The gang of Intergalactic Ninja Vampire Space Pirates (A.k.a The I.N.V.S.P.)

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Lauriam, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

One day, more than a month after saving the B.A.P.U. crew and returning the Ideophile to its mate, Marushi enters the dining hall of the Saber, looking eager and pleased, albeit a bit nervous.

"Hey, everyone," she says. "I, uh, have an announcement. You know that Weird Guy we were all fighting last month? Well, see, he just got out of court in the Staff Quadrant, and as it turns out, he really wasn't doing any of that stuff he did. Well, I mean, he did, but it wasn't his idea. Or, rather, it was his idea, but he couldn't help it. See, he was actually being controlled by this other alien terrorist group, being made to serve them as a mindless drone. Which, I guess, is actually a real problem? Like there are all sorts of these guys just going around the galaxy doing this guy's bidding, through no will of their own. Through some form of mind control. And Weird Guy was being controlled by him, so now he's free, and... Well, he wants to join us."

Behind her, the door opens and Weird Guy steps out, looking very nervous as he smiles a bit at the crew, shifting his weight and then bowing slightly, reaching up and tipping a grand looking top-hat in greeting.

"Thanks to you guys," he says. "I'm now free from the mind control. For that, I'd like to offer you both my gratitude and my services." He bites his lip, still smiling nervously as he shrugs a little. "You know, the old 'I owe you my life' schtick."

Otherwise known as 'that time Marushi was supposed to write a secret ending by October 24th and it's not even started a month later so screw it, we're going for interactive roleplay instead, so there' XD

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Midnight's entire body froze as she saw who was coming in. "Captain." She said slowly, her eyes not leaving the guy who had walked in with Marushi. "This had better be a joke and it's not a very good one. It all sounds like a load of rubbish excuses to me. That guy took me out of action for weeks. I don't care if he claims he was controlled, why is he here?" She wanted to storm out and slam the door but she was currently steering the ship and that wouldn't be the best idea. Instead she turned away from them, back to looking at the controls. However for anybody eagle-eyed enough to spot it, her hands were shaking a little as she worked.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

"No, no, it's not just a claim," Marushi said, holding her hands up and waving them a touch as she shook her head. "Trust me, I wouldn't have brought him here if it were just a claim. No, it's been proven, he was being mind controlled the whole time, the staff are actually using his testimony to search for the culprit. He's apparently sort of like, a mind hacker? They've been after him for awhile, but they haven't been able to come close yet. They freed Weird Guy so now he really is completely safe."

"I deeply regret my actions of the past," Weird Guy spoke up earnestly. "Especially to you, little doctor. What I did was reprehensible, and if you don't forgive me, I understand, but please allow me the chance to prove myself, and let me serve alongside you all."

Also: @Glen @Loxare @DarkTraitor Pine

4. Midnight Star Master of Physics

The smallest member of the crew did not turn back around to look at him, instead choosing to stay firmly focused on the controls of the ship. When she spoke her words were quiet but clear, "Forgive me if I'm not completely convinced. You certainly didn't act like a mindless drone that day, you talked with us, you laughed with us and you actually came across as a fairly likeable guy, then you went and betrayed us. Your actions did not appear like that of a mindless puppet to me." Midnight paused taking a deep breath. "But say, even if you were controlled that doesn't automatically make you a good guy. We know absolutely nothing about you, hell, we don't even know your name. Do you realise you're asking for far more than simple forgiveness? You're asking for more than on the ship when you just looked around with us? You're asking to join us, to stay on this ship, to be one of us, what gives you the right? This just could all be a big ploy to get close to us and get your revenge. How do we know the "big bad" isn't controlling you in more way than one? I don't trust you and I don't want my friends to get hurt. I won't let you hurt us any more."

Honestly, it wasn't actually too unusual for Marushi to invite random people to join the crew and most of the time she was actually fine with that but this was different. They'd already been hurt and betrayed once after trusting him, she did not want that to happen again.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Yawning, the ever so humble Smurfasaurus wandered over, no longer carrying his laser schimitar but in fact carrying a machete. He'd had a long, deep moment of self reflection in front of the mirror earlier, repeating the phrase "that's not a knife, this is a knife" as he swapped weapons. After that, he had as stated walked onto the deck and over to where the commotion was going on. "Hey ya bloomin' mongrels, how's my favourite piratey mates doin'? Now I ain't a chef, but I found this ripper bay of fish in our space aquarium that I bought for us yesterday- oh right, I bought us a space aquarium for us yesterday, I don't think I mentioned that- and I caught some shrimp. How about we throw it on the barbie?" Smurf asked, barely noticing weird guy standing there. After a moment, the situation sunk in and he blinked twice in disbelief.

"Oi, who the heck is this bugger? Did the cap'n go and invite a straggla along again? I knew she would, she always does" Smurf stated bluntly. At first he'd sounded mad, then he sounded pleased. It was fairly clear he was drunk as an aussie skunk. "Nice to meet ya again Weird Guy, hit me up later and we'll 'ave a drink or ten yeah? But touch my wild turkey and you'll be walkin' the plank even if I gotta push ya off meself" the pirate threatened. He wasn't in the right frame of mind, but who cared? His recently re-discovered aussie accent was so sexy and charming whatever words he spoke just inspired the most supreme amounts of lust in a lady's heart, or so he liked to believe.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

"Okay," Marushi noted, nodding at Glen seriously. "Everyone remember to keep him away from the helm."

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

As Glen entered and started talking Midnight's small back started shaking, and her hands came up to cover her face. Eventually after Glen had finished she eventually looked round at him, a slight smile vaguely visible beneath her hand. "What the hell are you on about? You're unbelievable sometimes. That said, you will have to show me this aquarium thing at some point." Glancing at Marushi but being careful to not look at the person stood next to the captain she added, "Don't you remember? Glen hasn't been allowed anywhere near the controls of this ship in a long time." She returned to steering the ship after her interjection. Trust Glen to break the mood, it wasn't like her feelings towards that guy had changed but she couldn't honestly say she had a problem with the random ray of sunshine in the middle of this. If anything, that had made her a tiny bit more determined to protect the crew.

8. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Loxare walked away from the railing, where she was comparing the stars she could see to the stars in her charts, in hopes of getting them less lost. It wasn't unusual for the crew to have no idea where they were, and often they just picked a direction and flew in it looking for adventure, but their food supplies were getting low. She stopped a foot away from Marushi and Weird Guy. "Cap'n, you know I support your decisions, and I'll support this one. But know this," she turned to address Weird Guy, "if you touch a single hair on anyone on this ship, I will remove your manhood and your innards and feed them to the Rimmerod in the space aquarium."

Weird Guy gulped and nodded. Satisfied, Loxare went back to her charts. Maybe they were in the Delta Annex Quadrant...

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Something felt off today on the Saber. A small frown had appeared on the forehead of the ship’s Captain Marushi. The ship was too quiet. Waay too quiet. Even though the actual crew of the ship only numbered 5, somehow the ship always seemed lively and there was always noise coming from somewhere. The sound of fighting as Glen beat up training robots, the sound of Loxare doing her rounds and making sure everything was shipshape, the sound of music and bad singing in the med bay or clanging as Pine did her best to fix the ship. There was usually some teasing or arguing or laughing going on. Today though, it was all quiet. The training robots were switched off and hanging lifelessly, the medbay was silent and empty, there was no clanging and the ship seemed to be going eerily smoothly, all the corridors seemed empty. In fact she hadn’t seen a single member of her crew around today. Where were they? Had something happened to them?

Her hand went to her weapon and she gripped it tightly in front of her. She had to find her crew and protect them. She quickly checked their rooms but they were empty too, where was her crew? The food hall, which was normally a hive of activity was deserted without a sign of life. Wait, her head shot up. She thought she heard something from the helm, but it was so quiet it could have been her imagination.

Slowly the Captain of the Saber edged towards the entrance to the helm, weapon held in front of her, dreading what she might find. She just hoped her crew mates were okay, she’d sworn to protect them and that’s what she needed to do. She nervously adjusted her pirates hat, her cloak swished out behind her before she took a final deep breath and…”RELEASE MY CREW IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!!!” She yelled as she heroically leapt through the door…

…to “SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!”, All her crew shouted and fired party poppers into the air. A huge banner said ‘Happy Birthday Cap’n!!’ behind them and colourful balloons filled the room.

Have an amazing birthday, Captain Marushi!!

10. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Glen sat up slowly, his head pounding. Blearily, he checked the clock on the wall, groaning at the time. He wasn't sure when he had gone to bed last night - although 'passed out' would be a better choice of words considering his position on the floor - but whenever it was, it was still too early.

With a grunt of effort, he moved Midnight's foot off of his face, and sat up. Apparently the crew had decided to sleep off their sugar rushes and had decided to do so in a dog pile. They were all sleeping soundly, but none of the positions they were in looked comfortable.

He couldn't really move without waking them up, and a ship full of cranky pirates was never something he wanted to deal with. Still, he could try and make things a bit comfier. He stretched, grabbing the table cloth off of the chair it had been thrown on at some point, and spread it over the crew. Making sure the Cap'n especially was tucked in, he gave her a pat on the cheek. "Happy birthday Cap'n." Then he fell back so his shoulder was propped up by Loxare's thigh and PIne's fist was under a kidney and went back to sleep.

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Hm. Probably not the Delta Annex then. Perhaps they were in Centur Sixteen. Loxare could see the Angusi belt 34 degrees starboard. Of course, it could also be the Vega Strip. They were basically the same constellation, just viewed from opposite sides and impossible to tell apart. If she could find Polaris, this would be much easier.

Behind her, conversation kept flowing. Weird Guy (she still hadn't caught his name) asked, "So, what are my duties aboard the ship?"

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

(OOC:

Alright, so here's the deal: Weird Guy was actually never an OC, he was secretly a member of KHV all along, and when I 'wrote him in,' he controlled his character and I just took the credit. Originally, we were going to write a Secret Ending in which he revealed himself to us, and post it along with the story, but his life got really busy and we didn't have the time. We tried to write the Secret Ending as a Thanksgiving surprise, but that didn't work out either, so we just decided to roleplay his entry. All of the things I've posted in his name, he approved and helped to write, but then, literally the very day that we decided he could come in and tell you guys who he was, he disappeared.

I've been making a discrete investigation, trying to make sure he's okay, but the people I've asked haven't heard back from him either, and it's been over five weeks since he last contacted me. :( I'm getting a bit worried, but I hope that everything's okay and he's just like super busy or something, and nothing happened to him.

So... I really REALLY hate to ruin his surprise (it was all his idea, he came to me when we first started writing our anniversary story, and presented me with the plan and we've been working together to write 'an OC' into the story without raising anyone's suspicions, as a Grand Entrance) but you guys don't deserve to have the thread just stop in the middle of this little story, and be left hanging, so I'll just tell you guys now...

Weird Guy is @Judge Sunrose and he's been a member of this crew for months now. XD

13. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh no! I feel really bad about threatening to rip out his entrails now. I hope he's ok. Has there been any word?

14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yes, he got back to me. XD He's fine, his life is just crazy busy right now and he hasn't been able to post or even check things for awhile. I don't know when he'll be able to post, but yeah, I now know he's fine. :)

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh, that's good to hear. The I will stand by my decision to threaten his innards but still feel a little bad for it.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, don't worry, we went through this little charade because he wanted real reactions from the crew. XD He wanted to have Midnight hate him if she would hate the OC, and have you threaten to gut him if you would do so to the OC. XD

I'm just sad circumstances prevented him from doing the reveal himself. He was pretty excited about it; like I said, I created the OC because we had to write him in, we've been planning this from the very beginning. XD

17. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Well then.

IC: Later that night, Loxie excused herself to go make supper. As she walked off the deck, she pulled a chef's knife out of her belt and started sharpening it, holding eye contact with Weird Guy the entire time.

OOC: I hope he can join us so he can introduce himself properly soon.

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah. I think we should just pause this little roleplay thing so he can come reply when he can get to it, and just go back to our normal posting. XD

@Glen @DarkTraitor Pine, just wanted to make sure you saw the news. XD

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

There's a whole lotta orange in this family now.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol yeah! XD