The KH-Vids.net MEP!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    Feel free to shoot either of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to turntechGodhead |Send a message to Stardust

Please Note: We have now moved on to the second phase of the MEP, located in the Recording & Video Production Studio. You can view the new thread here.

Information:
    Written by project coordinator turntechGodhead, aka Guardian_Soul

What is an MEP?
    MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13.

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.

- Rules -

- One of our lovely purple monsters, Stardust, will be the co-coordinator of this project. Her word shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer*shot*

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.

===

If you are interested in joining, please post below so we can gauge interest and determine the time limit for parts =].
    List of Participants:​

+kingdomhearts530
    +Gerdneek
    +Anzu_100
    +Noroz
    +jojoj13
    +ЅкyCɑт
    +Roxasvsriku
    +Love
    +Lulus_Moogle
    +Nate_River
    +Ienzo
    +Josephmahon1
    +Ace Phoenix
    +Fearless
    +gorillajoe2k
    +Aqua101
    +gabr
    +kingdomhearts530
    +flowergothic
    +roxas2142
    +P
    +Invader Jack
    +Fayt-Harkwind
    +Ventus108
    +HellKitten
    +MovingOnMjrn
    +Kalnet
    +Sacredlith​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Stardust, Jun 26, 2011.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Superior of the InBetween
      Superior of the InBetween
      Ah darn. I just came out with a really good video, too :( Yeah that one is 3:00 so ima go cry now.
    2. MovingOnMjrn
      MovingOnMjrn
      Alright, I can shorten it. No problem;) But what should I do with it when I'm done? Do you need the download link, or what?

And could I put the too long version in the Top Five Contest?
    3. Stardust
      Stardust
      Hey guys, I'd just like to apologize to anyone who has asked me questions over the last several days; I'm currently out of town on vacation and have been very busy and thus, unable to log on much at all... I just answered the PMs I've received, but please keep in mind when you send me messages that I may take a while to answer you until the vacation ends (around July 7th I believe). If you send me something and I don't get back to you, turntechGodhead should be able to help you =].
      @MovingOnMjrn - yeah, we'll need a method of downloading it to compile it into the full video. As for the top 5, I'm not sure if MEP parts should be eligible since this is already an official KHV project but you're free to put it on the portal.
    4. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      Sorry for the lack of activity from me guys. I've been busy with college stuff and I haven't had enough time to do much else except work but now that the semester is finally over, I'll be more active now C:. Expect me to upload a preview of my part sometime next week when I get my computer fixed.

Great! If you're done with the video, upload it to a site and send me the link. Or would you like some critique before you send in your part?

Make a new video. Making a video that's 45 seconds shouldn't be too hard, right?

Yea, you'll have to upload to a site like Megaupload or Mediafire and send me the link. You don't have to send me the video right away though because I'd like for everybody to take their time with their editing so they can send me their best.
    5. Kalnet
      Kalnet
      Cool! I'm really interested in this project. I'm currently making an KH MV so I should be able to shorten it just for the MEP. I should be able to show it to you by this weekend or next week.

Quick question. You guys don't mind me using a korean song right? Thats the current MV I'm making right now.
    6. MovingOnMjrn
      MovingOnMjrn
      Without the intro music my video’s about a minute long. However, I can shorten the video to forty-five seconds; I can shorten it to thirty seconds. What time frame works best for you?

Oh! I can submit it into the portal then? That’s actually what I wanted to do. I didn’t think it’d be fair to submit it into the Top Five, and I’d thought videos in the video portal were automatically entered.

I’ll be sure to put it into the video portal, and give a download link when I’ve shortened the vid to the appropriate time.
    7. Stardust
      Stardust
      The shorter the better I suppose, but the time isn't set in stone yet so we'll have to update you later on it. 30-45 seconds definitely sounds fine to me right now, though.

And yes, videos on the portal are automatically entered, you are correct =] however when I go through submissions I exclude ineligible videos from being judged, so there's no problem with submitting it to the portal regardless.

@Kalnet - fine by me. =]
    8. MovingOnMjrn
      MovingOnMjrn
      Hmmm... I think I'll submit the finished version to the portal, and just give you the download link to the shortened version.

Speaking of which, here's the download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AP2N64LO

If you end up needing me to shorten it, just let me know;) I can shorten it no problem. This is the forty-three second one.
    9. roxas2142
      roxas2142
      Is 58 seconds too long?

oh and it says h*ll once is that pg-13?
    10. Kalnet
      Kalnet
      Ok. Thanks stardust! I'll upload on youtube and show you the video first before posting it here and the download link just incase of any error and dont worry, Its 46 secs and can be reduced.

[video=youtube;vwFnLGbVwlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwFnLGbVwlQ&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

**UPDATE**Here is the video. This is basically my final one since I've been continue-ing on making it for weeks now. Its actually a full video but reduced to 46 secs and I'm still currently making it. Youtube says its 47 secs but its actually 46 so no worries.
    11. Lauriam
      Lauriam
      Actually, I think I'll back out of this one. I'm just too busy these days.
    12. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      Pretty nice part in my opinion. Only thing bothering me about it though is the quality of some of the parts. I'm a qualitynazi so it's kind of a peeve for me but I'll let it slide this time.

You will mostly likely need to shorten it. And it'd only be over PG-13 if it was excessive cursing, a little swearing isn't bad.

Nice editing. Can't understand Korean at all but I still like it xD.

I understand. If you're less busy later though, feel free to join again if we're still accepting.
    13. Kalnet
      Kalnet
      Thanks! Actually I don't want that video to be my final piece yet since you guys are still finalizing right? After you guys give your final decision then I can decide to keep that video or make another one. Anyways, I'm in for this project. Count me in. =)
    14. HellKitten
      HellKitten
    15. Anzu_100
      Anzu_100
      Okay, here's my part. I want to hear everyone's opinions on it because I'm almost positive this is not the finished vid. Well, here it is:
      [video=dailymotion;xjtn8s]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjtn8s_khv-mep-my-part-rescue-me_videogames[/video]
    16. Fearless
      Fearless
      QUESTION;
      I know it's KH/FF only, but is the KH manga allowed?
    17. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      Yes it is allowed. Anything KH, FF and Disney is allowed. Just as long as it isn't a fanwork, then it's all good
    18. Sacredlith
      Sacredlith
      Um, can I join? ;D
      I'm thinking to make it around 30+ seconds, since I've seen alot of people joining already. I wonder if it's okay?
    19. Guardian Soul
      Guardian Soul
      Of course you can join. At the moment, 30-45 seconds is looking to be the ideal time for the parts.
    20. Terra254
      Terra254
      I'm backing out,might come back in but for now,I'm backing out.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.