Film The Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Krowley, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Krowley Moderator

Source

A shame to see that Cars keeps making more money as one my least favorite from Pixar, but I'm sure many fans are pleased to here about The Incredibles getting a sequel in development. Still like 5 years away, and as much as I'd like to see more original films from the studio, this is still good.

2. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm kinda still surprised that The Incredibles didn't garner a sequel sooner, but nevertheless, yiiissss. And yeah, this supposed Cars hype is something I don't really see people asking for, but eh, good for those who do~

3. Arch Mana Knight

Well Brad always did say there were ideas for Incredibles 2. Things just needed to get sorted out. So excited for a sequel. The Incredibles was so well-written. It did so many things right. So many things.

As for Cars 3...well, hopefully this one is actually about McQueen. I don't like Mater. >> The first movie was alright but the second movie had no reason for existing.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The first Cars was pretty good—not great, but good—but yeah, why did they make a second one? Y'know, besides money?

SO PSYCHED for a second Incredibles, though! They'd better not mess it up.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Oh man, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with the next Incredibles movie.
    I hope they expand on Jack-Jack's powers.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

For years everyone has been hoping for a sequel to the Incredibles- it was a great family film that was hilarious and was left open for potential sequels. I don't understand the Cars hype either, I quite enjoyed the first film but then Planes came along as well just expanding the franchise and I thought it was basically the bare bones story as Cars but with a different shell (I could be wrong though, that is just what I got from watching the trailer). And then Cars 2 which I never watched- if it wasn't even solely about McQueen then alright but I didn't think Mater was overly interesting, he was a cool support character but not one to take the helm of a film (again, I haven't seen it so so I could be wrong but just my thoughts).

Totally excited for Incredibles 2 though! Just a casual 15 year gap between films xD Even the Toy Story gap between 2 and 3 wasn't that big.

7. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

I'm so goddamn excited for Incredibles 2 aaaaaaah. I could not care less about Cars 2 though haha, but man I've been wanting an Incredibles movie for so long. It's one of my favorite animated movies. Humour, storytelling, characters, drama, pacing. Everything was done right.
    But yeah a 15 year gap between them will be interesting. I wonder if they'll take that into consideration.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Are you sure it's 15?
    So far, it's been 10 years...so we still have 5 years until we actually get to see it? D:

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, the source said it could be 2017/18 before we see it so it may not be that long but it could be. I hope it would be out sooner but considering this is the first official information about it going into production, I doubt they've got too far in it's creation. Finding Dory was officially released going into production about a year ago and we may not see that until 2016.

10. Jin うごかないで

Incredibles was in much need of a sequel but all we got was the underminers game..I really hope they scratch underminers having anything to do with the sequel but I am still looking forward to it. Never been a huge fan of cars though so eh.