The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I had the biggest brownie ever at O'Charley's today omg

2. 61 No. B

so in my watching through the Planet of the Apes movies, Conquest is so, so disappointing. It's exactly what Dawn could have been if done horribly wrong. It's a very heavy-handed commentary on slavery, though not so much commentary as simply paralleling. I should care about the inevitable giant action scene with the apes revolting against the humans in all-out war that the entire movie has been building to, but don't because the plight of the Apes and Caesar are all too simple (what's present of Caesar's character is very good and I like him very much but there's not as much actual substance as there should be for what this movie is doing.), a problem indicative of this entire movie. Also the humans are portrayed as comically evil. Like they're all wearing black and laugh maniacally while they torture the apes and they live in this sterile city. These movies were never exceptionally good or subtle with their commentary, but the problem here is that there's really only half of a premise. It's very much, "after three movies people want to see apes and humans fighting so that's all we'll give them." There's potential here, but it wasn't explored sufficiently and is just an excuse to see action. I wish I could say it's fun to watch regardless of these problems, but there's too much human stuff here that doesn't matter and I'm not invested in the ultimate conflict. tomorrow I'm probably gonna buy the dreaded Tim Burton movie, and then at some point need to get the tv series and animated series. and novel I guess. I also want to get a Dawn poster and frame it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I just learned you can play Donkey Kong in Fallout 4. Best game ever.

4. 61 No. B

hey kids, don't be that ******* who takes the express elevator from the lower lobby to the upper lobby
    (and then casually gets off the elevator while on your phone like you're just hanging out)

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

When I was in college, my first two years I lived on the second floor of the dorm.
    I still took the elevator most days. Usually only up, if no one else was waiting, but occasionally down. Most of it was laziness. The elevator was in the middle of the hall, I was two doors away from it, and the stairs were at each end. It was much quicker to take the elevator.
    ...but I know I was a dick for doing it lol

I think the only time I actually preferred the stairs is if I was in a huge hurry, then I would run to and down them.
    ...or if I was doing stuff I wasn't supposed to be doing on campus. Stairs are just...more criminal.

6. 61 No. B

that's not so bad, but the difference is that this elevator exists for the... express...purpose of getting people up 15 floors in like two seconds, and this person jumped on as the doors were closing to take this elevator to the upper part of the first floor. in the end we were only delayed about 10 seconds, but in the morning when you're trying to get somewhere it's very annoying.
    i usually prefer stairs because I don't like waiting for elevators -- in two years I never once took the elevator at school -- but lol im not gonna walk up 15 floors of stairs

7. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I know I did a few times when I was in college. The only place in the whole campus that had one besides the Health & Sciences building were the A building where i had my Gen Eds and my Psychology courses. But I made sure I wasn't the only person using it since we had handicapped people that used it. Otherwise, I just took the stairs. It was only two floors so it's not like it was very far.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

I just take the stairs when I'm at school.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Considering starting my town over in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
    I'm not...too attached to my current town and it's not that developed (a camping site, two bridges, and the reset center)
    BUT I don't know about losing all of my stuff.
    Some of this **** is pretty cool. UGH.

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I bought Civ: V, please send help immediately.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Guys Horizon looks so cool

I mean

High tech bow and arrows vs robot dinosaurs

That's sick

12. 61 No. B

ge999 is so nice
    the show knows that it has a ridic premise but treats itself seriously enough that it plays like it's more than a dumb kids show even though that's totally what it is

13. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

14. Hayabusa Venomous

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Whee!

Attached Files:

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Sony proved dreams really do come true

MAYBE THERE IS EVEN HOPE FOR TWEWY 2 TOMORROW. I AM PREPARED TO RIDE THIS TRAIN OF HEARTBREAK TILL I AM RUINED

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

They're... They're doing it? For real this time? It is the end times.

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

THE HYPE TRAIN IS BACK AND IT'S PRETTIER THAN EVER BEFORE
    also there's Unchained. i guess it can keep me busy until the times of prophecy are upon us...

19. 61 No. B

**** i know big kh3 stuff happened but i cant even bring myself to look at it bc im so tired from today
    but just hearing about it reminded me of that magical kh feeling. like i want to go back and play 1 and 2 to experience what made me love it again. kh has something all it's own

20. ShibuyaGato Transformation

this little chat with Nomura and Tai Yasue has been a nice little summary of the KH stuff they showed today with some pretty cute interview questions. when you're feeling up to it, you should totally watch it. it's a little under half an hour long and if you don't really care about Chi/Unchained at all, you can just skip straight to the KH3 stuff