The Looking Glass Wars

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Vex123, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

For those of you that know the series, it's apparently being made into a full length feature film by Automatic Pictures. Frank Beddor himself is writing the script, so the movie and the book will probably not be as different from the book as some other movies. It'll probably use a lot of money in special effects, if the movie's CGI or live-action, with all the high tech things in the books. I, for one, anticipate it.

Edit: From Automatic Pictures' Company Profile:
    What might seem to be missing from Automatic Pictures’ grand “LGW” scheme is a film, particularly in
    light of the success Beddor enjoyed as producer of the 1998 critical and box-office hit “There’s
    Something About Mary.” “I’m working on the scripts for ‘The Looking Glass Wars’ and ‘Hatter M,’
    simultaneously since they sync up and interconnect to create a macro story. We’re also working on the
    script for ‘Seeing Redd,’” Beddor reveals, adding: “The great thing is that the movies will be the cherry
    on top of this cake, not the cake itself. In order to protect the story and my Alyss, I need to establish all
    these other creative entities and make sure they are solid first. If you rush into the film, it’s very hard to
    do it well. I’ve seen it happen: A terrible movie comes out and essentially kills the underlying property.
    It’s critical that ‘The Looking Glass Wars’ be allowed to continue to develop organically, at its own pace.
    I’m thinking very long term.”
    Automatic Pictures will take its forward-looking approach to creative-property proliferation and
    marketing – emphasizing the organic relation between parts and the whole – to the development of the
    Monopoly movie, for which Beddor will also be creating a world. He has lent the methodology to a few
    of his fellow authors as well, who joke that he should share his expertise in an infomercial.
    “There is a real interest in taking what we’ve developed at Automatic and applying it to other creative
    endeavors,” Beddor affirms. “But you can’t take a cookie-cutter approach to it. Not every genre lends
    itself to this methodology. And with every tributary, it’s critical that the medium be appropriate for the
    storyline. And you have to be constantly asking yourself how you can tell a story over multiple platforms
    in a way that’s true to the original vision and feels authentic to the audience, who are increasingly
    sophisticated and don’t appreciate having something shoved down their throats. The approach has to be
    about the fans’ sense of discovery, about their taking ownership of the story. We’ve been very sensitive
    to fan response, and it’s guided everything we’ve done, from telling the story of Hatter M to the way
    we’re writing the films.”

2. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes. Just yes.

This sounds awesome. I absolutely love the books, can't wait for the third one to come out. I always like book movies because it's fun to see whether or not the movie matches what plays in my head when i read.

3. Vex123 Traverse Town Homebody

I know. Sometimes movies or pictures change what I think when I read. Like how when every time I'm reading what Redd says, and I take a look at the cover, I change what her voice sounds like in my head.

I really hope the movie is good, because automatic pictures doen't seem like a company with a really big budget, but now that i think about it, over-flamboyant effects are a little annoying.

4. AutomaticPictures Moogle Assistant

Many thanks for your enthusiastic leap into the Pool of Tears assisting Princess Alyss and Royal Bodyguard Hatter Madigan with their harrowing adventures into pop culture.

We would like to share with you new revelations from Wonderland as they come into the Looking Glass Wars Library and Hatter M Institute. If you’re interested in receiving this confidential material, before it becomes public, please supply a secure email address.

The LGW Librarian
    info@lookingglasswars.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.