The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge -- ask anyone who knows me; puzzle and rhythm games are my shit -- but if it's ridiculously difficult, I may screw myself over.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

@Cat~ , Brotherhood is 64 episodes, Funimation is just all "Ur not getting season 5 trololol", so the last 12 are hard to come by. The original is 51 episodes.

But yes, the Original FMA and Conqueror of Shamballa are pretty gr8. Worth watching, even if the original has a lot of dull episodes, namely at the start until like, episode 13. They keep all the important stuff but say **** it to the lore of the Homunculi, and I honestly prefer the original's take on how they're made.

Just my two cents.

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I see both the original FMA and Brotherhood as great stand alones from the manga. I'd recommend either one~

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well that's bull. Regardless, I'll watch them subbed if I have to. I've gotten through 40 episodes already, so what's another 24?

I happen to enjoy the lore of the Homunculi, so it sucks that they don't go over it. Still, at least I won't have to sit through the backstory twice...

5. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

I ask these questions all the time.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

It's drastically different, and I honestly prefer the '03 version of the backstory a bit more.

But Brotherhood is just less of a cluttered mess. Only bad part is that they don't go over the Elric brothers' backstory as in depth as the '03 anime does (it had a whole episode dedicated to their past).

In a sense, they have both good and bad.

Also do yourself a favor and don't watch Fullmetal Alchemist and the Sacred Star of Milos because it's a horrible movie.

7. Always Dance Chaser

I think you can watch up to like...episode 16 of the '03 version, then jump to Brotherhood episode 3 or so for a seamless transition .

8. Antidote Façade

So like, after Brotherhood I should watch the 03 version for a better backstory of the Homunculi and the two brothers or whatever? Is that the only differences besides filler? I say that like I even know what I'm talking about [I don't]

Meh, I'll get to it when I finish re-watching Code Geass for the millionth time. <3

9. 61 No. B

what'd i miss
    FMA? I watched the first episode in 2009 but didn't continue because I didn't feel like watching that much. If I ever were to watch it I would probably watch the newer version simply because it's shorter and prettier. I did read the first 50ish chapters or so of the manga a long time ago though.

Can this also be a talk about your day thread console Below when he's having a ****** day thread? Digi, (can I call you Digi, or do yo prefer something else? DigitalAtlas is kinda long and unseemly to type informally.) OH WAIT I GOT IT IM GONNA CALL YOU ATTI AS IN ADDI BUT WITH A T BECAUSE OF ATLAS. -- Atti, did you have that in mind when you made this? Because that's partially what I envisioned. But I don't want this to turn into nothing but touchy-feely bs. Your call.

Unless someone with actual authority wants to make the call for you.

10. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Spamzone dude, talk about your ****** day if you want.

11. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

damn this is already on page 7? gj​

12. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Basically put on FMA '03 when you wanna be sad and vulnerable and confront your hubris and stuff

Put on Brotherhood when you wanna shout RUSH THAT MOTHERFUCKER at the TV over and over and over

ALSO I THOUGHT OF ANOTHER GOOD USE FOR THIS THREAD WHICH I'M GONNA USE RIGHT NOW: I'M GONNA BE "GONE" OVER THE WEEKEND. GOIN' TO THE GRANDFOLKS' TO HELP THEM TAKE DOWN DECORATIONS. MAY OR MAY NOT BE ONLINE. :v I expect 20+ pages when I get back

13. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.

...No.

14. Noise For Love and Justice

FMA was awful...I couldn't get into it at all.

Brotherhood... I ATE THAT SHIT FOR BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER.

SOO GOOD.

15. Hiro ✩ Guardian

But then everything is the wrong color and Scar is suddenly older.

The 2003 version is a totally different story than Brotherhood and the manga. The only big selling points of '03 for me were the way Homunculi are created in the '03 one (it's completely different) and the fact that Episode 3 is dedicated to the backstory. I usually watch Episode 3 of the 2003 Anime, then jump into Brotherhood.[DOUBLEPOST=1388783497][/DOUBLEPOST]
    FMA wasn't that bad. Just had a lot of really bad episodes.

Brotherhood... I cannot find anything wrong with it.

16. Noise For Love and Justice

True...and I am sure that if I were to get past like...the 13th or 14th episode it would be good. But brotherhood was the correct manga adaptation. I don't think I can watch go back and watch knowing that FMA was not how the author wanted to the true story to go.

My opinion.

17. Llave Superless Moderator

Oh god your orange and blue fonts oh god oh god oh god oh god y

18. 61 No. B

Just watched Scott Pilgrim for the first time.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh. my. god.

19. Always Dance Chaser

I know you missed me :3

20. Hayabusa Venomous

Guys I started Attack on Titan finally (my brother started playing it on the Crunchyroll PS3 app BUT WHATEVER)

It's pretty good actually. I just find the really bold outlines around characters a bit odd, but I don't mind it enough to complain.