Film The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The next chapter (or should I say, half chapter) of the Hunger Games series will come out this November. A short teaser was released, in which President Snow gives an address (with Peeta by his side):

Now I know people basically say that the third book was bad... but despite that, I'm still hyped for the movie(s).

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Hehe, I wonder if they have hashtags in Panem? xD

Anyway, I am really excited for this, I quite liked the third book, no it wasn't as good as the second and the ending was quite unpopular but the story is quite interesting and I'm sure the films will do it justice like they did with the other two books. The story is very different from the other two but I do like it, I wonder if they will keep the ending the same though.

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Another teaser released:

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

These guys definitely know how to sell a movie. It's at least better than the teasers for the first two, where it was just a gif of the book cover.

I really loved the direction they took with the Catching Fire by not being slavish to the source material (one of the many problems with the first movie), and can't wait to see what they do with the movie.

My only real complaint is that Mockingjay has a lot of filler, and even with that, it doesn't have enough material to handle two movies (I always felt CF and MJ should have been one book), but I can only hope that they look at different approaches in telling the story.

5. Fellangel Bichael May

Ah another movie split in two parts. Noooooo~

Truth be told, I'm a fan of the Hunger Game series, whether Mokingjay was good or bad. I enjoyed the first two movies and still just as excited to see the conclusion of this movie. Hopefully, they don't go Gungho on the story of the book. Heads will roll if they do any major alteration to the story.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Dayum, that teaser was awesome, I got chills. I only read through the book series once and all the filler didn't bother me, it was a bit boring at times but I recon there is enough to fill 2 films, well I hope so- it should be interesting to see how they do this.

Ooooh, I think I know why I liked the trailer so much, it's because the darkness of the district 13 broadcast is so strikingly contrasting to the Capitol one that it really shows the corrupt facade of Panem and how it's finally being broken.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New teaser trailer:

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New poster featuring Katniss:

[​IMG]

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Another new poster of Katniss:

[​IMG]

Also, a new trailer will come out on September 15th.

Source

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Just saw it. My thoughts:

So I basically heard that the movie wasn't quite as good as the first two, so I actually went in with lower expectations then I did with Catching Fire, and thankfully I ended up enjoying it. What I feel really defines this movie is the whole political subtext and atrocities of war, and I am a sucker for stuff like that. Did Mockingjay really need to be split into two parts? Maybe not, but that honestly hasn't stopped me from already looking forward to the final chapter.