Video The KH-Vids.net MEP 2012 : Second Phase!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Guardian Soul, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

[​IMG]
    Second Phase

Feel free to shoot any of the coordinators a PM if you need help:
    Send a message to Guardian Soul |Send a message to Stardust | Send a message to What?

Information:

What is an MEP?

MEP stands for Multi Editor Project. Multiple editors working together on one project. Despite most MEPs usually using one song, one band, or one theme, this project will be more like a worm. Everybody makes a small video and in the end, we'll combine them together to form a whole video to showcase our editors.​

- Video Sources -

Since this is a Kingdom Hearts community, the allowed video sources will be Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Disney. Other sources unfortunately won't be allowed.​

- Song Selection -

Anything you want it to be but keep it PG-13. ​

- Editing -

The editing style all depends on the track. If the track is fast-paced, the editing should reflect that, and likewise with a slow song. Use whatever style suits you best, though. Having different styles in this MEP is what I'm shooting for, as having all the tracks look the same isn't fun or appealing at all. This is a collection of our styles all in one project and I want it to look that way.​

- Rules -

- Two of our lovely staff members, Stardust and What, will be helping me coordinate this project. Their words shall be law! Listen or fear the banhammer or the infraction chisel*shot*

- If you join the MEP, I expect you to be active or I will hunt you down. You are to keep everyone involved in the MEP up to date with your progress. Be it a little or a lot. I would like to know where everyone stands on their tracks. So try to keep us updated.
    - Song changes this year will be limited to TWO CHANGES PER PERSON, so pick your song wisely.

- It's not a rule per se, but please keep in mind that this isn't a race: you'll have plenty of time to put your part together, so don't feel like you have to turn in anything right off the bat! We want you guys to turn in parts you're really happy with.

- There is no limit on participants and no restriction on who can participate based on post count or join date, so everyone is free to join up!

- At the moment, the time limit hasn't been decided on yet. It'll be determined by how many editors will be participating in the project.

- No bumpers, watermarks, or anything of the such. They're very distracting and people will be able to find out who made what part just by looking at the description.

===

Due Date​

August 14, 2012​

List of Possible Participants:​

Droid
    Korosu
    chessplayerjames
    ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠
    Knightshade
    Okabe Rintarou
    Hayabusa
    Leblonk
    Anti ☢ Sora
    Saxima
    Wingly
    starlight2011studios
    Ienzo
    lillovedoctor
    Dawn
    Hayato
    TitanTX
    MovingOnMjrn
    Cloudrunner62
    muff monkey
    darkhorseD

Greetings, MEP participants! Now that we've got a list of people interested in the project, it's time to move forward with song choices and MEP parts.

The second phase is rather simple. We will be working on and collecting the parts of the MEP to be compiled.

Here's what we need from you:
    - A post confirming that you are currently still able to participate
    - Your song choice
    - Eventually, your MEP part.

Simply posting your song choice can double as a confirmation of participation, but if you haven't decided what song to use yet, you can just post to let us know you're still interested.

We will give the people on our master list three days to post a reply here, at which point we will send a PM to any who have not replied to confirm their status. Those who receive the PM will have three more days to reply before we remove them from the list.

Even if you posted your song choice or part in the last thread, we ask that you please do it again to keep everything in one place.

FAQ

Question - How will I send my part to you?
    Answer - To send your part to me and/or Stardust, you'll have to upload to a hosting website. There are many sites to host your file such as Mediafire for example.

Q - What format should my part be in?
    A - We don't have a specific requirement for formats, as we understand you all use different computers and editing software. We do ask that you save your file in good quality, however. If there is a compatibility or quality problem with your submission, we will let you know.

Q - When's the due date?
    A - At the moment we don't have a set date but I'm thinking it'll be around the first week of August since after that most people will be finishing their summer vacation by then.

Q - How long is my audio cut allowed to be?
    A - 1 minute. I will not allow anything over this.

Q - Should I render my part in High Definition?
    A - No. Many participants do not have the software needed to do so. Also, in order for your final product to be in HD, your clips must be in HD to begin with -- KH-Vids.net's clips are currently not recorded in High Definition, so if you are using our clips, you will only decrease the quality of the video since you'll only be upscaling the video. If you export a HD video using Standard Definition clips, the result will not look better than rendering it normally (and will take up a lot of extra space!).

Q - Should I fade out my part?
    A - No. For consistency's sake, it's better for it to be faded if need be while being compiled together. I would also like that everybody add a blank 2 seconds before and after your parts. These blank seconds don't count as part of your video. They're just there to facilitate me editing everything together.

Q - Is there a filesize limit?
    A - Yes, there is. Please keep the size of your files under 100 MBs.

Q - What should the framerate of my video be?
    A - 29.97 This is a problem that I noticed last year. There were different framerates being used and as a result of this, some parts were out of sync with their songs because they were either sped up or slowed down. This year I would like everybody to use the same framerate to avoid that problem. You can set what framerate your render will be in most non-linear editors like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. WMM only exports in either 29.97 or 30 so it shouldn't be a problem since the difference would be so small. If you aren't sure how to set the framerate of your video, just ask and I'll be glad to help.

Q - What resolution should my video be?
    A - If possible, 848x480. If you cannot do this, it will be adjusted when the MEP is compiled.

Q - Any other things that you would like to address?
    A - Interlaced video. Don't render your part as an interlaced video. If you don't know what interlaced video is, it looks like this.

[​IMG]

It's when those lines appear. Normally footage from games and films aren't like this and are progressive instead so you wouldn't normally have to worry about this. The problem is that some video editors can render footage as interlaced. Please don't do this. Removing interlacing is both a chore and the end result isn't always pretty. Like setting your framerate, if you don't know how to do this, just ask and I'll be glad to help.

Participating Members and Songs

[table="width: 500, class: grid, align: center"] Member Song Artist Leblonk Identity Kutless ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Nightmare Avenged Sevenfold Wingly Erased Dead By April Stardust Modern Times J-Five Anti ☢ Sora --- --- Korosu Giving Up Ingrid Michaleson Hayabusa For What It's Worth Placebo muff monkey Skin of the Night m83 Guardian Soul Painted Sun in Abstract Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Hayato ULTRAnumb Blue Stahli TitanTX Loaded and Alone Hinder Saxima Sarah Smiles Panic! At the Disco Ienzo Running Up That Hill Placebo Dawn God Help the Outcasts Bette Midler Cthuko Morning Glow Draw the Emotional darkhorseD --- --- Knightshade --- --- HellKitten Mark David Chapman Mindless Self Indulgence lillovedoctor Saeed Infected Mushroom Lulus_Moogle Lego House Ed Sheeran Terra254 Shattered Trading Yesterday [/table]

2. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

What is the length we should aim for?

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

[video=youtube;8dR-9ytZpMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dR-9ytZpMk[/video]

You put the fade out QA twice. Just saying. Any word on how long or are we gonna have to wait a week for everyone to confirm in this thread?​

4. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

At the moment, with the amount of participants who have expressed interest, I think it'd be best to stick with 45 seconds. This may be subject for change if people decide to drop out for whatever reason though.

Oh derp. Edited. Thanks for telling me.

5. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Figured it'd be the same and I planned ahead. Now I just have to decide which of the two best parts in my song to do.​

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm going to be using Erased - Dead By April
    Same. Ever since the last MEP I've always counted 45 seconds in songs I like to see if I could use them

7. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Yeah that's what I did with the song I'm using. Found two good parts. Just gotta decide which one.​

8. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

So, as soon as we choose a song can we start? And does the two blank secodns either end have to be part of the 45 seconds, or in adition to the 45 seconds?

9. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

In addition to the length of your video. So, for example, if your part was 40 seconds, you'd add 2 seconds of blank space in the beginning and end to make a 44 second video. If your part was 45 seconds, then with the blank spaces, you'd have 49. And yeah, as soon as you pick your song, you can start. Just make sure to post what song you're using here.

EDIT: Also if you guys need a few extra seconds to make your cut of the song work well then I won't be against giving a little leeway just as long as it isn't too long.

10. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

oh good! will choose my song by tomorrow. I have 4 shortlisted!

11. Stardust Chaser

Just a heads-up that I'm using Modern Times by J-Five for the intro sequence.

12. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

im participating, Right now, im listening to various Green Day, All time Low, A day to remember, Arctic Monkeys & Relient K songs, when i find a Yummy 45 Seconds mark, ill tell you my song.

Here is an idea, if 2 members pick the same song, why dont they both do a 1:30 part? each one gets a half it would make the MEP run smother and it would settle any dispute for a song.

13. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Still partaking! I have yet to choose a song or find a decent torrent for Treasure Planet, haha. I'd be grateful if somebody could help me out?

14. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

btw: i might take some time to pick since we cant change them later.

Thats a nice movie, certainly MEP-worthy, ive got some free time, ill look for a nice torrent, as for a song, migh i suggest some Green Day, All time low, Paramore, Relient K,Arctic Monkeys,Yellow card or Simple Plan?

15. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I'll pick my own songs, thanks.

16. Hayabusa Venomous

Definitely taking part. Looking for a proper song, that would still sound fine at 45 seconds.

17. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

song i'm using is skin of the night by m83

so sexxxy

18. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

I'm using Identity by Kutless. It's the story of my life.

19. Leblonk Destiny Islands Resident

are we allowed to do voice overs? I mean, can I have some sora dialog for 3 1/2 seconds before my song starts?

20. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Sure. Will the video without the blank seconds still be 45 seconds with the voiceover? If it goes over the limit, I don't really mind. 3 and a half seconds isn't really much.