The KH-Vids.net MEP 2013: Second Phase

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Stardust, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Stardust Chaser

[​IMG]
    Second Phase
    Feel free to shoot any of the coordinators a PC if you need help:​
    Send a message to Guardian Soul |Send a message to Stardust
    Send a message to Plums | Send a message to Ienzo
    Information:
    What is an MEP?
    MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.​

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.​

- Song Selection -
    Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13.​

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.​

- Rules -
    - Several of our lovely staff members, Plums, Ienzo, and Stardust, will be helping me coordinate this project. Their words shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer or the infraction chisel*shot*​
    - If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.​
    - Song changes this year will be limited to TWO CHANGES PER PERSON, so pick your song wisely.​
    - It's not a rule per se, but please keep in mind that this isn't a race: you'll have plenty of time to put your part together, so don't feel like you have to turn in anything right off the bat! We want you guys to turn in parts you're really happy with.​
    - There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!​
    - At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.​
    - No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.​
    ===​

Due Date
    TBA
    List of Possible Participants:
    Damon Salvatore [Cat~]
    Fearless
    Hayabusa
    cstar
    starlight2011studios
    NemesisPrime
    Leblonk
    Ienzo
    benjizz
    Ankoku
    cloud<3
    darkhorseD
    Lucideffective
    muff monkey
    Vivid Green
    Knuxy64
    Mixt
    jackdaniel0
    Anti ☢ Sora​
    Saitaina​
    The Hero of Time​

Greetings, MEP participants! Now that we've got a list of people interested in the project, it's time to move forward with song choices and MEP parts.​
    The second phase is rather simple. We will be working on and collecting the parts of the MEP to be compiled.​
    Here's what we need from you:​
    - A post confirming that you are currently still able to participate​
    - Your song choice​
    - Eventually, your MEP part.​
    Simply posting your song choice can double as a confirmation of participation, but if you haven't decided what song to use yet, you can just post to let us know you're still interested.​
    We will give the people on our master list three days to post a reply here, at which point we will start a PC with any who have not replied to confirm their status. Those who receive the PC will have three more days to reply before we remove them from the list.​
    Even if you posted your song choice or part in the last thread, we ask that you please do it again to keep everything in one place.​
    FAQ [by Guardian Soul]
    Question - How will I send my part to you?
    Answer - To send your part in, you'll have to upload to a hosting website. There are many sites to host your file, such as Mediafire for example.​
    Q - What format should my part be in?
    A - We don't have a specific requirement for formats, as we understand you all use different computers and editing software. We do ask that you save your file in good quality, however. If there is a compatibility or quality problem with your submission, we will let you know.​
    Q - When's the due date?
    A - At the moment we don't have a set date, but we will let you know as soon as possible.​
    Q - How long is my audio cut allowed to be?
    A - 1 minute. I will not allow anything over this.​
    Q - Should I render my part in High Definition?
    A - No. Many participants do not have the software needed to do so. Also, in order for your final product to be in HD, your clips must be in HD to begin with -- KH-Vids.net's clips are currently not recorded in High Definition, so if you are using our clips, you will only decrease the quality of the video since you'll only be upscaling the video. If you export a HD video using Standard Definition clips, the result will not look better than rendering it normally (and will take up a lot of extra space!).​
    Q - Should I fade out my part?
    A - No. For consistency's sake, it's better for it to be faded if need be while being compiled together. I would also like that everybody add a blank 2 seconds before and after your parts. These blank seconds don't count as part of your video. They're just there to facilitate me editing everything together.​
    Q - Is there a filesize limit?
    A - Yes, there is. Please keep the size of your files under 100 MBs.​
    Q - What should the framerate of my video be?
    A - 29.97 This is a problem that I noticed before. There were different framerates being used and as a result of this, some parts were out of sync with their songs because they were either sped up or slowed down. This year I would like everybody to use the same framerate to avoid that problem. You can set what framerate your render will be in most non-linear editors like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. WMM only exports in either 29.97 or 30 so it shouldn't be a problem since the difference would be so small. If you aren't sure how to set the framerate of your video, just ask and I'll be glad to help.​
    Q - What resolution should my video be?
    A - If possible, 848x480. If you cannot do this, it will be adjusted when the MEP is compiled.​
    Q - Any other things that you would like to address?
    A - Interlaced video. Don't render your part as an interlaced video. If you don't know what interlaced video is, it looks like this.​
    [​IMG]
    It's when those lines appear. Normally footage from games and films aren't like this and are progressive instead so you wouldn't normally have to worry about this. The problem is that some video editors can render footage as interlaced. Please don't do this. Removing interlacing is both a chore and the end result isn't always pretty. Like setting your framerate, if you don't know how to do this, just ask and I'll be glad to help.​

Participating Members and Songs
    EgoGrumptor [The Hero of Time] - I Burn by Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams
    Fearless - Lost One's Weeping by Jubyphonic
    BARRY... [Cat~] - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy
    DarkhorseD - Doctor Who Suite by the Aviators
    Vivid Green - The Nexus by Amaranthe
    ~Phoenix~ [cloud<3] - Numb by Linkin Park
    Mixt - Own Little World (We Will Never Die Mix) by Celldweller
    Ienzo - Oh No! by Marina and the Diamonds
    muff monkey - Bird Song Intro by Florence + The Machine
    Lucideffective - Reflections Scatter by Module
    NemesisPrime - Every Star, Every Planet from Doctor Who
    starlight2011studios - Treasure by Bruno Mars
    jackdaniel0
    Ankoku - Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
    Leblonk
    Hayabusa - Night of the Hunter by 30 Seconds to Mars
    Saitaina - Thnks fr th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy
    cstar - Hero by Skillet
    Knuxy64 - Dreamer by Elizaveta
    Anti ☢ Sora - Flat Foot Face by Stan SB

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Song Choice:

3. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I'm here but I dunno what song I want yet.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I'm still in, and I'll choose my song in the next few days.

[This is Cat~ and though I've got this theme at the moment, my next name change will probably just go back to the usual, haha]

5. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm still in, and my song choice is in the youtube video below:

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm going to use "The Nexus" by Amaranthe, with the time being 0:18-1:04. And I actually put the time because I wanted to ask, do you want me to just keep it as to 44 seconds? Or is it alright for me to add another 10 seconds? I could do either, I just want to know if the extra 10 seconds is an option

7. Aelin Best Waifu

I will be using numb by Linkin Park
    The username I signed up with was Cloud<3

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm still in, for the time being at least. I'm being a bit finicky on decisions lately.

Also, I am working to get the KH1 HD clips up ASAP (because I've been a lazy bum about that after some tech issues). So if any of you want to use scenes from that game, you might want to just wait a little bit longer.

EDIT: Going with the song Own Little World (We Will Never Die Mix) by Celldweller

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am still in and shall be using Oh No! by Marina and the Diamonds because there is no cooler song :D

10. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

will be able to do this, and i am using this beautiful music

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I've decided that I'll be using My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy for my part.

12. Stardust Chaser

Just under half of the folks who signed up have given a response here (thank you); gonna give it an extra day before sending out the reminders and updating the list. That said, reminders will go out tomorrow so if you signed up and haven't posted yet, please conirm ASAP!

13. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Okay, I've decided I will be using the English version Lost One's Weeping by JubyPhonic

14. Lucideffective Merlin's Housekeeper

I am in! Haven't chosen song yet, gimme a day or so!

15. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm in still but I'm trying to decide what song to use but it will be from Doctor Who that's for certain.

16. starlight2011studios Merlin's Housekeeper

I will join! and probs use the song treasure! but I will let you know if I change my mind!

17. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm still interested, although after reading this FAQ I'm afraid of issues with time and the tech I got on hand. I'm a bit conflicted on what songs I should be using. Is it alright if we use a cover of a song(if we get permission from the cover-er)? And because I'm paranoid that I'm going to screw this up somehow, I want to make sure that by audio cut, you mean the length of our whole video, and by blank 2 seconds at the beginning and end, you mean literally just nothing, no audio or video, just blackness.

18. Ankoku Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm still in ^_^ I'n still deciding my song, though[DOUBLEPOST=1378388332][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, I decided on my song ^_^ Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

19. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

WHOOPS! I didn't know this thread was up. Guess I missed it. Yeah, I'll participate. Just give me a day or two to find a song.

20. Hayabusa Venomous

Oh there's a new thread.

I'm still in, just trying to figure out a song.