The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

that's sweet! yeah of course it's one of those things you just adjust to, i'm mostly thinking about that initial time after getting married (or engaged if you're wearing a ring), just getting used to that is a bizarre thing to me. maybe that's a little neurotic? i have trouble wearing jewelry in general so maybe this is just a me thing.

2. 61 No. B

i wear a hat every day i imagine its basically the same thing

boss lady out for the week so guess who aint doin shiiiiit

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  3. Ghost King's Apprentice

This goes with your avatar really well.

4. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I've heard tattoo-rings are not the best option for most people because after about two+ years the tattoo either fades or is distorted because the hands/fingers are very active throughout your day. Unless you were thinking about putting your tattoos elsewhere, I'd suggest getting rings. c;

Speaking of rings I've tried dropping hints to my man to get me one of the Spiritual Stone engagement rings from OOT... But I don't think he's gonna go for it t.t

5. 61 No. B

came home to an empty house and an excited/hungry cat and ate some leftover chinese and some oreos and wine. this is the moment when i realize what my life is going to be for the next 40 years. gotta say i kinda love it.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That sounds magical. I'm jealous.

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

Guess you're in for a surprise when you're 70.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Mom is starting chemotherapy in two weeks just to ensure that there aren't traces of cancer cells that still lying around; if there are, they'll be neutralized. She had stage three colon cancer due to the fact that two of the sixty lymph nodes that were removed for sampling contained cancer cells, those two being the closest to the mass that was completely obstructing her.

However, in general, everything went a lot better than the surgeon at Virginia Mason in Seattle expected. I mean, it had started to spread, I guess, but it wasn't at critical levels yet. The oncologist said she is going to be fine and there's really nothing to worry about. However, had the doctor here in Ellensburg been more on top of things, she wouldn't have gotten cancer in the first place.

In July 2014, she was scheduled for a colonoscopy just as a regular checkup; they found a polyp and got some tissue and sent it to radiology. The results came back as benign, so she scheduled another colonoscopy the following month to have the polyp removed. Well, the doctor wanted to have her to come in for a third colonoscopy (and you're only supposed to have them about once every ten years after a certain age) I think to make sure that he got it all or for another reason. Well, he didn't make it sound serious enough, so she just blew it off thinking he was just trying to get more money out of her and thought everything was fine. In addition, she hates the prep.

In April of this year, she started noticing cramping in her abdominal area that started getting worse, so she went in to the doctor. They found traces of blood in her stool, I think, and so her doctor scheduled her for a colonoscopy. They found a mass (or a polyp), and in about a year and a half, it had already gotten bigger than her previous polyp. Not only that, but the polyp she first had was called villous according to the doctor's notes and a resection was a possibility from way back then if the polyp had come back, even if it wasn't cancerous. It's the type of polyp that's benign the first time, but has a tendency to come back and just about always comes back cancerous.

Results came back, showing that her lymph nodes, liver, and lungs were all clear. However, other results that came back after showed cancer cells in the mass and she was this close to scheduling the surgery for resection here in Ellensburg, especially after the pathologist here, while he didn't recommend or suggest it, said she could wait as much as two months. She then decided to get a second opinion at Virginia Mason and set up what she thought was just going to be an appointment on May 16. She later called me while I was on the commuter and we just had gotten on the freeway, telling me that she had been admitted into the hospital. The doctor's assistant was pretty sure the doctor was going to admit her and told her that. Then the doctor said, "You've been through enough. Let us take care of you." Surgery was on May 20, and she was released on May 26. All the cancer cells were contained and removed, but, again, they just want to do the chemotherapy, especially because it was stage three, not stage two like she was told here in Ellensburg.

We're kind of peeved because the whole situation could have been avoided and she would have just had a normal resection and that would have been it. She's going to be talking to an attorney. The pain she was experiencing was due to the fact that the colon was pulling itself through itself like a sock--otherwise known as an Intussusception--because it thought the mass was stool and was trying to push it through, but couldn't. This is something that's very common in kids, but not adults. They then did a procedure to straighten out the colon or otherwise they would have had to remove more of it. My mom watched the procedure and saw just how much it moved back. She felt the mass move all the way from her left side and bump against her rib cage on the right side.

As for the surgery itself, the location of the mass was the transverse colon on her right--I guess the transverse colon in general is a more common breeding ground for cancer to form because it's where stool really takes its shape--so they removed her cecum, ascending colon, and part of her transverse colon, including margins of healthy colon for safety, which comes to about one half. It seems like a lot, but the left side of colons are longer because of the sigmoid colon. I don't know if that means that they rearranged the colon so its shape is generally the same as before the resection and if that also means that her transverse colon--the part that she still has--is now her ascending colon, her descending colon is now her transverse colon, her sigmoid colon is now her descending colon, and nothing is her sigmoid colon. I'm not exactly sure how it all works. I just know that her cecum, ascending colon, and part of her transverse colon were removed.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  9. 61 No. B

g reco is anime punk rock in the most unusual ways. instead of angry and aggressive and progressive to prove a point about whats wrong with the present, its relaxed and colorful and nostalgic to prove a point about whats wrong with the present. and tomino is lydon in the most unfortunate ways. an ******* who seems to hate eveyone and everything about current everything and takes pleasure in ****ing with people and doesnt care if people hate him in return. and i love everything about that.

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I SPENT LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING BLAZING THROUGH THE NEW VOLTRON SHOW AND

[​IMG]

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

I watched it right when it came out and it only took me six hours, I think. Been waiting for season 2 since season 1 came out lol.

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

IT IS SO GOOD. That is quality animation tbh. Dreamworks and Netflix did what Nicktoons couldn't with Voltron Force and that was pay homage to the original series while introducing fresh ideas.

14. Hayabusa Venomous

My room is at least 40 Fahrenheit colder than the outside weather.

I like it except for my hands going numb.

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

2aa43cbb-7b1e-4be2-b097-1a66ffe0f5b3.png

Quality entertainment right here

16. 61 No. B

Untitled.png 
    new monitor is nice as heck. 13 inch laptop to 21 inch monitor is quite the change. my eyes. now to try and put the pc together. hope i dont **** up spectacularly.

17. Misty gimme kiss

if you have any questions feel free to him

I went from 20" to 23" when I built my PC and it was woah

18. Hayabusa Venomous

I think my monitor's 23"? I can't remember.

19. 61 No. B

[​IMG]
    putting the cpu in

wtf am i doing

edit: i feel like my life can be accurately conveyed through a series of nichijou gifs

[DOUBLEPOST=1466639753][/DOUBLEPOST]
    um yes how to build a pc?

the instructions amount to:
    step 1. ?
    step 2. do the thing

i think i got it but oh jeez is it frightening.

20. Hayabusa Venomous

Ok if you give me/her/us pictures, I'm sure we can step-by-step it for you.

Generally the motherboard's CPU socket has a little metal arm doo-hicky that you gotta move and lift-up so you can seat the CPU just right without bending any pins don't bend the pins you idio-and it'll just kind slide in. Then you put the little metal arm doo-hicky down to secure the CPU otherwise it'll be loose like a cynical math teacher without his/her evening liquor.