The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Majik, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I hear it's supposed to be an awesome movie, I'm going to try and see it this weekend.

2. yukilordoflemons Merlin's Housekeeper

Somebody else was actually bugged by that too?! Amazing, I thought I was the only one XD But remember, Harley is Joker's therapist...so, next movie maybe? They'll have to cast a different Joker though...good luck topping Ledger...

3. Repliku Chaser

George Clooney was the worst Batman ever. The movie was also so campy. I hope that Nolan does the 3rd Batman movie because that would be great. I've loved his work so far and his portrayals with Batman etc and the actors have been so great. It's going to be sad after he stops making the Batman movies. I fear we'll see campy Batman ones after this with a new director.

I had an argument with someone over Heath Ledger's joker. They said he was so sadistic and crazy etc and not like the Joker at all. I had to explain that the original Joker was indeed that twisted and that he was always meant to be that way but the Comics Code turned him into someone that just played pranks. Heath just was terrific and I don't know if his Joker can be topped. I still love Jack Nicholson's portrayal too, but Heath's Joker just blew me away.

4. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    If that's how the Joker was supposed to be then....well.....spot on....>_>....cause....that guy was just....waaaaay creepy.......and crazier beyond imagination....kind of feel sorry for the guy about his past....

5. Trigger hewwo uwu

Amazing movie. The only thing that bothered me was Batman's voice. It was so annoying at times. xD

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Oh, don't get my thinkin' what Batman will be like after Nolan is done with it. I just hope it's not a second rate director that will try to imitate what he has created. A repeat of somethin' like that with George Clooney would just slaughter it. Keep the camps out, thank you.

The Joker is better that way. He is meant to be a dangerous criminal, but you can't take him serious if he's constantly makin' jokes. Heath Ledger set a perfect example as to how the Joker should act. If he hadn't died he would have won an award for that performance.

7. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

I just saw it yesterday and i thought it was f*cking Brilliant!!!
    I've actually figured out something.I think i've figured out the Jokers mind.He saw Batman on the News and then came harvey dent which tipped the balance of power in the favour on the people of gotham and the joker concidered himself to be like the world.He was on no side at all,he just wanted to be as random and as uncontrollable as nature.If harvey Dent and Batman had dissappeared then so would he and actually if the balance of power swayed towards the crime bosses the loker would've changed his position because he's like a balance, a tool if you will, without even knowing it.He said he didn't like people who planned because he knew that it always went back on them when he had everything planned like what he did to harvey.He was just there to chaos the city to burn.The Joker isn't a person,he had custom made close with no labels,no name,no legal Documents,no family,no relationships of any type,no stable frame of mind and no form of morals or identity.He wasn't a man, he was a black hole and the only thing that you are able to do with a black hole is destroying existance and what needs to be done to black holes is to destroy its existance.

8. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Best movie I've ever seen. Seen it twice already.

I still love it. #1 on the top 250 best movies of all time.

9. crazyaxelfangirl Destiny Islands Resident

i have seen it 5 times now its soo ****ing awesome its my favorite movie

10. Skylight_Defect Hollow Bastion Committee

i love this movie! IMO it's the best movie ever! Heath Ledger was awesome in this.

RIP Heath

11. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I hear the jokers mind operated differently than in the series before the dark knight. I hear is pretty damn evil. :P

12. Mish smiley day!

I've been to see it twice, I loved it so much. 8D Though I may be slightly biased because of my undying and unfaltering adoration for Gary Oldman<33

Heath Ledger, as everybody and their grandmother have already said, was amazing. He totally stole the show and I hope whoever takes up his mantle next time can live up to the expectations Heath has laid down.

I thought it was great that they killed off Rachel. Not that I didn't like her, I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal way better than Katie Holmes, it's just that it was so unexpected.

The end was really bittersweet as well. What with Harvey Dent going crazy and holding Gordon's family hostage, his own death and then Batman taking responsibility for his killings. 8(

I can't wait for the DVD to come out.

13. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

No way, the shark repellant bat spray Batman with Adam West was the BEST.
    For that scene alone it wins.
    Sea...sea...C FOR CATWOMAN!

Anyway, the Dark Knight is indeed a masterpiece. The lines were so skillfully crafted and the actors really pulled it together. Batman Begins was good, but WOW nothing like this...I have never seen a sequel that outdid the first movie. So basically it is mindblowing and just...insanely amazing. I kinda felt like it was 6 hours long because every millisecond was so intense. (6 hours in a good way, not boring in the slightest)
    I kinda never wanted it to end. My biggest complaint is that they wrecked the sexiest car in the movie after we only got to see the Lambo for like 30 seconds. For shame...
    Heath's performance made the movie, he was made to be the joker. It is so depressing to think such an incredibly gifted human being is no longer alive...he could've gone places man. This was only the beginning for him. So RIP Heath Ledger.

You know, there is actually a website out there that claims the movie was horrible and there is too much hype surrounding it? Something like thedarknightsucks.com
    The complaints that twat has are absolutely hilarious. Good for the lulz. Google it if you want to see what I'm talking about-

14. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

Heath Ledger. God, that was the most amazing theatrical performance by any actor ever. I'm serious. Jack Nicholson has nothing on Heath Ledger. Nothing.

15. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Heath Ledger was (i think) the best joker i've seen so far.
    The movie was really good!

I remember the time when Batman was interrogating with Joker.
    Once Joker said "you complete me.", I started laughing.

16. SplitOverload Chaser

Heath would've won best actor. I swear.

I doubt the Avengers will be better than this ****.

17. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Avengers doesn't stand a chance.It has alot to live up to.

18. SplitOverload Chaser

I'm sure having Hulk and Iron Man going crossover is enough of a glimpse to see how ****ing great Avengers would be.

19. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Iron man was one of the greatest movies i've ever seen but Dark Knight topped it.

20. Repliku Chaser

This movie was by far my favorite summer movie. But Iron Man was really good and the second Hulk movie was really good too. I have hopes for the Avengers, and there's a Thor movie they are doing too which will lead to the Avengers movie. That could be really done well if they don't go stupid on it. Captain America, which I don't really care for (yawn) could be a decent movie leading to Avengers too...but we'll see. The other Avengers aren't so well known by people who haven't read the comics. This movie really will be tough to beat because it was just done so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.