The gang of Intergalactic Ninja Vampire Space Pirates (A.k.a The I.N.V.S.P.)

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Lauriam, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I do think it's worth watching - for my fam, we saw the anime first, and I actually put off reading the manga for a long time because
    I really didn't want to see some people die.
    But yeah, the anime is much different, it changes right after the first major battle against Arachnophobia. Right after they get off the boat, everything takes a major, major twist, and almost everything is different after that. The anime is much more light-hearted and ends on a much happier note (though urgh, the ending is actually super annoying) but it's still really fun to watch, and I will say that the anime expounds on Stein's madness a lot more than the manga did. And as Stein is my favorite and I have a voice-crush on Chuck Huber, it's great.

But I think the Manga is better, because while the anime was super fun and my sisters and I loved it, the manga had me crying in a few different parts, both for happiness and sadness, and the feels, man. There are so many feels. I absolutely loved the manga, and it restored a little of my faith in humanity, even. XD

So to me, the manga was infinitely better, but I do still recommend watching the anime. It will always have a special place in my heart, and I do still watch it through sometimes.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

A lot of anime branch off and become separate stories from their manga when the anime catches up to the events in the manga to avoid spoiling each other. It's also why long-running series like Naruto or Bleach end up with so much filler content.
    Eventually it's possible that My Hero Academia will also have to split off, but I'm pretty certain that if it does that won't be until season 3 or later.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, that's what I've heard. Although I love manga and anime, I didn't get to see much until very recently, so my knowledge on it is slim. So far, I've read Death Note, Soul Eater, and when I was younger, the first like, 500 issues or so of Naruto, but I realized one day that I just didn't like it almost at all so I stopped reading it. XD As for Anime, I've seen all of Soul Eater and Mushi-Shi (Which I'd say is probably my favorite of what I've seen so far) and then I'm caught up on Is It Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon, and Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto. I've also seen all of Poyo-Poyo and I've seen a little bit of The Devil is a Part Timer and... Oh, that one anime, I don't really care for it so I can't remember what it's called. Something about a good world or something? With the shut-in who dies and goes to a different world and takes the goddess Aqua with him and they join a guild and form a party with that little witch who only uses Explosion Magic and that really annoying girl knight who pretty much just wants to be raped? I don't like that one very much, but it's got its funny moments, I guess... I'm trying to remember if I've seen anything else. lol, Kinda sad that I can list all the manga and anime I've ever seen in one paragraph, eh? XD[DOUBLEPOST=1468104086][/DOUBLEPOST]OH MY GOSH, FAIRY TAIL! HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT FAIRY TAIL? XD

I've seen all of Fairy Tail up to the creepy salesgirl with the mechanical dragon, the one obsessed with selling food. And I read the entirety of the Fairy Tail Manga up to when they all just found Juvia and are about to go get Gray, after the whole year-long time skip thing. I haven't read or watched further than that, however, because A. My husband isn't as caught up on the story as I am, so he feels bad for holding me back, but at the same time, he wants to catch up and feels disappointed if I watch it without him, and B. Because I was keeping up with it with my two youngest sisters who also love it, and after I moved away, we all just kinda stopped, so we've made plans to all catch up together next time we see each other.

But yeah, I can't believe I forgot about Fairy Tail. XD

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

That would be KonoSuba, which I've also seen. I enjoyed it for its silliness, though Darkness definitely concerned me with her excessive masochism.
    If you're in want of any recommendations, I'm definitely one to ask since I've seen quite a few good series recently.
    I'd recommend Charlotte and Rokka no Yuusha from last year, for a start. I'd recommend those to everyone here actually.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Awesome, thanks, Pine! :) I'm always looking for new stuff to watch, though I'm always daunted by a series with like 600 episodes, so I tend to go for animes with shorter runs or that are new. XD

Have you seen any Divine Gate? I'm interested in that one (but I'm waiting to be able to watch the English version on that one because Chuck Huber XD) but a lot of people seem to dislike it.

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

I've never watched a series with tons of episodes. I watched one with 57 once and that's the most I've gone for. So anything I could recommend is either 12-13 episodes or 25-26.

I've not seen that, no, so unfortunately I can't really offer any insight on that one.

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, cool. XD I'll definitely try those two that you mentioned. :) Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1468109507][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey @DarkTraitor , I was about to edit the OP to include our recent Space Serpent pet and the fact that the Saber is alive now, and I noticed that you have not been officially reinstated as an active crew member. Would you like to choose a new nickname and color, or do you just want the old one recolored and added to the roster? (Along with a note that you prefer to go by Pine, of course. XD)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  8. Pinekaboo Chaser

I'm open to suggestion on new roles I could take, since being an anchor does get a bit dull. As for colour, I'm happy to have either this yellow. It's the second from the top.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alrighty! I'll change the color right away, and as for nicknames... Hmm... I'll be thinking about that, though it's been a long time since I've thought about trying to nickname someone. XD

10. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Hmmm. For short anime, I like Madoka, Steins Gate, Baccano, DRRR, and Parasyte. That last one is not child friendly by the way. No nudity, lots of violence. Actually, all of these are pretty violent... Full Metal Alchemist is a bit longer if you count both series. For manga, I'm caught up with Bleach and Fairy Tail, and one called Smile Sotomura-san, which isn't popular enough to have an anime, but it's pretty good. D.Gray-Man's release schedule is bugging me, but I'm keeping up with that one too (don't watch the anime DON'T WATCH THE ANIME).

I stopped watching the Bleach anime right after the Bound filler arc because YTV refused to air the next one. Same thing with Naruto before the time skip. I mean, I could keep watching online, but meh. I know what happens. Honestly, I haven't watched much anime at all this past year or two. All my attention has been taken up by comic books and all 75 years of those.

Keeping the conversation going for no reason~!

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

No it's totally a great reason and GOSH I forgot Fullmetal Alchemist too! XD

I've seen maybe the first part of Fullmetal Alchemist and I really liked it, but I just haven't gone much farther than that. Maybe it's because I learned about
    the Sewing Life Alchemist's later return and I really didn't want to watch it because Chuck Huber. XD I WANTED HIM TO BE GOOD! I KNEW HE WAS GONNA TURN OUT EVIL BUT I SO WANTED HIM TO BE GOOOOOOD AND INSTEAD HE TURNED OUT TO BE THE WORST OF THE WORST AND IT WAS WITH CHUCK HUBER'S VOICE!!! XD
    But yeah, I already know to stay away from Parasyte, but thanks for the warning. XD I've seen enough clips of that show to know it's not for me. XD I'm okay with a bit of violence and gore, and it doesn't usually bother me to see it in media, but there comes a point where it gets to be too much, imo. XD

12. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

He only comes back in the original series. Actually, I don't think he's anywhere in Brotherhood. And besides, in the original, he's not super horrible after his return. Still ridiculously creepy, and nothing he does erases what he did in the first bit of FMA, but he also doesn't really do anything worse. Arguably.

Just watch Brotherhood and avoid this entirely. It'll be better for everyone.

Apparently Tokyo Ghoul is also horribly violent. I haven't seen it yet because I'n stubborn and I don't want to, but a friend has and she spent the entire time debating if the story was good enough for her to ignore the gore and continue watching.

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Actually, I'm pretty curious. Is Brotherhood like, an AU?

14. Pinekaboo Chaser

The original FMA anime series branched off completely to avoid having to rely on filler content. Technically it's the AU. Brotherhood is a more faithful adaptation of the original manga.

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ahh that explains why I didn't recognise the name, I've only seen Brotherhood, not the original.

I've not watched Tokyo Ghoul but I've read most of the manga. It's good but it does have some quite dark bits. That said I probably should finish that. I read most of it in one go but then randomly stopped at a point (probably got distracted with another manga) and haven't gone back to it. I later found out I stopped like 10 chapters off the end but I still haven't got around to reading them. I know someone who loves the series and is really annoyed at me for doing that.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Ahh that makes sense. I'll probably do that, then. :)

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

*Raises glass*

A toast to all the people who have left or are planning on leaving this site. Many of our friends were made here, and we owe a moment of gratitude to the staff who have kept it going for all these years, as well as our well-wishes that they be successful in their future endeavours.

Many of the people leaving have likened the site to a sinking ship, and it's likely that KHV won't be around for much longer, or at the very least will be a Ghost Ship if it indeed remains. I plan to stick around and see it through, in case somehow the site pulls through, because I for one don't feel like I've outgrown the place, and I love this site and gosh, now I'm starting to tear up, lol. XD I might be naiive, I might be silly and sentimental, but this site has got me through most of my life and still is the place where most of my friends are, so I'm just hoping that we make it. But if we don't...

I've never done much twitter or tumblr, but for those of you pirates who want to stay in touch with me, I just made a Discord account like, four days ago. Idk how it works, but my username is the same there, Marushi. If you guys want to like, invite me or something, that's fine with me. :)

And for you pirates who are still present and active, I think I trust you with my fb, if you want to send me a PM, I'll tell you my name so you can look me up, if you're more a fb person than a Discord person.

That said, however, a good Cap'n goes down with the ship, so worry not; this isn't goodbye from me. I'm sticking through till the very end, and hoping we pull out stronger on the other side. :)

And so, a toast! To the fortunes and good luck we wish our absent friends, to the people we owe our gratitude, to the gif parties and our failed attempts at April Fool's day jokes, and to this wonderful site that allowed us to become this beautiful family.

To KHV and to the INVSP!

18. Glen Returned from the dead

With the way things are, any excuse to drink is a welcome one from me.

TO THE OL' GHOST SHIP KHVIDEUS, WE HARDLY KNEW YE

ARR SHITE, FORGOT ME GLASS
    *raises glass*
    THARR WE GO

19. Pinekaboo Chaser

Don't worry Captain. My morbid curiosity won't let me leave until everything's done. You'll not be alone on the ship while it goes down.

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Just wanna say when I wrote my toast up there, I had no idea that Tale and Cat had been banned. Because I'm Donna Noble in Doctor Who and I always miss the spaceships over London and never have any idea what's going on. But now I have a little more of an idea what happened, and since Tale was a beloved member of this crew, we owe him a special toast as well.

And Cat was a member of the crew for a little while in the early days, but she became inactive shortly thereafter. However, once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen.

So another toast, this one more specifically to Tale and Cat. May their days be filled with joy and peace and may they be successful in everything they do! May they know how much they will be missed, and that we stand by them both.

*raises another glass*

To Tale and Cat!