The gang of Intergalactic Ninja Vampire Space Pirates (A.k.a The I.N.V.S.P.)

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Lauriam, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

What if we actually see some of the memories of the alien alongside the love? We see it all happy and stuff, then it loses its love and we see that too and can put the pieces together?

2. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

If we do do the space-snake thing, maybe we could recognize the species and try and win it over with cookies. That worked last time.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

WHAT IF IT'S TELEPATHIC!?

Or at least, it can be telepathic, and it can choose someone to send messages to after they decide this person is on their side?

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

What if it's telepathic but that telepathy is only accessible when the creature is in a relaxed state? As it tenses up and becomes more alert, those higher functions are blocked, or at least much harder to use, as an evolutionary method to prevent distraction in a dangerous environment. Once it realises we aren't a threat and trusts us, it relaxes enough to be able to communicate.

5. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

And that's why it had to put the BAPU in pods. Because they kept freaking out that a whatever-we're-going-to-decide-it-looks-like was on their ship and it was agitated and couldn't telepathy.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I like this idea, you guys. Plus, once it drags off Glen and my OC (who Mid and I decided is secretly evil) and puts them in pods, the rest of us aren't going to be fighting so much as just trying to sneak around and leave it alone to rescue them, so yeah, it will be much more relaxed. XD

7. Pinekaboo Chaser

Honestly not totally happy with this theme I have going but it'll do until I figure out what I really want to set for it.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Who is it?

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Maybe he wants us to kill that creature so he can add it to his "collection" and will actively say things that make the creature sound really evil to lead us away from figuring it out?

Maybe he's the reason why the creature is currently really agitated, he tried to kill it on his own before we turned up but failed. Now he wants to use us to do that.

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

Overlord Zetta from Makai Kingdom. I've used him before at some point, can't remember when but since I came back to KHV this year.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Good idea. Also, since he's actually evil, I did away with the over-the-top fancy clothes and top hat. XD He still looks the same as how I described him to you, but he just wears a long dark cloak instead. XD

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Just don't put him in obviously evil clothes. We don't want him too look obviously evil and give it away. If we write it really well it'll be a complete shock to the reader. Then maybe have subtle clues only noticeable on rereading.

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, yeah. I figure as a solo raider, especially in this universe of pirates and blue-skinned people, just having like, a dark cloak on over whatever normal clothes he's probably wearing would be okay. XD Especially as he still would be the type to want to wear flashy things, he just isn't right now. XD

14. Pinekaboo Chaser

This may perhaps be convoluted and more complex than we want, but what if we leave subtle hints and paranoia fuel about the new character, make the reader believe that they're up to no good, and then just as the reader thinks they've figured out what's going on, it actually turns out that somebody else is the traitorous teammate, perhaps because of a brain parasite or cloning or something if we don't want future stories to label them as a traitor forever, and they're the one that's been up to no good and trying to harm the alien all along.

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm not sure about making any of us evil. If this was going to be a long running thing with plenty of time to redeem themselves then perhaps but as this is currently just a one shot then I'm not so keen on that. Though I guess out of all of us you're already a "traitor" (maybe even a dark one sorry). It is in general a good idea, I just don't really want any of us to turn out to be evil.

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

That would be why I suggested a brain parasite or an evil clone responsible for the plot twist. Specifically so that nobody is actually evil and things can return to the status quo afterwards.

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Hmm I see what you mean, who would it be though? I think personally I'd prefer it to be a crew member acting strangely then the oc to be the actual evil one but that's probably more predictable. Also out of those two it'd have to probably be the parasite because in context of what has already been decided, a clone would be very out of nowhere. That would work better in a context where we had a group of people as our enemies who had the capability to make clones.

18. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Voting for "crew member is acting funny, but the OC is evil". And honestly, it could be any of us. Midnight is acting strange, didn't she give us a vaccine last week WHAT WAS IN THAT SYRINGE? Maybe the strain of her former crew going missing has driven Pine mad. Glen is the most capable one among us with weaponry, but are we sure we can trust him? Did Loxare poison the spaghetti she made, why was she so eager to feed us when she never had before? Cap'n ordered this course set to begin with, did she know this was going to happen?

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN.

And then the OC is evil.

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

What if literally every one of us is acting suspicious in some way, then? Each of us starts to suspect each other for various things and eventually the OC reveals himself as evil mostly because he's annoyed that none of us are noticing him because we're all too suspicious of each other to pay attention to the things he's done.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, I really like this idea. XD What if it's a side affect of the alien's telepathy? Like, before he calms down enough to be able to actually send us messages, he's just emitting bursts of telepathic emotions that are subconsciously affecting all of us? So his own stress is manifesting in us, making us all not only behave strangely ourselves, but become increasingly paranoid as well. But the OC will still be the evil one. I like this plan.