The Keyblade and the Heartless

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

If the keyblade is the only weapon capable of destroying the heartless, how are Donald, Goofy, and the world allies able to defeat them? Donald, Goofy, and some of the world allies, such as Aladdin, at least have weapons, but some of the world allies don't, such as Ariel who uses her fin or Jack Skellington who uses his bone fists.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm not sure where it was even mentioned the Keyblade was the only weapon capable of defeating the heartless. All I remember is Leon mentioning that the heartless have a great fear of it. The only thing unique in killing heartless with a Keyblade is being able to release hearts (as shown in KH2 and 358/2 Days).

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I was wondering this as well, but I think I just got confused with the power to release hearts as well.

For me that also brings up a question though:

Sora said it was no use to fight because if they did they'd be helping the organization in Kingdom Hearts 2, but couldn't Donald and Goofy just fight instead? They wouldn't release the hearts. I know for plot reasons they wouldn't have done that, but they could do it right?

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I assumed the reason was that it would be too much for Donald to Goofy to handle by themselves (especially when stronger Heartless were around harming others, as was the case in Land of the Dragons and Port Royal). I'm sure they could've fought the Heartless themselves, but without Sora's help, I doubt they would've lasted much longer.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Have you ever seen Donald and goofy fight? They kind of suck. They couldn't save the world's by themselves.

But yes keyblade release hearts and make sure they can't come back. Xion said whenever she killed a heartless without hers that they would pop up somewhere else. So they can be destroyed without but not completely wiped out. You would in a sense just be moving them out of one area into another.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I beg to differ. They just defeated Riku, Maleficent, and Dragon Maleficent and have defeated, with the help of the world allies, all the previous bosses in the project I'm doing.

As an example, the last video I uploaded:

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

But the difference is that Sora was helping them in those battles. She was only referring to what would happen if they fought battles without any help from Sora.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I do nothing to help them except deliver the finishing blow. In the seldom cases it happens, I'll heal Donald if he gets taken out and Goofy or the world characters are out of potions.

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I believe you're thinking that what's shown in gameplay is indicative of what happens in the plot. To sum it up, what happens in gameplay doesn't really represent how it happens plot-wise, because gameplay can go however the player wants it to be (whether it be button mashing on the boss alone, or letting your allies do all the work while you stand in the corner doing nothing until it's time for the final blow). Just because you played a certain way doesn't mean that's how it happened. But when discussing the plot, I personally think it's safe to assume that Sora, Donald, Goofy, and whatever ally joins them contributes to battles equally. But back to the point, Sora is a very important part of the team, and the reality is, Donald and Goofy combined still can't be anywhere as strong as Sora (again, forget gameplay mechanics and whatever stats Donald and Goofy have). So, I still don't think having them fighting the Heartless without any help from Sora after the events of the 1000 Heartless battle would've been successful. Not at all. Besides, if Donald and Goofy could protect the worlds by themselves, then what was the point of them looking for Sora in the first place?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Pretty sure this isn't what they mean, plus I can't exactly tell from just looking but that doesn't seem to be on a high difficulty. I could be wrong, but even so that's just the case of AI being strong enough to kill a boss.

The point that was being made was more of a comparison. Sora > Donald and Goofy. However, Sora (much like any controllable character) is powerless without the person actually playing. Comparing the two is the very definition of unfair. If they were both AI, that would be a different story and chances are Sora would be stronger in most cases because well, duh, main character.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's Standard Mode, yeah.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Yeah then it isn't really a good example for this particular subject.