The Day of Silence

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sexy Sheva, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aura Goddess

For one thing I'm sure my school didn't care.But I have no idea because I didn't go to school today.

I did talk a little today but not that much.I was quiet for a while.

2. Singstar Traverse Town Homebody

There is a guy in my Calculus class who is gay. I talk to him and stuff, and he's not really diffrent from other people, but of course he gets bullied alot because he's gay.
    Today, nobody, absolutly nobody, talked to him or bothered him at all. So I would say it worked in my school.

3. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Im not really into the whole GayLezBi issues,I stay out so people dont persuade me into supporting them. Just let the Gays and Haters settle it,that's what I think.

4. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

Omg it was so cool... I'm still going, too... all the way until midnight... ;D

however, my drama teacher made me talk for my parts... and I cracked at some points... I was going to tape my mouth shut, but I kept caoughing since I'm sick, and I almost suffocated myself, so I didn't... >< but my sis got alot of people from her grade to participate, and alot of the popular people from my grade participated... it was hilarious... yet I thought my school wouldn't care... I saw a difference in alot of students today... I'm so froud of them... *tear tear*

but my friggen principal never replied to the letter I wrote to have the whole school participate... i don't even think the friggen people in the office gave it to her >_<

5. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Being quiet wont bring the guy back..and yeah,everyones aware that he died,but that doesnt mean people would care though..so what would be the point?..people get murdered every day and no one is silent for them.

6. Singstar Traverse Town Homebody

Well, its not really based on the kid who died. Yea, he died, and people notice that, but he died because he was bullied. So this activity is really stopping people from getting bullied, not really a celebration of the guy's death.

I hope I explained it right...

7. Aura Goddess

This was just to surport gays and lesbians.I really don't care if someone is gay.They're still human.Why treat them any different.

8. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

..He died because he was bullied...something just doesnt fit with that...you can get beaten and killed for your skin color,and even your religion..why does liking boys make that any different?..

Examples would be the Rwanda Genocide and the KKK activity.

9. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

In Australia we don't have the day of silence... but i would go

we have ANZAC day on the 25th April actually... it's to comemmorate the memory of the soldiors who lost their lives in the wars.. 25th of April is when the ANZAC's landed on the beach of Gallipoli to open fire

Australian
    New
    Zealand
    Army
    Corp

10. Repliku Chaser

That's why I didn't participate in this today. I don't mistreat people for being gay or straight. If I mistreat anyone it's usually because they have a tude and are mistreating others. I abhor bullying and don't mind putting someone in their hole occasionally to get them to stop bothering others. Since I've not been a person to bother someone, I don't feel I should also give them special treatment either. I am sad to see anyone die over such a stupid issue but then again I am also sad to hear about someone dying by gang violence, being picked on because of religion or lack of religion, color of skin, gender, etc. This means I don't 'support' the people who do it and choose to make friends with those who are amiable to me.

Accepting people for who they are is great. There was also just no way feasibly I could even do this in college and work etc. Maybe if they had said instead to wear a ribbon or something, this would have gone over better. Hardly anyone where I was adhered to the day because it was too demanding and asking us to give up too much freedom to cope with a day and even though I know kids in high school, they said they were unable to really do this either. It's a great idea to do 'something' but I just think it needed to be thought out more. I still am against the idea that 'silence' was the cure anyway. These are things we really need to address instead. Maybe that's just me though.

11. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

The Day of Silence was today, and It was funny to see all my friends walking around with mini-whiteboards. Though, it was really quite lame to see people use it as an excuse not to talk in class, and talk whenever they felt like it in the halls.

12. Xephos Neko, gamer, animelover, and artist :3 *purrs*

I saw my friends do this yesterday. Many of them wore rainbow colors and then didn't talk. I didn't think it would be real.

13. Princess_of_hearts Destiny Islands Resident

I did the day of silence yesterday because think it is a good way of supporting without and violence like most protest end up with. if u asked at my school they gave u a paper that explained about the day and a triange rainbow pin to wear. It was sad to hear some of the students being really rude and cruel about it but for the most part people seemed to agree with what it was about.

14. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

I saw my friends do it yesterday. For the first time, passing notes in class was acceptable. XD

But anyways, I think this is a gd thing to do. Kinda shows respect to the ppl that really needs it.

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I participated in class, but I did my best to be as quiet as possible. I think this is a great idea. One of the teachers at my school dressed as a mime. :)

16. Repliku Chaser

Wow, that's kind of cool to have a teacher do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.