The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

Be jelly? 96 sounds ****ing awful. Keep it.

Look I know I may sound choosy about my weather but I like my weather between 40-70 degrees. Especially now that I have a yard work job. If I maybe owned an air conditioning that didn't fry the circuits, I wouldn't mind 96.

Now if we still were having the snowpocalypse over here, I might have been jealous.

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Unless you want an objectively worse version of the Uchi and a gimmick build shield you have no reason to even bother going up that way though. Not that I hate that place, far from it, it's the place where I learned moonwalk canceling was possible, it's a cool place. But, objectively there is no reason go through the Depths route, like I mentioned before. There is only one gift better than the Master Key and there's two other ways to get it even if you pick that one gift or one of the worse ones. One of which literally being a cheap purchase from Domnhall of Zena pretty much in the middle of the preceding area. That aside, Bligttown's upper section is spectacularly designed. Because it makes perfect spatial sense. If you actually look at your surroundings and try to map it out in your head, seeing one end to the other does mean you shouldn't be getting lost. Add in the drop down shortcuts and even the more painful and slow way is still pretty decent. If you were complaining about how lost you had gotten, I'd actually understand. I didn't get lost here and I personally don't get it, but I got lost in the Depths like a scrub my first time through 3+ years ago and that place is dead easy. But you said it was a badly designed area which is just wrong. It's not even an opinion thing, you have an easy way that takes roughly 3 minutes. You've got the "right way" that is more of a challenge and does ask you to engage your mind far more. But the main thing is no matter how you start the game or play the game you're given the choice between the two things and the choice is more or less obvious to anyone who has examined their surroundings. So that's one really good thing, if that were all I'd still sorta see your point. However, like I said before the upper section is actually well designed. Spectacularly I'd say. Why? Because it's non-linear so you don't have the problem of just running down a hallway punching things. Because it's transparent so you can see ahead and behind and get a perfect understanding of where you can go and should go to get from one place to another. Because the enemies are perfectly placed in the area so anyone who's running through will die horribly thus encouraging you to actually slow down and do things the right way. Because it fits into the world in a logical way so you can understand that this is an ancient place serving as a buffer between unspeakable demons and humanity where the filth pools from the sewers creating this toxic cesspool where only the mad or completely dispossessed would dare live. Basically, you can dislike it all you want, it's a good area. Most of Dark Souls 1 is good areas. The whole tough but fair thing is real, you just need to be in the mood to actually learn rather than just bash your head into it.

Now, I'm not actually antagonizing you. This is just how I talk. I never once thought you'd be offended or intended to actually slight you in any way. It's just how it is. I'm never going to blanket accommodate a thinner skin or a more serious attitude, but if you, individually, don't wanna play I won't play.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Meanwhile we were having beautiful weather when that was happening. :D

4. Hayabusa Venomous

Just gonna say "ok" to this.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

That's just disingenuous.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

You are basically arguing that my opinion (key word: opinion) is wrong.

I agreed to disagree, because I still think Blighttown is terrible. I don't enjoy it in any aspect, and wouldn't mind never going back to it again. (I'm past it now and currently in the Painted World of Ariamas. Pretty neat place so far.)

Why would I bother continuing that discussion?

I'd think about posting more of my opinions of the game, but I'd rather not be told I'm wrong again.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Hi, free time! I'm back!

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Finding Blue Stahli's newest stuff and I love it. I love everything about it.

9. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

There's a pretty night and day difference between not liking something and not enjoying it and it being bad. I make this distinction because objectivity allows people to see things more clearly and have common ground even if they disagree.

Additionally, it really shouldn't bother you being told you're wrong. People are wrong all the time. I'm wrong, you're wrong, we're all wrong. That's why learning is a thing people do.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

The issue with what you're saying here is you began this all by saying anyone who doesn't understand Blighttown within 3 minutes is stupid.

Where's the whole "objectivity" thing there? You're saying that I was stupid?

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Maybe that's her opinion

12. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm done with this discussion.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

14. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I meant that you should be able to clear it in that amount of time. As in if you went the fastest way. As in, if you went the... smart way.

I'd be completely out of order to say you should understand such a deep area in such a small amount of time but you have played this game before and it's one of the first areas so I kinda assumed you had at least basically covered it before. I guess my point is, I was talking about a runthrough from bonfire to boss with a basic understanding of the game and you were talking about overall time investment for a play session or playthrough and that's not at all the same.

I still think you're getting a little bit over exercised, but I understand why at least. However, you still pretty much dodged my whole point.

15. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Cap you sneaky sneak.

16. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I can honestly say I was not prepared for what I saw when I opened KHV a moment ago . . .
    Didn't even know we were working on updating the forum.

17. 61 No. B

now when people rudely lean over my shoulder to see what i'm doing they wont ask "what's khv?"

looks nice

18. Misty gimme kiss

i've gotten very good at sneaking

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

WHY IS IT DIFFERENT.

20. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

HOLY FACES I LOVE NEW MOBILE, I CAN TOUCH THINGS