The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

WELCOME BACK! Can't really weigh in on Pokemon, but click this: https://discord.gg/bvCmCrT

Join our discord server.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Help me spend my Nintendo eShop cash pls

I have: $6.92

I'm considering:

• 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $2.99
    • Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale - $2.99
    • Kirby Fighters Deluxe - $3.49
    • Kirby Star Stackers - $1.49
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - $3.59

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  3. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I hear AotFM is REALLY short but also really good.

My vote IMMEDIATELY goes to Link's Awakening.

4. Patman Bof

The only one I' ve played is Link' s Awakening, and it remains my favorite Zelda to this day.
    Not sure about the 3D one, but the original Sonic 2 was pretty solid.
    I' d still pick Link' s Awakening in a heartbeat though.

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

3D Sonic 2 is the same but with better GRAFFIX. It's like 3D Classics Kid Icarus or Excitebike.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

If you're seeing it everywhere I post I'm sorry but I don't care. this is important to my sanity:

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

[​IMG]

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

So who all has FF15?

9. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I do. I've been playing it very slowly, but I've also put in nearly 30 hours into the game.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

11. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Chapter 13 in like five days, and now I'm too scared to finish it. I don't want ten years of waiting to be over so quickly.

12. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

It's a lot of fun. It's an easy game to get lost in. I have some complaints with the story, more so the twists that appear later in the game. And you better be a fan of the half-baked Christian metaphors that Evangelion uses because OH BOY

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

14. Hayabusa Venomous

I've had it for almost a week and I'm not starting it until the 60FPS patch so who knows if I'll even play it this month.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Is FPS that big of a deal?

16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

The actual answer to this is no in most cases, but some people just like the smoother animations.

But you can also have super smooth animations in a 30fps game. See: Vanquish and the Ars Suit.

Basically, Vanquish is my go to example as for it not being important in every genre like people pretend but it's REALLY important for all fighting games or any game where you need to parry an enemy attack.

17. 61 No. B

i mean that all depends on the person
    it is to busa and some people, its not to me and other people. thats all.

18. Patman Bof

A few specific genres aside I don' t mind FPS that much when it comes to video games.

That being said, now that HDTVs have become the norm, I' d really like constructors to focus on improving their framerate instead of just adding pixels. That would imply filming movies at a higher framerate as well of course. I know there already are a few TVs out there creating and inserting frames through computing tricks, but the result isn' t nearly as impressive as what I witnessed at the Futuroscope 20 years ago. One of the 3D tech I saw there was just as jaw dropping, I' d love to try a tech that combines those features.

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I should clarify....

60fps is objectively better. Period. End of discussion. It is a few 100ths of a micro second more responsive and those are important. If the game is designed to compensate, it won't hurt the experience. If the game is not input heavy, it also will not hurt the experience. Most games that are 30fps ARE designed to compensate for this lesser response time such as Vanquish.

Vanquish is a game where the response time actually isn't going to help nor hinder you, thus "60fp Vanquish" would actually perhaps not be objectively better. You'd get smoother animations, but lose the theatrical qualities of those animations. Similarly, the increased response time wouldn't matter because all you do is [action] then [slow]. More response time wouldn't help Vanquish because it's designed around having the exact response time it has.

Vanquish is probably the best example of a 30fps game I can think of with true mechanical depth so that's why I use it as the golden example here. So 60fps is objectively, mathematically better until you get a game designed around being 30fps well enough where you get my full answer: "it doesn't matter all too much." HOWEVER, for Fighting Games and games like Metal Gear Rising you NEEEEEEED that 60fps or part of the core rules becomes unfair. Hell, even a game like pong kinda needs it. You ever have a moment where it's like "man it feels like I'm doing the right thing but sometimes it's just not happening and some times it's perfect and I can't tell the difference" in a game? A higher frame rate might eliminate that complaint entirely from your experience because it gives the game a chance to recognize what are honestly dropped inputs.

(zip-zoom)

20. 61 No. B

yeah but he didnt ask if it was better, he asked if it was a big deal which to some people it isnt