The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I'm getting that khv time machine vibe.

2. 61 No. B

so has anyone here seen tf armada? presentation and localization aside, because yeah that's pretty bad, id like to hear someone's opinion on it. because when i was a kid i was deeply invested emotionally. like for real. such moments as the wheeljack stuff, the hotshot and sideswipe stuff, smokescreen's death, optimus' death, and dear god the starscream stuff. it felt like a serious drama. and then there were awesome moments where i remember thinking it was cool how it built up to it and i could feel the tension. like tidal wave episodes and the episodes where they all changed colors. i loved the progression from how this minicon war started as this little thing in the desert and just kept sucking more and more people in and getting bigger and bigger until eventually we're out in space on a ship in front of unicron. i want to watch it again bc everything i remember about it is awesome. but ive never heard anyone criticize it for anything other than the way it looks and the changes it brought.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I've seen it a long time ago. But my memory of it is pretty bad so I'm afraid I can't quite remember the details.

4. Hayabusa Venomous

I saw snippets of Armada when I was a lot younger, but I was never invested enough to give it a good watch. Can't judge it properly right now.

Also I just finished the Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo.

...is that REALLY the combat system they're going with? That was literally half an hour of me running around empty areas and, when the same two types of enemies popped up, I held down Circle and just won. Granted the Iron Giant at the end was a lot more interesting but even that was pretty damn dull.

5. 61 No. B

i say go back and give it a watch. what i remember is genuinely good and even the people who are down on it seem to say that the unicron stuff is good at least. about to rewatch it and i really hope it holds up. i'd advise tuning out tf fans on this one (not that tuning out fan opinion isn't always the best thing to do) bc yeah the animation is pretty garbage and so are the toys which upset a lot of people, and i realize when i watch this it's not going to be like some serious character drama, but for what it is (a kids show about robots transforming into cars with a pokemon gimmick) its a pretty quality cartoon.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

Is Armada the one where Sideswipe was a purple and yellow motorcycle? Because I had that toy and it kicked ass honestly.

I'm pretty sure that's the one where Starscream overpowered Megatron and had some stupid big sword and yeah I liked that stuff. Maybe when I'm less swamped by my big game and series backlog I'll go into it. I still need to finish Prime...

7. 61 No. B

oh **** i need to watch prime too. i saw a couple episodes on hub back in the day and loved it.

yeah thats the one.
    yep thats it. everything about starscream in that series is gold. it takes his pathetic and eager to be leader nature from g1 and alters it into pathetic and desperate to prove himself as a hardened decepticon. its so well written. without being too spoilery, he's a charcacter who has a clear want but is then presented with an opportunity for change, flirts with it, and learns that what he wanted isn't what he actually wanted. god what im about to say is way over-hyping this series, but his relationship with megatron is similar in certain areas to the Heisenberg/pinkman relationship in breaking bad. that is not at all me saying that transformers armada is as good as breaking bad. just saying the relationship functions in a similar way.

8. Patman Bof

That' s the one with young Noct, correct ? That' s not the one you want to play if you want to know what the combat feel like, it' s the other one.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

Too bad Square were like "LOL ONLY IF YOU BUY THIS OTHER GAME"

I'm seriously annoyed with how convoluted some demo availability has been lately. Resident Evil 7's being PS+ only, Ni-Oh's only being available for a limited time, etc.

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

*cries because no ps4*

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

*pats head* There, there. It'll be alright.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

What a gentleman you are, Burnitup.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

same

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

[​IMG]

15. 61 No. B

its ok ff is stupid youre not missing much
    if you want a better turn based rpg play persona
    if you want a better action game play kh
    if you want a game with better exploration play some game that has better exploration idk
    but if you want a good ff game play xii on ps2

16. Ghost King's Apprentice

But I love FF ;-;
    All I have is an Xbox one and a Wii so no more kh, but I already played them before. I used to use my sister's ps2 but she took it when she moved :c

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Sideways is the motorcycle, if we're talking about Armada.

18. 61 No. B

knew i prob got that wrong

o i see. isnt 3 going to be on xbox?

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

I remember being super into Armada back when it was first airing but I haven't seen it since then so idk how I'd feel about it now. I do remember really liking Starscream's arc in it, and the Unicron stuff was cool (and those new designs/upgrades they got were awesome).

it's probably at the very least better than trying to rewatch Code Lyoko again, that voice direction for the dub is honestly awful

20. 61 No. B

last stand of the wreckers is so so good.
    and so is at least the first trade (only thing ive read) of more than meets the eye.