The Dark Knight Rises

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Tyrant Valvatorez, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

There's actually already a thread for this. You can find it here. :smile:

2. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

Hadn't seen this trailer yet o:
    All the other ones have given me chills so far though

3. Tienewman Like A Boss

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[video=youtube;QEiNm6oF1aQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QEiNm6oF1aQ[/video]

5. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

The new trailer looks amazing!!!! Can't wait for this

6. jafar custom title

What irks me about this is that these Batman movies are supposed to be realistic. I love these movies, because they are really great and fun, but they change characters so it would be realistic. Bane just looks like a toughie who loves drugs in the movie. He isn't this hulking, Venom-powered monstrosity that he is in the comics.

7. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

I don't think the comic book version of Bane would translate very well in the Nolanverse. He was in Batman and Robin but he was little more than just hired muscle when he actually has a history of being a mastermind and historically breaking Batman's spine.

8. Hayabusa Venomous

Said it for me. And its really hard to say if he relates to the comic book or animated series versions without, y'know, seeing the movie.

I trust Nolan.

9. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE CINEMA. AMAZING STUFF.

For me, it's the fact that it's realistic that makes it so great. I mean okay, it doesn't even try to stay true to the comics, and I'm sure that annoys DC and Batman fans, but for a non-DC reader like myself, it was great, and as a movie, it was just really really great.

case in point, Robin. Robin in the comics is a young acrobat Bruce Wayne takes under his wing, but here, he's just a normal cop. He's just another guy doing his best in Gotham, and yet that link between him and the Batman was so poignantly established, and his role in the ending as well, and even without the cape and costume I STILL felt that connection and that sort of teamwork between them. Then of course he goes on to become the Bat and it's established in the end that his name IS actually Robin. It's a really really good translation into the Nolanverse for me.

10. The Fuk? Dead

My favorite Bane quote was afvuobnspoerkf how about gsbdofnhjfmsawrtyuj

^ Best part of the movie, imo.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Yay other people posted now I can again.

This movie was nothing short of amazing. Seriously, even though it was midnight, and I was dozing off a bit waiting for the film to start, once it did, my veins were filled with excitement and I was wide awake the entirety of the film's nearly 3 hours of awesome scoring, truly memorable scenes, amazing acting (like seriously I said that Anne Hathaway would be an awesome Catwoman, Tom Hardy as Bane was really sinister, and Joseph Gorden-Levitt was a great street cop to relate to, not to mention obviously the returning actors for Bruce, Alfred, Gordon, and Crane all being spectacular), and the Batwing...just so damn cool.

The only thing that really irked me was how hard it was at times to understand Bane. Tom Hardy did a great job portraying him, and he had so many cool lines (something like saying he was a "necessary evil" and of course "When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die"), but sometimes he spoke too quickly and I couldn't catch any words.

I really need to see this again.

I found it really ironic that earlier yesterday, while watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with some friends, I told them about Ra'as al Ghul's daughter, Talia, who Batman fell for but is betrayed by, and one of them was talking about how awesome it would be for Nolan to take a different approach to introducing Robin as more than just a boy in tights.

12. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Saw it. Enjoyed it. Gonna say I liked The Dark Knight more though. This is a great movie too.​

Her pimple was really distracting though...​

13. Hayabusa Venomous

I know, but that's a really minor issue >:c

And there's a reason we never hear about Joker. Nolan wanted it that way.

14. jafar custom title

So, I saw the movie last week. And it was really freaking good. I loved, loved, loved the interpretation of Bane. I am in love with the voice.

15. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I went to see it a second time today. I'm so glad I remained unspoiled for it (well, technically I had heard about it but I had disregarded them as rumors).
    The reveal about Miranda Tate (that was her name right?) was perfect for me, I didn't see it coming at all but it made perfect sense. And I liked how I still caught a few things (Bane saying he didn't get out of the pit till he was a man, the fact that they said he already had his mask before leaving) but I still didn't figure it till it was explained. I guess I just like it when movies are smarter than me.

And I really hope that if there's a Robin/Catwoman sequel/prequel that Nolan is connected to it.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Actually she reveals that Miranda Tate wasn't her real name. Her real name was Talia. I have to agree with you on the reveal even though I should have known Bane wasn't the child of Ra's al-Ghul because the only child Ra's had in comic was Talia, but given this is an adaptation you never know with these things.

17. jafar custom title

Can anyone explain to me how Bane's mask works in the movie? I don't remember if it was ever explained.

18. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

According to TvTropes (the most reliable source ever! After wikipedia of course) the mask supplies Bane with anesthetic/painkiller because of the wounds he got (put in spoiler bars just in case)
    when he helped Talia escape. So basically he can't really feel pain at all unless the mask is broken.

19. jafar custom title

It just seemed weird to me that after Batman But I guess it makes more sense now.

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

The wounds he got
    after he helped Talia escape, and he had a botched surgery in the Pit. He can actualy still feel pain, it's just the mask keeps it at a bearable level.