The Elder Scrolls: Advent of a New Age OOC

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Sessamaru, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

The Elder Scrolls: Advent of a New Age
    [Level:Advanced/Extended~~~Rating: PG-13 to Mature(Pg-16)~~~Genre: Fantasy/Action/Romance~~~Main RP: coming soon...]
    Plot
    Half a century has past since the fall of Alduin, the demise of Vampire Lord Harkon, and the death of Miraak. The civil war in Skyrim had been settled, with the Imperials ruling victorious; however, the war left the Empire weak. Despite this, the Dark Brotherhood has become prominent once more and the Thieves Guild now having a new foothold in the frozen tundra.
    Tamriel, as a whole, has fallen into a state of chaos. After the assassination of Emperor Titus Mede II, a new Emperor was to be found... and the savior of all Mundus, the Dragonborn, was chosen. However, the Aldmeri Dominion took advantage of this and initiated another war due to the weakening of Skyrim and the Imperial Legion.
    The war has since been on-going for 50 years... and the time of the Dragonborn has came to an end, and it is now up to a select few Paragons to become the Heroes to end this elven uprising...
    Races
    Man

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Imperials hail from Cyrodiil, the cosmopolitan heartland of Tamriel (or, simply put, the capitol of Tamriel). They are different from their cousins due to their pale-to-tan skin and their slender features. They, like Bretons, have a natural knack for magic and accept it on every level, mostly an intellectual/scientific one. They tend to have Latin names (Titus Rex, Angelo Maximus, etc). They are also great warriors, especially proficient in light armor.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Nords hail from Skyrim, the northern province of Tamriel. They are quite burly and muscular, the women still slender with much muscle and tone. They are pale skinned and commonly have pale hair, though having black or brown hair isn't quite rare; red being a rare color. They also tend to have pale blue eyes; but much like their hair, they can have brown, black, amber, and green eyes. Nords are more traditional than their Imperial cousins, preferring to live by the old ways. They shun magic (though some Nords do accept magic and practice it) and despise those who sneak, lie, cheat, and steal. Due to living in the harsh winterland of Skyrim, they have a natural immunity to cold/frost.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Bretons hail from High Rock. They are renowned for their mix blood. They have descended from Aldmer and Nordic lines, becoming a race of their own; they are regarded as Manmeri, or man-elf. They have pale skin and appear to look both elven and human, with slight pointed ears, high cheekbones, and a slender build. They also have more squared features, with some sharpness to them. They have a natural talent for magic and politics. They are normally flamboyant, poetic, and heavily charismatic.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Redguards hail from Hammerfell. They are humans of dark skin and hair, their eyes brown, black, or amber. They are quite fierce and hardy, specializing in battle tactics.​
    Mer

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Altmer, also known as High Elves, hail from the Summerset Isles. They are the tallest race, standing a full foot above the average human, elf, and beastman.They are usually slender with golden skin; golden, emerald, and amber eyes. Though they are commonly seen with pale blonde hair or snow white hair, it isn't as uncommon to find them with darker shades. They are most proficient with magic, making them powerful mages; though they are also quite fragile in comparison to the other races.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Dunmer hail from Morrowind. Dunmer are also known as Dark Elves. They are renowned for their versatility and many talents, despite being ill-fated. Dunmer are proficient with magic, sneaking, and fighting, making them a rather dangerous, well-rounded race. Due to their blood, they are highly immune to fire. Appearance wise, they are as tall as normal humans, taller than their Bosmer cousins and shorter than their Altmer cousins. They have dusky, ashy skin, their eyes many shades of red. It is quite rare for them to have lavender eyes. They are often slender and have many hair colors, ranging from snow white to silver, all the way to black.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Bosmer, also known as Wood Elves, hail from Valenwood. They are a slender, short race of elves, with tan skin and dark hair. They prefer the lush wilderness, rather than civilized cities. They are adept at sneaking and archery, as well as making poisons. They, themselves, have immunity to disease and poisons, making them the ideal assassins. They also aren't below melee fighting and may have some affinity to magic due to their elven lineage.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Orsimer, also known as Orcs, hail from Orsinium. They are of green-skin, which also ranges to brown. They are a tall, well-built people. They are often disliked, but they seem to be willing to help humans. They are primarily fighters, but some have an affinity to magic.​
    Beast

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Khajiit hail from Elsweyr. They are anthropomorphic cats, who specialize in hand-to-hand combat. Their claws are just as deadly as any weapon. They are as tall as the average human and their fur and eyes can be many, many colors and decorated with stripes or blotches. They possess a unique ability called "Night Eye", allowing them to see in the darkest of darknesses or through the darkness of night. They are also good assassins and monks.​

• [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Argonians hail from Black Marsh. They are lizard folk with the ability to breathe underwater, and they are quite thin and agile. They make for good thieves and assassins, due to their immunity to poisons. They are also unpredictable fighters. Their scales can range from gold to red to black, and even green.​
    Skills
    Warrior: Warriors focus on melee combat, resorting to sword and shield. They can wear heavy armor or light armor. They have higher endurance and stamina.​
    Mage: Mages focus on magic, allowing them to tap into the powers of nature and cause devastating damage or heal massive wounds. They are highly intelligent and powerful conduits, but they are quite fragile in regards to warriors.
    Thief: Thieves focus on stealth, assassination, pickpocketing, and lockpicking. They are quite adept with Alchemy (potion brewing and poison making) ; they are also deadly with archery. They are just as fragile, but are capable of using a sword or dagger to fend off a foe should they be noticed. They're quick, agile, and overall deadly.
    Current Storyline Quest(s)
    Arc I
    In Search for the Emperor
    (Not Yet Initiated)​
    Current Events in Tamriel
    • The Second Great War has been put at a standstill, both the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion taking a pause to recover their strength. This pause has created a temporary cold war; especially during a rare, unknown natural event called "The Seven Year Winter". It has been six years since the war has continued, but it has not yet stopped, for both parties still attack one another if it is advantageous. The Dark Brotherhood and the Morag Tong (now newly formed) are flourishing greatly. The Empire is currently trying to make amends with Skyrim and attempting to form a strong alliance with the newly revived Morrowind. The Thalmor are also trying to strengthen their grip on Tamriel be strengthening their alliances to Elseweyr and Valenwood.

The Emperor, however, is missing. He had vanished without a word, leaving many to speculate if he had lost faith in the Empire, leaving it all to the ever growing shadow of the Aldmeri Dominion. This has caused an uproar from all of the Empire loyalists.
    FAQ
    What is a Paragon?
    A Paragon is a special individual who was purposely selected by the Gods, in particular Talos, to be the savior of Tamriel from the tyranny of those who wish to enslave the lesser races (non-Altmer races). Though they have no special abilities like that of a Dragonborn, they seem to have exceptional skills and luck. Their fates are intertwined with the fate of all Tamriel, if not ALL of Mundus itself.
    What is the Aldmeri Dominion?
    The Aldmeri Dominion is an Empire that rules the Summerset Isles, ran by the Thalmor, who are Altmer (High Elves) Supremacists. The Aldmeri Dominion currently possesses alliances between the Bosmer (Wood Elves) province of "Valenwood" and the Khajiit (cat people) province of "Elsweyr". These two additional nations thus become additional power and land for the Aldmeri Dominion.​
    Who are the Thalmor?
    The Thalmor are radical High Elves, who live/rule in the Summerset Isles. The Summerset Isles is an isolated island from Tamriel, despite the fact it once was a part of the Empire. However, they are now their own nation, who firmly believes that they should rule the world over the lesser races, believing themselves to be the only ones pure enough to rule and keep the peace through their superior intellect and affinity to magic. Through propaganda over the last two and a half centuries, they firmly believe that they have ended the Oblivion Crisis; wherein the truth, it was the Hero of Kvatch and Martin Septim, the last Septim to rule the Empire. There is many other propaganda used to rally nationalism and supremacy to the young and the naive for their "noble" cause.​
    If I choose a race, does it mean I am from there?
    No, it just means that is where your ancestry is from. Your character could have been born anywhere. However, the Summerset Isles is an isolationist nation, so if you have fled from the Thalmor Inquisition, you are a traitor if you are Altmer. If you are an Altmer and was born in Cyrodiil, you are viewed under Thalmor suspicion. Altmer are also quite feared in Tamriel, despite nationality, so the racism is quite high.
    I don't know much about the Elder Scrolls... does this keep me from joining?
    No, it doesn't. I hope this RP gets you interested in the franchise. If you want to know more, I'll also have the wiki posted; the regions in the Race section are linked to the wiki as well, if you want to learn more about the province you are from. And to note, this RP is also non-canon in regards of the "current events", and somewhat non-canon from the previous events before this RP. The Dragonborn, who I now made Emperor, was usually depicted as a Nord; though the canon for that is questionable, at best, because it really depended on the player on who the Dragonborn was meant to be. Which, in that case, I'm using MY Dragonborn I created... you will be meeting him soon.As well, you'll be learning the lore in the RP as well, as to avoid you folks from feeling isolated from the world.​
    [May Add more questions/answers later...]
    Tamriel
    [​IMG]
    Rules
    • Follow KHV's Rules: They apply here just like they do on any other section on the site. Follow them, please.
    • No Godmodding/Powerplaying: No controlling others without their permission or my permission, being an ultimate being who can never be defeated or get hit ever, etc.
    • Be Respectful to RP Staff,to Myself and Each other: Remember that we are people too. I don't want to see any rudeness in this RP to other members, RP staff or myself. Respect means several things here. That also means no mega fast posting that leaves people behind with no explanation about what has happened. An RP involves a number of people, not just a few individuals. Everyone should be as equally involved as they want to be.
    • This is in the Extended Section: Please post a minimum of THREE PARAGRAPHS (just don't make novels about how pretty a bathroom looks. Stick to the main points. Writer's Block is understandable, just don't make a habit of it.)
    • Keep me and your fellow RPers you're interacting with informed about when you can post.
    • Unused Characters WILL be Deleted AFTER A MAXIMUM OF TWO WEEKS [Unless I'm Notified why you are absent:]I'm not unreasonable. Naturally; health reasons, real life issues, school, or whatever all count. I won't be mad, just be sure to tell me what's holding you up so I can better understand your situation. I believe this is perfectly reasonable and fair.
    • Multi-classing will be available later on; however, the proficiency will be less than your starting Skill.
    • I, Sessamaru, Can Add, Change, and Remove Rules when I NEED TO.
    • I'll only allow a maximum of TWO CHARACTERS per person.
    Accepted Character Sheets
    Character Sheet
    ✶Username:
    ✶Full Name:
    *Race:
    ✶Sex:
    ✶Age:
    ✶Personality:
    ✶Nationality: (Where were you born? (Only Altmer are born in Summerset Isle; Altmer are also the only race born ANYWHERE in Tamriel)))
    ✶Skill: (Focusing on Thief, Mage, or Warrior?)
    ✶Defining Occupation: (Are you a part of the Imperial Legion? A sellsword/mercenary? An adventurer? Etc.)
    ✶Weapon:
    ✶Purpose for coming to Cyrodiil:
    ✶Other: (Misc. info)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.