bad products (and vice versa), but if people egg me on to watch something because every one else is really just makes me... not want to.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

I know the feel with that COUGH SWORD ART ONLINE COUGH

3. 61 No. B

I loved it.
    It had me laughing out loud almost constantly. There were many times I had to pause the movie just so I could finish laughing at the subtle nuances in Cera's acting and what was on screen. For example, in the scene when Scott's "suiting up" the way he runs out the door had me cracking up and the whole apartment layout thing. And the vegan police. Knowing some vegans irl made that even more hilarious. The humor in this movie is amazing and the action is glorious. And the universe in this movie is so wacky I can't not love it. Like, the fact that everyone has awesome kung fu action ninja skills is crazy and awesome. I really can't describe it because it's just too much awesome. It made me want to try the comic so I'm going to do that at some point.

Before I watched it I was like wtf is Scott Pilgrim anyway, and after watching it I still don't know. But it's effin amazing and I love it and it's great.

off topic:
    you know that groggy feeling? Like you wake up from an unintentional nap and you just kinda sit around sipping on some water trying to regain complete consciousness but you know that's not going to happen so you want to play some games but you don't have the energy so youre just kinda sitting there going uuuuuuuuuuuuggggggghh.

that's what i am atm
    ..if anyone wants to know

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I thought the Scott Pilgrim film was awful.

The comic was brilliant. Probably top ten on my list of favorite American comics. I can't accurately describe how I feel about it because I keep on thinking back to how I heard it described once and how perfect that was and how not perfect my description feels in comparison. The least eloquent way of putting it was it was a story about a guy who was so emotionally immature that he locked himself in his own little dream world where he is totally blameless. The story is about how you can't be in that place when you're a grown up. But at the same time the whole thing is a surreal ballad of young love. The fighting felt like just another part of that surreal dream world vibe that really made Scott Pilgrim feel different from a lot of other romantic comedy based series. You can even tell by how vague most of the fight scenes are after the first volume and how unimportant the really are in the grander scheme of things. It's hard to explain it, I really just like it for everything it was. When I first saw the movie and there were basically no similarities when it came to the characterization and message, I just got mad. I saw the movie again later and just felt underwhelmed. It wasn't funny or charming and it felt like a poorly conceived cash in.

I know I'm in the minority here because there's only one person I've ever talked to that really shared my view on this. I can't understand why though. Anyone who has read the comics should by default think the movie was pretty much a desecration of the original material. But then again, I feel that way about a lot of things and people keep the movie machine ticking along like it's nothing.

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I woke up the same way not too long ago... grabbed my laptop to try to wake up and peeps had to deal with me not being a functioning person. Thanks ya'll.
    We're on the same team here, but I just wanted to say that was a beautiful description all its own.

Still glad you enjoyed Below, but even on its own merits and ignoring the comic I'm just not a fan. But ya know what, someone has to like it.[DOUBLEPOST=1388822426][/DOUBLEPOST]
    YEAH PRETTY MUCH. FIRST TWO EPISODES "OH THIS IS AMAZING" REST OF SHOW "WELL OH IT'S TERRIBLE"

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

You might enjoy Log Horizon simply because it actually goes in depth with game mechanics. We were able to get Nova to take a look as well.

Bravely Default is immensely fun and nostalgic and I literally cannot wait for this game's release please lord.

7. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Well I don't know about you guys but I thoroughly enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim movie.
    Haven't read the comics though so, that might be why.

8. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET NOVA TO WATCH THINGS. IMPOSSIBLE. alsoisitdubbed

Okay, okay I'll download the demo :X[DOUBLEPOST=1388825103][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Trust me Jad, you're in the majority XD

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  9. Hayabusa Venomous

Honestly that seems to be how it is. I've not read the comics and enjoyed the film...but like, how different is it between the two? The only thing I know of for sure is that the film only hints at the relationship between Scott and Kim.

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

It.... It's a whole different beast. Basically the same skeleton on the surface, but different outer features. That and the comic has layers upon layers of more detail

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Real talk the casting in Scott Pilgrim was perfect except for Michael Cera and M. E. Winstead who were terrible

The film helped me find the comic, so I'm glad it exists, but... yeah only one of them spoke to me on a deeply personal level :v Hint: It wasn't Michael fucking Cera

/RESUMES AFK

12. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. jafar custom title

HOW THE HELL DID THIS GET NEARLY 200 POSTS SO FAST

14. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Alright, I'm convinced. As soon as I get a chance, I'll try it.
    A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES[DOUBLEPOST=1388847915][/DOUBLEPOST]Scott Pilgrim discussion? Let's go.

I've yet to read the comics, but after having seen the film and played the game I love the whole universe in which it takes place (see: Kung Fu Canada). I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I can remember enjoying it. Sure Michael Cera had his dumb moments, but overall it was good casting -- I can't imagine anyone else as Wallace. I'll have to watch it again to give my complete opinion.

15. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Oh hey cute girl. S'ALL GOOD NOVA. HAVE A GOOD TWO DAYS[DOUBLEPOST=1388852710][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Because saving the SpamZone is my job.

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Just got my Day of the Doctor blu-ray in the mail.
    The side of the case has the little logo for all the 50th stuff.
    And I'm in the middle of re-watching New Earth.

I'm so happy right now.

17. Trigger hewwo uwu

I enjoyed the SP movie because I hadn't read the source material before watching it, but it did get me to read it after and I kinda feel like that was the point of the movie. To make a really barebones, condensed version of the comic to get it popular and sell it to people. I think it succeeded in that. Still, that doesn't excuse anything.

18. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I have gotten close to meeting Bryan Lee O'Malley so many times in my life because he wanders around here often. My friend came face to face with him in the cafeteria of Toronto's largest library and had a small freak out.

19. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Log Horizon is good if you don't mind people sitting around talking about complicated things a lot. I honestly think it's one of the more charming series of this year and the MMO style combat carries through even though I've never played one. I can't really point out a specific weakness other than the fact that a lot of detail and time goes into world building and some people won't like that.

Personally, I watched ten episodes of it yesterday because I broke and couldn't patience it out until the end of the season since it was too good to not follow through on.

Also, the theme song, about as good as Sirius, WOW WOW.

20. Laurence_Fox Chaser

TRON EVOLUTION IS ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING GAMES EVER.

And yet I keep playing it for some reason.

I haven't not had much interaction with Scott Pilgrim so I can't comment.

It's ****ing cold here and only going to get colder. I have to leave my warm house Monday for work.
    Here's a visual:

[​IMG]

( Quick Celsius numbers because I'm nice:

Daytime High: -15 (Feels like: -26 )
    Nighttime Low: -30 (Feels like: -43) )