The Lounge: Official Spamzone Community Thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by DigitalAtlas, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

I registered like 4 games yesterday. Tryna get all the free stuff while I can.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

If anyone could spare some Club Nintendo Codes, I really want the second set of smash posters :P

3. Misty gimme kiss

what the flipping **** is club nintendo

4. 61 No. B

i sat through american idiot twice today. i love it. being a rock opera, it's so fun to analyze and study to try and understand what it's about. while some of it is open to interpretation and some is plain incomprehensible, there's a pretty solid (and depressing) coming of age story in there. i really wanted to keep with it and then write a paper about, but then i remembered that ****in musical. even if it's a separate piece and the album can stand alone, it would feel pointless trying to make sense of this story while pointing out personal interpretations and things that don't work when they're addressed in the musical. now im all bummed.

soon to be nothing

5. Misty gimme kiss

I think you should go for it if it's something you have a lot to say about. The beauty of music and books and art is that there's no 'true' interpretation -- even the artist's interpretation isn't the be-all-end-all. It's about what it means to the people and you should absolutely share that if it means a lot to you. You have unique perspectives and thoughts that are worth putting out there.

I've been meaning to give American Idiot a re-listen. I was into Green Day as a kid but had kind of lost interest in them when American Idiot came out. Jesus of Suburbia rocked my playlists for a while, though.

6. 61 No. B

well **** now i'm all motivated and junk. thank you misty.

I had a passing interest around the time idiot came out. I liked St. Jimmy and whatever I heard on the radio but that was it. For about a year now I've been listening to them more and coming to appreciate them as a band. I don't like their older stuff as much, though that's certainly because I was introduced to them through grandiose concept albums and not masturbation anthems. If you do give it another listen, I would encourage sitting with it while you're not doing anything and reading along because there was so much that I picked up on or interpreted differently than I would have passively listening to the album. Jesus is glorious song for many reasons which I want to write about. one of my favorites.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

You get free shit from registering your Nintendo games and consoles. I got a basically free 3DS game case, and I'm trying to get a Wii U game now. But the club is closing in June(?) and will be replaced with something else.

8. Misty gimme kiss

All in a day's work! Real talk, I used to just kind of keep quiet about all my thoughts about media because I was like "oh who really gives a ****." I've recently started blogging a bit and I'm finding it really rewarding.
    oh okay. I don't buy Nintendo things really so idk lol

9. 61 No. B

once upon a time i had aspirations to do a youtube thing and other stuff, but then life happened and school started and that was quickly forgotten. maybe someday. i like writing more than talking (which i pretty much cant do) so maybe i'll do something with that.

10. Misty gimme kiss

lmk when you do because I will for sure check it out

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That kind of stuff can be really relaxing, well it was for me anyway back when I did youtube. Pressure got to be too much though, if I were to re approach it I would probably just stick to vlogs and stuff but then again those tend to die even harder than video game related videos.

I should really get into blogging but then a part of me is always like "nah" then I forget about it .-.

You get used to the talking thing really quickly. My method I used when I made videos was to do a dry run (I'd record my voice regardless in case I struck gold) and that would give me ideas as to how i'd do that particular video in terms of what I would say.

But for real, if you want to do something like that I think you should do it. Just don't expect to become a star or make ridiculous amounts of money. Most people tend to go into that thinking that is how it works and then quit once they realize it takes actual work to get anywhere, and even then that isn't a guaranteed thing.

12. Misty gimme kiss

I used to make occasional vlogs about my life and enjoyed it. Honestly it'd be pretty fun to keep going, especially having done the podcast for a while now I think I'm better at talking like that -- as you're saying, it's definitely just a matter of doing it a lot and you get better. You get more comfortable and confident and develop a bit of a personality that you just sort of sink into when you begin. For vlogging, also, the nice thing is that you can just sort of sit down in front of a camera and talk. If you don't like how you said something, you can just keep going over it in different ways, with different tones, energy, etc., and then just edit it all together later. Obviously it's helpful to have a rough plan or script but you can use as many takes as you need. That's not the case with something like the podcast, where you're talking with others, and I try to avoid having to redub something later.

Blogging is good for me because I enjoy writing and some forms of media or analysis are just more conducive to it, I think. I'd actually be interested in trying to turn one of my posts into a video; I just wrote one about Life is Strange and recorded my playthrough so it'd be pretty easy. Maybe I'll play around with that.

Agree, though. If you're interested in doing something, just go for it. If you're discussing something you're passionate about, that's going to show through, and honestly it's a real confidence builder.

13. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

1422912088614.png IMG_20150205_084035.jpg 1422935599865.jpg monty quote.png
    I missed my chance for these pictures, so I'll post them now

14. 61 No. B

i meant speaking in general. im not good at conversational speech (maybe because i don't talk to people??). unless i plan and rehearse what i'm going to say it's a mess. i know for what you're talking about videos could be scripted, but this is what i originally meant.
    that's not on my mind. if i were to do something like that it would be to practice communicating my ideas and for the fun of it. right now i've got other life things to worry about so this isn't a big priority. but thanks for the words of encouragement.

speaking of, i really wish i didn't delete my tari tari notes now. i had so much.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

Obligatory "God damn it Kanye."

16. Amaury Legendary Hero

Obligatory "Hi, Haya."

17. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Why he keeps getting invited is beyond me. I mean this is the second time he's made a scene. But Shirley Manson's letter to him was a thing of beauty.

18. Hayabusa Venomous

A friend of mine said that it was just a joke performance, but this is Kayne we're talking about.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Been trying (and failing) to find an article on an incident involving some sort of monster back in, if I recall correctly, the early 1900s in Europe. Apparently this monster went around terrorizing a town, it was immune to bullets as I recall and can breath fire or something. Eventually a second one joined it and the two went into a near by mine, which entrance either collapsed randomly or the townsfolk sealed it, can't remember, and the monster was never seen again though some of the locals claim that they get an extremely eerie feeling when they approach that old mine.

Yeah, anyway, been trying to find that again as reference material for some work I want to do. If anyone could help me I'd be very grateful.
    Haven't seen the Neo one yet.

20. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

[​IMG]