The Lion Guard (Lion King Spin-off series)

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Krowley, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Krowley Moderator

So amidst all the E3 madness, Disney announced an upcoming television show that follows Lion King II with Simba's second born son; Kion.

[​IMG]

I really hope this stays within 2-D animation.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I saw this, wasn't sure what to make of it but I will definitely watch it if I can! Lion King is my childhood xD I love it to pieces and it would be interesting to see where they take it. It's 20 years old now xD and with animation advancements, I recon it will look beautiful. I hope they keep the same voice actors though, it would feel wrong to change them but I understand it may not always be possible.

When I first saw this news, I was hoping for a prequel series showing Scar and Mufasa growing up as that story would fascinate me and I know Scar is a popular villainous character xD Still, over a year away yet...

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Sounds interesting, but question: How the heck would Mufasa make an appearance? Unless it's a flashback, I don't see how

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Definitely looks interesting. I really liked Simba's Pride growing up and 1 1/2 is actually very clever when you look at all the Hamlet parallels. While I think that this is a bit of a cash grab since The LIon King doesn't really feel like it needs to be expanded, I'm interested to see where they'll go with the story.

One thing I want to point out is in the quote: The show will follow Kion, the second-born son of Simba and Nala.

That can actually be read one of two ways. The first is the obvious way, he's the second off-spring of Simba and Nala. However, since it says second son, which can be read as the second male child between Simba and Nala. Randomly searching the internet one day, I found out that in children books, between the time The Lion King and Simba's Pride came out, Simba and Nala had a son named Kopa.

Now, there's no sign of Kopa in Simba's Pride, probably because Disney didn't see that as canon. However, there's a popular theory out there is that Zira, the main antagonist in Simba's Pride killed Kopa, which is why she and others are banished (probably those who aligned with Scar). There's more to it, but that's what I remember from the top of my head.

It probably means nothing, but it's till interesting to think about.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, he has made many appearances since his death as a big cloud in the sky :3 So my guess it will be as the guiding presense that he has always been but I could be wrong.

6. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh wow, only saw this now. Now, I'm kinda excited for it. I grew up with Lion King as my favorite movie, and I really loved the sequels too, so I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm curious though, where's Kovu?

7. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Okay?!?!?!??
    So...where's Kovu and Kiara???

8. Krowley Moderator

Said Kiara would make an appearance. Not sure about Kovu...
    Though he is voiced by Jason Marsden (Voices Max goof as well) so who knows.

9. Roxasfan Xman Twilight Town Denizen

Okay. I must have missed that. Thanks.