The Final War, Light Vs Dark

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Aelin, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero only stared at the R replica with sadness; this was one of the things she feared would happen and felt horrible for it. She then took a deep breath then looked at R again, "I'm so sorry..." She said, her voice sad yet determined. Xero stepped forward toward R, then walking became running, her scythe held in her hand ready to attack. When she was close enough R had suddenly disappeared and was now behind her. Xero quickly flung her body to face the other way and block the blade R had used to try and stab her with. She was able to parry with him once again, push his sword to the ground, flip over him, and when R got up Xero gave him a roundhouse kick against his head.

R fumbled backwards but quickly recovered and manifested a new weapon, a chained cycle. He twirled it around a bit before flinging it toward Xero, but she dodged it. He only kept trying to fling it at her and finally she had to block it with her scythe.

Bad idea.

The chain wrapped around the hilt of her scythe and R yanked the weapon from her hands, disarming her in the process. Xero stood there wide eyed, her scythe was now in the hands of the enemy. R then dissipated the chained weapon and held Xero's scythe, seemingly testing it out before charging at her with it. Xero was practically frozen in place with no idea what to do now.

"Reflectiga!" She cried just as R swung the scythe at her and it simply bounced off the shield. R kept hitting the shield over and over, the reflectiga beginning to crack. Xero was beginning to panic, without her scythe she was basically useless. You can't go hand to hand with someone with a giant blade.

'Don't be afraid...'

A voice appeared in Xero's head and she nearly lost focus in the fight from it.

'This is the manifestation of one of your fears, is it not...? '

Xero just stood there rather confused. Manifestation? This isn't the real R?

'It is the first part of your trial... To fight your fears... How do you plan to help your friend once he is consumed by Him...? Surely you don't plan to kill him because of it... Do you...?

Xero's eyes widened, she had to find a way to help R, but how the hell was she to do what he did before? She didn't have that kind of magic or abilities. She had to find an alternative... Pushing the overwhelming darkness out of him.

She had to fight Ansem himself.

R had swung the scythe and the reflectiga suddenly shattered, leaving Xero exposed to any form of attacks now. She leapt out of the way of the oncoming blade and skidded to a stop, only to have R charge toward her immediately after. Xero quickly began throwing blizzigas at R's feet, making him frozen to the ground.

Once that was done, Xero ended up kicking the scythe out of R's grip and then her hands began to glow a fiery aura. She pushed up on her legs and her hands hit against R's chest as she came upward, "Release!" Xero shouted a spell command and immediately after a dark pulse shot throughout R's body and caused something to fly outward from the back of R.

The manifestation of R faded away and revealed Ansem behind him, his face full of anger. Xero picked up her scythe from the ground and glared at the Ansem manifestation that stood before her, "I'm not running away this time..." She said quietly to herself, "I'll beat you into the cold, hard ground!"

2. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Kross joined in, closing his eyes as he held hands with Ananta and another person of the group. He breathed in, feeling the same entrancing sensation. He could feell himself flying, it was a strange feeling, a cross between flying and falling.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and dared to look. There was a stain glass pillar, not unlike the first time he ever got his keyblade, it had his picture on it, a picture of himself sleeping, curled up. He re-oriented himself and landed slowly on his feet, looking around. He could see the others on their own individual pillars, but he didn't make any effort to call out to them. He heard a flash and he looked over, first came the sword ebroided door the path of power is this way, enter if you dare. Next came the shield ebroided door. The path of the guardian is through here, enter as you wish. Then finally, the door with the staff embroided in it appeared. The path of the Mystic..your path, your destiny, enter and test your wisdom. He looked at the three and then slowly took his steps. He walked towards the mystic door and gripped the handle. He slowly twisted it and opened the door. His eyes widened and his lips parted as he entered, he was in the Mysterious Tower, the base of his master, Yen Sid. on Yen Sid's empty desk was an open book, a huge open book reminiscent to his Master's spell book. He approached and reached out, once he touched a finger to it, a spark emenated, making him jump a bit as clear letters began to appear before him, shifting around until they were forming a series of words.

I open up, not visibly
    I break, but not literally
    I play the drum
    I can feel numb
    I am the one great mystery

A riddle..he opened the wisdom door and got a riddle. He quietly watched the letters float, thinking about it for a second. He then took the H from the in the third line, E from the open in the first line, A from the play in the third line, R from the literally in the second line...and T from the mystery in the last line.

The answer...is the Heart.

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

The words Kross dragged into place began to glow with a brilliant white light, enough to make him cover his eyes. Soon enough, he was back on his station of awakening. The other two doors had vanished, but the wisdom door remained the same. Across it, an impressive array of multicolored lights shone. Unexpectedly, the door shattered. The pieces of it began floating, spiraling around each other, until finally they collected back into one solid mass. This time, it was quite a bit smaller than a door. It was a single piece of metal. Although, without even touching it one could tell it was no ordinary piece of metal. In it alone was more power than most could ever dare to dream of possessing. Levitating over into Kross' hands, the translucent stairway began acting up. Each step flashed with a light and became solid, able to be stood on. The path to the X-blade's mold was open to him.

[​IMG]
    R himself didn't pay much mind to the others. He had confidence that they could finish their trials without fail. He stood between the three doors. He had some idea of what awaited beyond each one, but what he ended up deciding was the trial of power. Marching over to the blade-engraved door, he pushed it open. Light flooded his vision, until he could see naught but white. As sight returned to him, he was standing in some sort of no place. He could feel ground beneath his feet, although none could be seen. All there was in any direction was a dim grey sky, full of clouds. If R's personality had an appearance, this is exactly how it would look. Vast, yet empty and lifeless. Raising his head, he easily identified the one which would be his trial, his test of strength.

"How fitting, that you would be the one i face. How i wish we could have met again under different circumstances..." R said quietly. The figure was one he never believed he would see again. Clad entirely in white, he was pale and possessed bright blonde hair and piercing sky blue eyes. He wore a coat not dissimilar to R's, in a similar color scheme to his facial features. Many years ago, he had battled him and struggled immensely. It was this man that taught him the value of life. It was by his will that R first sought to build a world of perfection. This man...Was R's nobody.

"Indeed." The man said before letting out a heavy, theatrical sigh. "But as you know, with every rose must come thorns. I believe you can guess why i'm standing before you. I am the trial to test your strength. In order to claim your fragment, you must defeat me in combat."

"If that's the way it must be...Then so be it. To protect what is truly important, i will overcome you."

"You've changed...The fear you once kept in our heart has disappeared...Replaced by something else. Ahah...I see...She must be important to you. You were once known as the rage of the shadows. Yet, you've turned into such tranquil darkness. Love is a mysterious power, is it not?"

"Enough." R interrupted. The look in his eyes was unmistakable. He had the intent to kill. If that was what the trial demanded, then that was what would happen. "There is one reason you have returned to being. Let us fulfill that purpose."

"As you wish, R."

"Then let's begin...I"

[​IMG]
    The Replica of R was certainly not a hollow shell of the real thing. As he let himself be tripped by the leg sweep, he too attempted to stagger his opponent by driving a balled fist into the back of his kneecap. A mere second before hitting the ground, the skintight darkness which appeared as tattoos emerged from his skin, and he took flight. On his hands grew clawed gloves. It was this technique which had defeated Gexln in the mansion the first time. As quickly as he had retreated, R's manifestation flew back into the fray. Slightly above Gexln, R spun 360 degrees, with bow this arms outstretched. His right hand was aimed to cut Gexln's chest, and his left clawed through a dark corridor, attacking his back simultaneously.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Ananta waited for R to begin the process. Holding hands with Anta and Kross, she did not close her eyes like many others had. She watched as the black beam shot at each person's body and chest. "Anta, close your eyes." she said to her son. Looking at Anta, she saw he had closed his eyes just before the beam shoot through his crystal and chest, his heart emerging from it. Ananta watched as everyone else had their hearts ripped from their bodies. Every person floated there as their hearts floated towards the source of the beams in the middle. Ananta was last, looking determined at the beam that shot at her crystal and pierced her body. The last thing she remembered seeing was her heart, drifting towards the place with the rest.

Opening her eyes as she floated down an endless ocean. Her eyes were fixated on a stained glass platform underneath her. She saw herself, curled up with a picture of the Mother Crystal in the middle of a circle with pictures of her dearest friends. Kross, Eon, Dawn, Dusk, Anta, and Karina's faces were there. There was a picture of her world behind even this circle, that focused on the park at the base of the Mother Crystal. Readjusting herself as she made it close to the platform, she landed and looked around at the others. They were all approaching a door of their choosing. Anta was just walking through his door. Kross was nowhere in sight. It was just Ananta now.

Stepping towards the doors that appeared in front of her, Ananta looked at each one. Sword, staff, shield. "I'm a Mystic, so I'll choose...staff." she said, stepping forward as the door opened in front of her. Closing her eyes to the bright light, she stood stood in a room, devoid of anything but white walls and floor. Letters and words began to appear in front of her, creating a riddle. At the bottom, a symbol blinked and a keyboard appeared, prompting her to input an answer. Ananta walked towards the floating words.

In the end you will wonder
    At my feet you have blundered
    In the beginning you did laugh
    As if I was a gaff
    But lo and behold
    Weeping and crying
    Did not stop the shaft

Blinking at the puzzle, she scoffed. "This one isn't too hard." she said, looking at the keyboard. Her fingers tapped at the letters, spelling out her answer. "Death." she mimicked her answer, pressing enter. The puzzle seemed to accept her answer and soon disappeared, revealing a door that lead out of the area. Ananta stepped into the door and closed her eyes, the bight light stung.

Anta closed his eyes and gasped as he felt a sharp pain in his chest. His mom didn't want him to see what was going on, but he could imagine it. His grip on her hand and the person next to him loosened as he felt his body lighten. Opening his eyes once more, he was staying up at a bright blue light far above him. His body rolled over and he looked down. A platform beneath him appeared as light spread across it. It revealed a picture of him curled up. Behind him was a circle that had the faces of Dawn, Dusk, Ananta, Beuce, and two circles were hidden behind him. Behind that circle was a view of a tree that he used to sleep under. The Mother Crystal was in the distance, behind some buildings. He landed on the platform and looked around. His mother wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Mom?" he called out. None of the others seemed to be listening, or rather, they couldn't hear him at all. In front of him, three doors appeared.

Looking at the doors, he came to his own conclusion. 'The sword must mean strength, the wand probably meant smarts, and the shield means protection. I guess.' he thought. Closing his eyes, he spun around in place and stopped, pointing his arm at the shield door. 'Well, I've always wanted to protect people. Especially Dawn...' he trailed off, shaking his head. Stepping towards the door, he looked to see a platform appeared next to him. Looking up, he saw his mother floating down. 'Good luck.' he thought, grabbing the door handle and walking in.

His eyes closed at the sudden change into a bight light. His eyes opened again to see he was in his home. Shaking his head, Anta looked to see the study room door was open and a fire was crackling inside. The smell of a cigar wafted through the air as he approached. Knocking on the door as he entered, he heard a voice that was one he missed dearly. "Come in, my son." he said, blowing a puff of smoke into the air. Anta kept stepping in, approaching a large chair staring at the fire. The chair turned to reveal it was his father, Beuce, speaking to him. He wore a dark red robe with a purple ascot tucked in. He had dark blue pants underneath the robe and loafers on his feet. A bottle of wine and glass half empty was sitting on a table with matches and a cigar case. "I've been wanting to tell you something. Something important." he said, sucking on the cigar and blowing smoke at Anta. "I've never liked you. Never liked your mother either. Could have had a better life. But look, I died because of you and your mother. Neither of you tried to stop this. And here I am, stuck in limbo, smoking cheap cigars and drinking rotten wine while wearing a cheesy father's attire." he grumbled.

Anta couldn't believe what he was hearing. "But, dad, you loved mom. You said it to her every day! And you always had time to play with me. You said you loved me too!" he retorted, stamping a foot. "I tried my best to protect you and mom! I really did! It's not my fault you died, it really isn't!" he said, tears stinging the corner of his eyes. "You just...appeared and...then...a younger you killed you...I didn't want you to die...I really didn't." he sobbed, hiccuping and wiping his eyes.

"Don't lie, I read your diary. There were some words about me you wrote that I don't like"
    "It's a diary I write in when I get angry. Of course there's bad things in it!"
    "Then what about that time when you smashed that vase?"
    "it was an accidental keyblade swing, you know that!"
    "Then what-"

"Stop!" he yelled out, holding his hands in front of him. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't protect you, dad. I really am. But you're gone now, I can't bring you back. None of us can. And mom's moving on. I think. I don't know. Anyway, yeah, you were my dad, but to be honest, I didn't really like how sad and unhappy you were. I sort of think you're happier now that you're dead. So please, don't say mean things to me. I know they're not true. I'm sorry, I should have protected you better. But I've found somebody else to protect and I will protect her, I will. Sorry dad, I have to go. I've got a big bad guy to defeat. Have fun in limbo." he waved, looking to see the door he entered was back and it seemed to be leading out into another bright light. Anta stepped towards it, the study began to melt away as he walked through the door, eyes closed.

[​IMG]

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

The young red head stood frozen, staring into fear itself. Nothing was more daunting to her then the idea of Xindai, and the control that he showed that he possessed against her darkness. Even now with learning how to control her darkness, she couldn't stand the thought of him controlling it again.
    "what's wrong?" Xindai taunted the frozen Xephhiras. Even though she couldn't feel fear she couldn't stop the voice in her mind telling her to run. "Come on, show me that darkness again. I sense it runs deep." Xindai continues. Something stirred in Xephhiras, power that was hidden deep down. "I see it is stronger then last time, what happened? Wait I think.I know, your dear sister died didn't she. Oh yes I remember now." The darkness in Xephhiras began to grow, her eyes turned from the pale red that they remained after being made a nobody, to a blood red. A chuckle rang through the air around them, it seemed Xindai was finding great joy in this, but Xephhiras was struggling, she soon fell to one knee. "Just as weak as before. Being a nobody has changed nothing I see." Xindai turned away from Xephhiras seeing she had no courage to stand against him. It seemed the trial was over.

"N-no..."
    Xephhiras stammered.
    "No?"
    "No I won't show you the darkness." Xephhiras started stand to her feet, the presence of darkness around her fading but not gone.
    "But you already have. You lose." Xindai replied in a sly tone.
    "I won't lose to you. I promise you that." By this point the darkness was completely suppressed and Xephhiras was standing tall. Before any more words could escape Xindai's lips a bright light surrounded Xephhiras. She found herself standing back on her broken platform, staring at the door engraved with a shield. The door soon broke and recollect as a smaller object, stares appeared to the platform in the middle. Xephhiras soon found herself running up the stairs to the mold where she would soon place her piece she collected.

Meanwhile inside one of the doors of strength, the brash woman stood in front of an opponent. One that had ester her many times in the past, drivingbuwr to be stronger. "I was never able to beat him before, but here is to hoping." Karina mumbled as she charged forward to attack. Her attack was quickly deflected and she was struck with great force. The force he was hot with wad greater then she had experienced in previous battles against him. "W-what is this?" Karina pushed herself to her feet once again and got ready to attack once again with no avail. She was knocked to the ground, this time Aux.walked over and kicked her onto her back. "You just don't know when to quit, do you?" He chuckled.
    "I can't lose. I must beat you to pass this test. I need to help.forge the keyblade."
    "Well I'm in a good mood, I will give you a hint to success, strength doesn't always lie in sheer physical force." Aux warned, not making his meaning clear. He stepped back to allow Karina to stand. "Shall we try this again?" He offered.
    Karina stood and charged at Aux once again, but before she closed the distance Aux let off a great display of darkness, a sense of power that deserved great fear. Karina stopped and even stepped back slightly. She considered Aux's words.

"I can't do this alone, I need help. Even then I may not he able to over come it...." Karina talked quietly to herself.
    "That is exactly right." The voice in the room at changed, looking up Kuma stood before her. "Strength does not only lie in your physical abilities but the ability to admit you need help and may lose." The voice.drifted away into a blanket of white before Karina found herself back on her station of awakening with a stair case in front of her. "I'll be sure to remember that, thank you." Karina said out loud before continuing.up the stairway.

"So here we are again. How has life been treating you Sis?" A tall man stood in front of the young mysterious woman.
    "None of your business. I am here for one reason only, to defeat you." Dawn told her brother, her words filled with icy shards.
    "Cold. So how should we decide the Victor?" Dmitri replied.
    "Same as always, until a.fatal blow is dealt, but this time we use real weapons.." As Dawn charged forward she was reminded of her youth, the duels she had with her brother. Just like back then, every move he made was slow, but precisely calculated. Each action decided based on an estimate of what she would do next. Her moves based on out speeding him. "Well India, let's see if what you taught me is any good." Dawn said as she began to implement new strategies. Not only did she rely on speed bit she picked up a few tricks on how to encourage certain reactions, how to counter her brothers thought process. Using these tactics it didn't take long before her rusty sword pierced his chest. "Check mate." She said as she removed her sword and turned away from her brother allowing the light to engulf her. It was clear even after all these years she held a grudge against Dmitri for what he did. She killed him without a second though, her own brother, even though it was simply a projection of her heart. Dawn looked around at the other platforms before following lead of those who had already finished.

I am the first you ever saw,
    what greets you every morning
    and what goes out in the end.

These words floated in front of Louvel. He read each one carefully out loud before repeating them a couple times. Below the riddle floated letters he was to use to make the answer. The boy pondered for a minute before he began to drag and rearrange letters. In the end a word was formed to the right of the riddle. Light. "The answer fits with the Wielder. I am sire Tue riddle us different for Tue others who chose this door. It was based upon what I spent my life researching, interesting." Louvel stated, he was obviously intrigued by the workings of this trial. Nearly as soon as it started it had ended. Louvel stood outside the door as it shattered. He watched in wonder and the fragments reformed. "Well isn't that nifty." He said with a smile as he calmly made his way up the stares.

Eric on the other hand was having a little more trouble with his riddle.
    A nightmare for some.
    For others, as a saviour I come.
    My hands, cold and bleak,
    it's the warm hearts they seek.

"It isn't heartless, the letters given aren't right. What else could it be." He had a few other ideas but one part kept throwing him off.
    "A nightmare for some... For others, as a saviour I come. What is both a nightmare and a saviour. Several answers swirls in his head and he began to guess. Finally he landed on one last thought. "Death." He said ad he began to rearrange the letter. To his surprise it was correct. Eric could not fathom why death would be a saviour. Death was the punishment for wrong doings in a life time. How soon it came depended on how many and how severe the wrong doings.

"Why am I debating this, let's just get this done with." Eric ended the fight in his head that tried to make sense of the answer. It was time he finished his goal here in order to finish his ultimate goal later on.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln's battle was going almost exactly as it had the first time he had battled R. From the way R had fought, his reactions to it, and even the attacks themselves were the same. His instincts were practically demanding he react the same way as he had before, which was a little odd. Was this part of the trial? Was this a way of seeing if he were at all capable of change, as Verox had once told him to?

As the claw struck him in the back of the kneecap, he felt himself fall forward. If the R manifestation thought the fight was over though, it wasn't; not by a long shot. With a brilliant surge of darkness, Gexln released it around himself in a miniature explosion; his Dark Pulse technique, knocking R back and avoiding the attack. He whirled around quickly now and stared straight at his opponent.

"If you were the real R, you'd know that some things have changed since this fight. Firstly" he said, shifting his posture a little so he was in a more defensive position, "I'm not as guns blazing as I once was" Gexln stated. "Secondly, I'm not scared of my past anymore, it holds no sway over me" he explained bluntly. He then held Darkness' Sorrow above his head, and his right hand next to it. He thought of all that had had an impact on his life that were no longer around, and those that still were.

He thought of Kaxar, who had died for him, he thought of Verox, who had died saving Xero and Kaxar, he thought of his brother Damax, and his old friend Luke, both who had perished by his hand but had done so to help him regain control over his darkness, he thought of Kaya and Valinton, victims of Natana's wrath. He thought of Xindai, the man he had helped stop, but had awakened a new darkness inside of him. He thought of Xepphiras, the girl he had failed to teach but felt some obligation to protect for R's sake.

He thought of Beuce...Beuce..Beuce..the one that did..that thing...okay, maybe Beuce wasn't as big of an impact as he had initially thought. He thought of Dane, the man that had murdered his homeworld and father, and had ultimately caused him to become much, much stronger. He thought of Caleb, the boy that had opposed him but reminded him of his desire to protect others. He thought of Juliet, his daughter and the person that had reminded him of the promises he made to Kara. He thought of R, one person he had once tried to murder but now thought of as a close friend and powerful ally. And finally, he thought of Xero. The girl that had initially been almost an annoyance, but had gradually brought back what humanity he had once abandoned, had caused him to have some sort of hope again. He would not disgrace the memories of those who had fallen for his sake, and he would not fail those that still survived, relying on him.

Those thoughts in mind, his keyblade materialised in his hand. He swung the keyblades down in front of him, as he stared at the fake R intensely. His eyes were full of determination and aggression, yet retained a look of knowing. All thoughts of messing around were gone from Gexln's mind, the true Nobody of the Dark was ready to fight. "And thirdly, fake R, I have people relying on me to kick your ass" he stated, now dashing forward and holding out his keyblades to the side, before swinging them forward and towards each other in a sort of cross pattern.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  7. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    The scenery began to change again after Ansem had givin Xero a dark grin; the world twisted and manipulated until everything was completely different. The area was now nothing but blackness with a few rocks floating around, the ground rippled with white circles wherever Xero stepped. She looked around to see that Ansem had disappeared and she was left to wander, intensely focusing on her surroundings with her scythe in hand.

A chuckle echoed around her and a voice soon followed, "Foolish child." Xero suddenly felt something slam into her back and throw her forward; she caught herself by doing a cartwheel and quickly turned to the front to see Ansem already there to throw an explosive orb at her. Xero was thrown back once again only to have something grab her by the arm and fling her into the ground. She looked up to see that Ansem's Guardian had done it and she tried getting up, only to have the Guardian pull her up by the collar of her shirt. She only looked at the Guardian with a glare then was thrown once again but this time her back hit one of the floating rocks.

Xero let out a cry if pain as she collided with the rock and fell to the ground. She quickly tried getting up and just in time to block one of Ansem's explosive orbs he had thrown at her. He then suddenly flash stepped toward her and Xero flung her scythe at him, only to have the blade be blocked by the Guardian and bounce off. She stumbled backwards, and Ansem used it as an opening to slash at her with his sword. Xero barely blocked the attack before she jumped back and then tried hitting Ansem with a scythe engulfed in a dark firaga. But it was a futile attempt, for the guardian had blocked it and caught her scythe in midswing.

Ansem suddenly came forward and punched the girl in the stomach with a dark aura around his fist. Xero let out a gasp as the wind was knocked out of her and thrown back once again. She lied on the ground with wide eyes, knowing that she was probably going to die. What the hell was she supposed to do? How was she supposed to beat him like this? Xero could feel something within her begin to stir and it made her feel uncomfortable.

Ansem had walked over to Xero and put his foot on her chest to hold her down; Xero only winced once she felt her ribcage begin to be crushed, "What did you expect to do against me?" Ansem spoke with a dangerously low voice, his eyes narrowed with rage at the girl, his foot slowly beginning to crush Xero's ribs as he forcefully began to put his foot down.

"Did you expect to simply walk out of here alive? No... I'm going to constantly beat you until you are broken and battered. I'm going to slowly pick away at your very soul until you beg for the mercy of death. I'm going to make you suffer the excruciating pain I felt while being ripped away from one body and forced into another. I will break you. I will make sure you won't get out of here alive. You will be NOTHING!" Ansem stomped on Xero's chest as he spoke that last word, making her cry out in pain. Ansem then picked her up by the neck and glared at her with bloodlust. He then threw her to the side, making his Guardian catch her in midair and hold her in place. Xero only stared wide eyed at the ground, not knowing what to do anymore. She only sat there, now clearly outmatched. But she couldn't just stop. She had come too far to simply give up. Ansem had already caused her much pain and suffering, and he was going to have to be repaid somehow... To the fullest.

Xero felt a bubbling feeling rise up from her stomach and let out a small laugh. She only looked up at Ansem with a rather twisted smile and a sinister look in her eyes, "You know... slowly breaking me and picking away at my soul would usually work... except..." The grin on her face now began to stretch from ear to ear, her eyes filled with hysteria, "I'm, technically, already dead." A laugh escaped her lips once again. Ansem simply took the hilt of his sword and drove the blade straight through Xero's stomach. The smile on her face hasn't faltered in the slightest, she only gave Ansem the same look he gave her with her eyes. A dark aura began radiating off of Xero, her eyes suddenly fluttered closed only to have a violent explosion of darkness erupt once she opened them again. The shockwaves knocked both Ansem and the Guardian backward and away from her, but when Ansem looked at the girl her appearance changed to a rather familiar form and didn't look surprised by it at all.

8. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

Kross imput the last letter, the moment he did, he covered his eyes with his arm and narrowed them against the bright light. It took a moment but the light faded, revealing a metallic shard. It floated towards him and he reached out his hand, taking it. An unfamiliar buzz of power emenated from the shard the moment he took hold of it. He looked at it, in shock, then his face softened to a tiny grin. He did it. He saw another flash from the corner of his eye and he looked to see a set of stairs leading up. Slowly, he followed the steps until he came to a mold, an empty mold shaped into the all familiar x-blade. He looked at the metal shard for a moment, then slowly held it out over the mold, placing it in. The mold flashed white for a second and died down, it looked like he finished first, now to wait and pray for the others's success. He stood by the mold and stared at the steps, soon..soon others would come and place their pieces in the mold, and then this could all be over with.

9. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

The fight was intense from the second it started. As R crafted his darkness into constructed weapons, he made a different one with each attack. I, meanwhile, manipulated his very body into an eerie white substance somewhere between a solid matter and free energy. Blades a spikes sprouted from his arms long enough for an attack, only to vanish back into their owner. The two halves of the world seemed to be evenly matched, the sounds of their clashes echoing throughout the empty abyss. I swiped a glowing claw at R's stomach, but the heartless managed to dodge and counter with a swift strike from a black spear. With inhuman flexibility, I bent backwards to avoid the stab. From that position, his knee spiked outward, knocking R far back into the air. Wasting no time in taking advantage of the opening, I's clawed arm extended via the white darkness and grabbed R's shirt. Retracting his arm, he pulled R toward him. Yet again with flexibility no normal human could hope to achieve, he swung his heel up and around his body, attempting to connect it with R's jaw.

Having fallen victim to this tactic once before, R was a bit better prepared to counter it. Constructing a gladius of darkness, he wedged it in the path of I's attack, stopping it in its tracks. With a burst of dark energy, R blew back all around him, forcing I back. "Do not think me so weak as to fall for that tactic again." I chuckled, seeming to acknowledge that R had gotten quite a bit stronger, as though that thought amused him. Thrusting his fingers into the ground, I extended them into massive, bending talons that swirled beneath their standing ground and aimed for R from beneath. Meanwhile, a similar action was performed with his back, with the talons coming from above. Converging on their target, an attack like this would be fatal if it hit.

[​IMG]
    Beuce decided it was about time he took the stage and started his trial. He walked along the station of awakening, examining each door. The trial of wisdom, the trial of courage, and the trial of strength. Beuce, however, interpreted these as "Pussy", "Sentimental", and "Badass" respectively. Naturally, he chose the third option. Putting his hand on the door, he pulled it open. Light filled his vision, and when it faded, he was in some sort of stone room. Nothing overly special about it, aside from the man standing in it. In it, was the one person he never hoped to see again...Himself.

"Jeez way to make it sound emo Ren..." "Sorry." "Eh. We should probably deal with this guy."
    [​IMG]
    The man in question was indeed himself, but the older version. He looked rather annoyed, rubbing his temples as though he had a headache.
    "What's wrong with you?"

"I just came from another trial....Tell me, does the phrase "Get daddy another beer" and throwing the bottle at the person's head translate to "I love you" in Atlantian?"
    "Don't think so."
    "I didn't think it did."

"Wait....Atlanti- You mean you can-"
    "Break the fourth wall? Yeah. For the purpose of this trial, i've regained my greatest strength. I'm just like you again. Let's do this...Rienzel"

Beuce staggered backwards. He...He had his own Rienzel. That meant he would be godmodded as all hell. This was going to be a difficult battle if there ever was one.

[​IMG]

The R replica staggered backwards at the attack. It was certainly a strong attack, and had clipped his shoulder. Grunting slightly at the pain, a black liquid trailed down his arm, the blood of a heartless. R backed off, getting out of the immediate range of Gexln. Continuing to fight him head on at the moment wouldn't end well for him. R watched Gexln closely, waiting for an opening. He was poised to counterattack the second one did open up.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln let slip a cocky grin. The attack had worked. Maybe not as he had planned, but it achieved a similar result. What happened next was unexpected though, with R jumping away. Knowing full well R was intelligent both in and out of battle, it made sense, but part of Gexln had been anticipating a head-on charge. If nothing else, he was going to get good practice at improvising on the battlefield. It was time to step things up and bring the battle to a close though, try and bring R down before he could pull off his Black Sun bullshittery. Keeping hold on the keyblade in his right hand, he hurled Darkness' Sorrow at R in the form of a strike raid. He knew very well that the blade wouldn't return in this attack as a keyblade would, but with any luck he would end it with that single attack there and then.

11. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Xero had gone into Arcane Mode, but something didn't seem right... It felt different to her than the last time she used it. She felt a heavy feeling in her chest, but she also felt something else; a possible untapped power that could either help her or destroy her. She clenched her fists as she glared at Ansem, "Now it's my turn." The runes on Xero's scythes began to glow, she flew at Ansem as she readied her weapons, charging an attack in front of her and once close enough she unleashed the stored energy within her blade and swung it as hard as she could letting out a grunt as she did.

The energy that came out of her blade sped toward Ansem with a black aura and collided with him as he tried to block it, throwing him backwards in the process. Xero flash stepped behind him and threw an explosive dark firaga at the man, sending him flying in the other direction once again. Ansem finally caught himself while he was about to fly into the ground then quickly jumped toward Xero, his guardian blocking her blade as she swung at him once again, catching her scythe as it did. Xero fought against the guardian for a moment, trying to make it let go of her weapon, but then eventually swung her other scythe at the creature's head and hit it, and it finally let go of the blade as it staggered back behind Ansem in pain.

Ansem then let out a frustrated cry as he then came at Xero fast, his staff in hand. He began to attack her head on, his blades colliding with the hilts of Xero's scythes as she constantly blocked his swings and followed wherever his blades were going. Eventually Ansem grew more and more frustrated and let out dark shockwaves as his last swing hit Xero's hilt. Xero was knocked back from this and groaned in pain as she felt the shockwaves hit her at point-blank range. She sat there trying to recover, but only for her vision to still be blurred and have a loud ringing in her ears. Soon she was able to stand but then she suddenly saw Ansem charging toward her and punch her in the stomach with a dark firaga infused fist. Xero staggered backwards, leaning forward, winded from the bold move and soon found a knee hitting her from under her jaw. Xero quickly jumped backward just in time to dodge Ansem's staff slamming down and into the ground instead of her. She felt the pain of her tongue being harshly bitten from being kneed on her bottom jaw and spat out the blood that filled her mouth.

"I've had about enough of this sh*t." Xero growled through her teeth as she glared at Ansem. He was charging at her again and she slammed the blades of her scythes into the ground, causing a giant crack to appear and quickly go toward Ansem, a glowing purple light emitting from underneath, then a large wall of black fire erupted from it, hitting Ansem and burning him. Xero flew into the air and looked at Ansem, her wings glowed a brighter color and she placed her scythes in front of her as she began charging a black orb in front of them. Ansem was still trying to recover from the sudden burning of his face and most of the front side of his body, the orb in front of Xero's scythes, getting bigger and bigger. Ansem was soon able to recover and Xero's attack was ready and she waisted no time, "This is for everything you've done to the world! Everyone you screwed over!" Xero practically screamed her words as the anger she had built up toward Ansem was finally being vented, "But most of all, it's for all of the horrible things you've done to R!" With that, Xero unleashed the orb and it rapidly flew at Ansem and exploding on impact with the ground, leaving a giant crater when it was done. Ansem was in the bottom of the crater and attempted to get up. He looked at Xero with a disturbingly amused smile and a small laugh then faded away.

Xero let out the biggest sigh of relief, as if she'd been holding her breath the whole time. She then fell to her knees in exhaustion, and reverted back to her original state. But then she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her chest and she cringed; she didn't know what just happened or why her Arcane Mode felt and looked different, but she was finally at peace with herself. A light suddenly appeared in front if her and the world began shifting around her bringing her back to the platforms that surrounded the X-Blade. A fragment appeared in front of her and she weakly stood up and took it in her hands. A stained glass staircase appeared leading to the X-Blade platform and she cautiously walked to it, hoping not to somehow break the glass or fall off. Once on the platform, Xero saw Kross waiting there and she stood by the mold and began to wait as well. She turned her head to look toward Gexln's platform with worried eyes, "Come on Gexln..." She said as her grip on the fragment tightened.

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    There it was. He had thrown one of his weapons, and left himself with only one. The opening was brief, and would only last for a second, but it was indeed an opening. Using the skintight darkness on his body to move himself at a much faster than normal rate, he flew at Gexln. The dark claws on his hands were poised to strike. Using his superior speed, he would strike, then be in another place altogether, and strike once more. Finally, it seemed as though he were going for a full frontal assault, when he vanished. The sound of a crackling fire could be heard behind Gexln's head as a dark firaga was held up to it. "Can you not salvage victory, even knowing what will happen?"

OOC: don't have time to post more than this at the moment. Will post the rest later.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    For a brief moment, Gexln was convinced he had been defeated. He had been stupid enough to throw away one of his weapons, his advantage in the battle against R. He had lost. Then that moment was gone, and he remembered he had planned for this. Using his brain in battle wasn't a strong point of Gexln's, but when he put his mind to it he could come up with a decent strategy every once in a while.

The end of Gexln's mouth curled into a sly smile. "Do you remember this moment, R? When you and I first met on that day, this is the moment you beat me. Dark firaga to my skull, threatening to end me if I tried anything. And here we are again, same situation. Replica or not, you certainly fight like the real thing. This is where your advantages end though. Your fighting like the original is a weakness, because this might be your first battle, but I've been in this situation before, and I know a way around it!" Gexln exclaimed, willing the darkness inside of Darkness' Sorrow to return to him. Quickly, the blade zoomed through the air and towards its owner's hand. The blade caught R from behind; in a spot he couldn't possibly have been watching, and slashed right through him before it stopped in Gexln's hand.

If the Nobody of the Dark knew anything about R, though, it was that one simple strike wasn't enough to defeat the heartless. Taking advantage of R's inevitable distraction, he spun around with both blades in his hands once more. Attacking R with each weapon, he began raining blow after blow down upon R, only to see that despite the heartless' earlier surprise he had now regained his composure, although he was bleeding quite quickly from the blade wound.

Faster and faster, stronger and stronger, each of Gexln's attacks collided with R's own weapon, being rendered useless. They were having an effect though, and the Nobody could see it. Each of the parries were getting quicker but clumsier, almost out of desperation now, R was on his last legs. If one attack got through, he would surely fall. After another six repetitions of attacking only to be parried, Gexln had an idea. If it were a real fight, one that wasn't inside of his mind, it would probably get him killed, but he wasn't there. This was a fight that he controlled the outcome of.

Swiftly, Gexln lashed out with one more, double-stabbing-forward attack, which as expected was blocked, before spinning around. He had done this a couple of times before in the battle, and R had seen it coming both times, but he wouldn't see this one coming; not in the way that was planned. Halfway around, Gexln stopped the spin and in the blink of an eye he thrusted both his keyblade and Darkness' Sorrow straight through his sides, narrowly avoiding his most vital organs, and impaling R on them. He couldn't see R due to standing in front of him, but he heard the sound of breathing stop.

With that, Gexln fell forward in the mansion foyer, but was immediately transported back to his platform from earlier, completely healed and with no sign of the injury. A piece of the x-blade came floating down from above. He snatched it out of the air; his prize for defeating R, and turned to look at the glass path that had appeared, leading to the x-blade. He thought of his daughter, Juliet, and wondered how hers was going, and then of Xero. He hoped they were alright, but he knew deep down that they were more than capable of completing it. Neither female was known for giving up, and both were very strong in his mind. He hurried down to the location of the x-blade now.

14. Kross123 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

It didn't take long until Kross spotted the female trudging up the stares, and even if she didn't show it, he could feel a sense of..victory seep off of her. She completed her task, and not a moment too soon either, he was getting bored and frankly, a little lonely. He saw her pause and turn away to look at something and he craned his neck, getting a look-see. SHe was looking right at Gexln's platform. "If there's one thing I know about that guy."He started, as if he could read her like a book."It's that he's very stubborn. He's too stubborn to fail this. Have faith." He said, for Xero would see Gelxn again. Something caught his attention. A flash of light appeared on Gexln's platform before he saw the boy receive his fragment and come running up to the mold, to where they were waiting. His lips upturned to a small smile."You did it, nice job."He said, turning to the mold."The others should be here soon..I'm putting my faith in them." and one particular person that had yet to come up and place her fragment in the mold: ANanta.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln made his way up the staircase and finally to the location of the x-blade mold. He had practically sprinted the whole way there, knowing how important it was that the x-blade be completed. Moving in leaps and bounds, he stopped when he got to the mold and, after a brief moment of figuring things out, placed his piece inside. The x-blade seemed to be taking form now. There was no longer just an empty space where it should be, their hope was beginning to seem closer and closer to coming to fruition.

He took a look around at who had completed their trial, and immediately noticed the absence of Juliet. She hadn't returned yet, which meant she could fail. For once, he found himself wishing he could take her place, fight instead of her, but he could not. However, Xero had completed hers. He flashed her a cocky grin, before opening his mouth to speak. "So looks like you and Kross managed to get your pieces too. Kross, maybe you're not the weak guy I knew all those years ago, and Xero..well..good to see that you're safe" he said, dropping the cocky act for the moment and embracing her in a hug.

[​IMG]
    Caleb, meanwhile, had only just started his trial. When presented with the three doors, he had once again chosen the sword. There was no denying he knew the faces he could see on the platform beneath him, and many of them were not of the living. He recognised R's face, Juliet's face, Satsujin, and Gexln. The other three were dead, nothing but a memory anymore, but remember them well he did. There was Kaxar, the person he had once thought of as a friend, and killed himself, there was Gaius, his best friend from the village, the boy that had been trying to protect the village in his stead. He had failed to save him, but not as much as the next one. Skadi Wynter, the love of his life, and the reason he tried so hard to protect people. She had died in an attack from the heartless, one that he could have prevented but was not able to. Had he been training, had he practiced as much as he did now, she may have still been with him.

Caleb may have very well slipped into a daydream, a flashback of sorts, had he not been interrupted by a blinding flash of light. The x-blade had seemingly reacted to him, and he found himself standing in the keyblade graveyard. He recognised the area from the moment he had battled Gexln. It was here he killed Kaxar, it was here where anger had driven him to murder his friend, and it was here that he caused an emotional wound in Gexln so deep it would likely scar him forever.

As if another reaction to his heart had occurred, an image of Gexln in front of him appeared. It was not his regular form, but the form he had taken when the darkness had consumed him, the form that was forced upon him at Kaxar's death. This was the battle that Caleb had been utterly destroyed in, and this was the battle that he would have to succeed now if he was to obtain the part of the x-blade and save the world. Words were not spoken between the two as Caleb summoned his favourite blade; his nodachi, and Gexln dashed straight at Caleb, abandoning Darkness' Sorrow in favour of the claws that had formed instead of fingernails.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Xepphiras stood at the top of the stairs as everyone greeted each other with each new piece brought up. She understood in this group she was the odd one out, not really getting to know anyone and she wasn't as strong as the rest, but standing there in silence made her feel rather ignored like no one cared about what she had accomplished although it was big for her. Although how could she expect them to care, the only one there that really knew anything about her she pushed away, her own family, her only family alive. Xepphiras's gaze drifted down towards R's platform. She thought he would be the first one out, so where was he? What if something happened in his trial. Xepphiras quickly shook the thought off as she looked back at the others. She saw Gexln hug Xero, he seemed to truly care for her and love her.... But that would require feelings wouldn't it, and he was a nobody just like her, so why could he feel and she couldn't? Xepphiras looked down and placed her hand over where her heart would be. None of this made that much sense to her. This didn't surprise her, it wasn't just that she wasn't all that smart but she also never really understood the light and the dark and how they worked. All she knew was that she had darkness inside of her and it was the source of her power. She also knew that more darkness, more power lay deep below. Power that she couldn't... no wouldn't access, it was too strong. Though it seemed that Xindai was able to access it, and it was that darkness that caused her to become a nobody, it was that darkness that she feared. She knew she had to keep it locked away, but how she was going to do that was a different question. "Where does this darkness come from, how do I keep it locked away?" Xepphiras questioned softly as her open palm formed a loose fist on her chest. "Why am I even here?" She added, talking completely to herself.

Louvel looked over at his sister who was clearly struggling, but she had made it clear on the battlefield that they where not allies or friends. She had attacked him more then once and when they had to fight together treated him like she might anyone else she didn't know. They where not family, but how could they be? One that resides in pure light, the other in darkness without a heart. This was no longer his innocent little sister. R... Xindai.... They made her into something she was not, and more so got her involved in this war, something that for the longest time he hoped that she wouldn't have to worry about. Even though he hadn't seen her for years before, when word of the war reached the king and him his only thoughts was that he would win the war to protect his family, his youngest sister. She had always been so naive and innocent, but looking at her now, although she did not look the part, he knew she was a warrior of the darkness and there was nothing he could do to help her now, no matter what was going through that fragile mind of hers.

17. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Xero smiled at Gexln as he walked up to her and Kross, "You're alright." she said with a sigh of relief. She was taken by surprise when he hugged her, but then tightly returned the hug not wanting to let go, "This is all so crazy... What if we all just end up killing ourselves anyway...? What if R's theory is wrong...?" Xero could only keep thinking of reasons why the X-Blade wouldn't work. Maybe it was the pressure finally setting in, or maybe she was just over thinking things like she always did when she was nervous.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]

As each fighter hit met the other in combat in the center of Caleb's dive to the heart platform, there was no time for breaths, no room for error from either of them. Both the Gexln replica and Caleb began furiously exchanging blows. Caleb striking with his nodachi, Gexln lashing out with claws of darkness, hit after hit was avoided by each of them, with the occasional parry or feint thrown in to keep the other guessing. There was no shortage of energy spent, but neither warrior was giving in. Right as Caleb was considering using his trump card, he suddenly saw the Gexln replica standing in an awkward stance. His footing was all wrong, as though his legs were tiring. Had Caleb's attacks had more impact than he had thought? He would have to take the chance.

Ducking down underneath Gexln's strike once more, he charged forward and jammed the hilt of his blade into Gexln's unprotected stomach. The warrior of darkness bent over, seemingly winded, as Caleb then brought his blade back and prepared to end the battle with one strong, unrelenting strike. However, just as he went to deliver the final blow, a grin appeared on the Gexln's replica's face. Red flags went up all over in Caleb's head; he had been baited into doing exactly what his opponent wanted.

This worry was only confirmed as the Nobody of the Dark seemed to vanish for a split second, only for Caleb to hear a noise behind him that sounded like exceptionally fast movement. Gexln hadn't vanished, he had merely moved that fast. He had been toying with Caleb all along. What came next was a feeling of pain, a terrible sensation entering his body as he was swiftly kicked into the sky. This was the same technique Gexln had used before on him, and he had fallen for it again. As his body went upwards, so did Gexln, propelled by his own leap, and kicking the bruised warrior further into the sky. At the end of the third strike to Caleb, he found himself being slammed into the ground by an overhead, darkness-empowered slam. His body hit the ground with a tremendous tremor being sent along the station of awakening, where he laid there for a moment.

Things weren't going too well for Caleb, in fact they were going horribly. Just as they were last time. However, Caleb wasn't as tired as he had been that battle. He wasn't anywhere near as fatigued, and he had a few advantages he hadn't had that battle. The first and most important was what he was fighting for. This wasn't an attack of vengeance or hatred, as it had been that day, but one of protection, of a guardian attempting to save those that had become important to him. And he would not falter. It was time to put his second advantage into play. Raising his arm, his body began glowing with a pale yellow light.

"I am the bone of my sword.."

[​IMG]
    Gexln stood still for a moment, contemplating what Xero had said. He had never thought for even a moment that R could be wrong about something of such importance, but Xero had a point. There was a possibility for R to be wrong. After just a brief moment, that same faith in his friend returned, and he opened his mouth to speak to Xero.

"If R is wrong, then we're all dead anyway. One way or another, this war's finally going to be over after this, but I don't think that R is wrong. He has to be one of the most intelligent people I've met, I bet he lost a lot of lunch munny in school before he became, you know, badass and stuff. So, we're probably fine. And on the off chance he is wrong, and it turns out the x blade is just going to screw us all over anyway, then we'll just have to find some way of beating that too. Shouldn't be that hard, I don't know if you've noticed but we've got a faaaaairly formiddable allegiance going" he said with a slight laugh at the end of it.

Gexln's attention was caught next by Xepphiras embracing her inner Karina. "Xepphiras, if you're seriously asking why you're here, then you really haven't been paying attention to R. We're here to save the worlds, kick the ass of the Agents, and rack up a ridiculous amount of awesome points. If you doubt yourself, others are going to doubt themselves, and then we're all screwed. So for your own sake as well as ours, snap out of it and quit thinking you're so useless" Gexln said, resisting the urge to add 'even though you kind of are' at the end of that.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Hearing her name Xepphiras looked up at Gexln. He seemed to be trying to tell her that she wasn't useless and that she shouldn't be doubting herself, giving her a quick run down of what they where supposed to do. Meanwhile all Xephhiras could think was, could he not see what she was talking about? Lowering her hand from her chest Xepphiras spread her arms slightly at her side. "Look at me... I am scrawny, malnourished, don't know what I am doing, and these tattered torn up clothing is all I have for clothes. I wouldn't be much use here. Further more I have more darkness than I know what to do with, every time I see Xindai, every time he talks to me, he stirs it deep down and I don't know what to do about it. Gexln, I can't control that darkness but it is there and I don't know how to suppress it. What if I end up hurting one of you guys during the battle. I might just be the death of you because of it. So now tell me again why I am here. Why I am doing this." Xepphiras spoke more now than she had in a long time to anyone. Generally she kept quiet and to herself following R, any thoughts like this where to be kept to herself. But it was something she had to finally say before she went off to war. She had so many more questions to ask, but this was the most important to her. The questions about being a nobody could wait, she didn't need them answered too badly.

20. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Gexln sighed. Of all times to bring up doubts within herself, Xepphiras had to choose the moment the x-blade was judging their worthiness. Something had to be done to convince her to believe in herself, and it had to be done quick. An idea popped into his mind suddenly. "Keep doubting yourself and darkness will get the edge on you. Seriously, if you were going to go insane and lose control, don't you think it would've happened by now? The fact you're worrying about it should be enough to keep it at bay, it'll keep your heart going strong to push it back" he said simply.

"When I first became a Nobody, darkness had a hold on me stronger than it has on you right now. I lost control, more than one time actually, and I did some horrible things. Things I don't like to talk about, things that, in my darkest moments where I was more aggressive than ever before, I still felt a horrendous pain over. I once had a brother, did you know that? Probably didn't, nobody else does. He's dead, by my own hands. I lost control, he tried to stop me, he died trying, and for the longest time I didn't care. That lack of caring, that genuine love of murder, even when it was my own family..my last surviving family member..the way I was, I was fighting very much as a heartless would, as a pawn of the darkness. It treated me like that, and it used me against my control. So long as you avoid that carelessness, you'll be fine, so don't worry about it so much, alright?" Gexln asked, growing tired fast of the girl's lack of faith in herself.

[​IMG]
    Caleb stood still with his arm raised. "Steel is my body, fire is my blood" he spoke. He expected Gexln to rush forward, to try to stop him, but he did not. No, he simply stood there..and laughed.

"You still think you're going to come out on top of here. You think you can atone for your sins? You murdered Kaxar. Your friend, someone who trusted you, and you stabbed her in the back"

"I have created over a thousand blades" Caleb said through gritted teeth.

"What about Skadi Wynter? The girl you loved? Where were you when she needed you? She died alone. Day in, day out, you two were always together, but where were you when it mattered?"

"Unknown to death, nor to life"

"It's your fault she's dead"

At this, Caleb stopped the chant, and in the blink of an eye began running straight at Gexln. Punches flew at him, blades discarded. Gexln had anticipated this, and blocked each and every strike, before retaliating with a painful roundhouse kick and knocking Caleb back.

Caleb went flying back from the force of the blow the Gexln replica had delivered. He crashed to the ground, but he got up quickly. He had let his emotions cloud his mind in just that instant, but it wouldn't happen again. He had to end it there and then, or else the battle would play out exactly as it had when they previously met. He had approached this all wrong; he couldn't afford to let his emotions fight for him, rather he had to use them to strengthen him.

Closing his eyes, he raised his hand once more. This caused the Gexln replica to scoff and laugh at him, as though he couldn't believe Caleb was trying the same trick twice. Only it wasn't the same, not exactly.

"I am the guardian of this world" Caleb spoke, a nodachi appearing behind him as the spirit of his mother was also summoned behind him. An illusion, brought about by his own heart as he spoke.
    "Determination is my body, and vigilance is my blood" he said, the spirit of his father appearing behind him aswell as a large battle axe.
    "I have created over a thousand blades. Always remembering loss, and never forgetting pain" the boy said, emotions flaring up once again as an illusion of Kaxar stood behind him, her keyblade in hand as a huge version of her keyblade appeared, floating in mid-air beside Caleb.
    "I have seen many friends fall, and many more suffer" the warrior spoke, an illusion of Gexln himself appearing behind him with Darkness' Sorrow raised, and a large replica of Darkness' Sorrow itself appearing next to Kaxar's keyblade.
    The next spirit to manifest was Gaius, standing behind him with that cocky grin on his face, as a red longsword appeared next to him. "I have no regrets now, and I will see this through to the end"
    Please, give me strength, Skadi, Caleb thought as an illusion of Skadi Wynter, the girl that had died to a brutal heartless attack while he was sick, appeared alongside several shining daggers. "So as I stand strong" the boy said, a tear going down the side of his face as he did so.

It was now Gexln made a move, as though the dive to the heart wanted to see how strong his resolve was. The Gexln replica rushed at him, faster than the human eye can comprehend, but it was too late; the ritual was complete. "UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!" Caleb cried out, raw emotion and determination evident in his voice as he yelled out, shortly before every weapon that had been summoned in front of him flew straight into the Gexln replica, impaling him and causing the creature to be killed instantaneously.

The replica's body fell to the ground with a quiet thud, before vanishing altogether. As the body vanished, a piece of the x-blade appeared in mid-air. Grabbing it, Caleb stared for a brief moment. This x-blade piece meant a lot to him. It had caused him to remember painful memories, but memories that would empower him forevermore. Never again would he ever doubt himself, and never again would he ever give up, never would he allow those close to him to suffer. He would end the Agents, no matter the cost. Caleb Stitem had completed his dive to the heart.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.