Television The CW's Flash

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 29, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

This first episode was so good and I cannot wait for more.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I watched the pilot this morning and oh my goodness I do not need any more TV shows to love excuse u

...Admittedly, the villain felt really bland, but that's about the only beef I had with it.

also oH MY ARCEUS WHA T IS HAPPEN?????

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

PSA: Tonight's episode will reportedly show Robbie Amell as Ronnie Raymond, a.k.a. Caitlyn's late Fiance, a.k.a. one half of Firestorm! Martein Stein, the other half, will be played by Victor Garber (of Alias and Titanic fame). The way I read it, it'll be Raymond's body, but Stein is stuck inside. Sometimes Firestorm will speak as Stein, other times as Raymond, but he will be kind of "schizophrenic" at first. That said, we'll see "Firestorm" in December.

On another note, Flash is officially getting a full season. More episodes were ordered, bringing the full count to 22 for Season 1.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yay, more episodes! :D

We did indeed see Robbie in a flashback, but not with any villainy present. All we see is his "death" in the particle accelerator accident; with no prior knowledge of Firestorm or anything, I saw him and thought, "There's no way he actually died," though those scenes with him and Caitlin were pretty gut-wrenching.
    Also yay character development for Cisco! And Caitlin (obviously, but still)! And Joe! And Iris! And everyone!

bUT WHO ARE YOU HARRISON WELLS?? WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH THE BAE????? DO NOT HURT THE BAE PLS

This show is just awesome.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

oh no

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've seen the Reverse Flash and you can't tell who it is beneath the mask. My roommate says she can definitely see , but I couldn't make it out. The suit looks good, though a little strange (it's pretty much Barry's, but bulkier and yellow; the yellow darkens and turns black as you go down including the arms so it's upper body yellow and black legs. Looks kind of like it dirtied as if he ran through something. Also, in the photos, he is clearly beating Barry. http://www.hngn.com/articles/45248/...pics-of-reverse-villain-are-leaked-photos.htm

Also, in comics, Firestorm has almost always been made of two people. It's usually a combination of Jason Rusch and Ronnie Raymond or one of them with Dr. Martin Stein (or Gehenna a coupe of years ago). Both of the other two have been cast in addition to Ronnie. Martin Stein will be played by Victor Garber
    [​IMG]
    (fun fact: Robbie Amell, who plays Ronnie, said his wife is a huge Titanic fan and freaked out when realized Garber will be her husband's partner. She came on set and Garber was really cool about it, even shared a bottle of wine with her and talked about Titanic).

Luc Roderique has been cast as Jason Rusch with the description:
    "a graduate student at Hudson University, working as part of Martin Stein's research team on the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. project."
    [​IMG]
    So the exact combination of characters who will be Firestorm is in the air, but my guess is that it'll follow the comics where Ronnie and Dr. Stein are the initial combination and Jason takes over with Ronnie after Dr. Stein's death (considering it's the CW, Stein dying to make room for a younger face is very plausible).
    That said, since there are rumors of Firestorm being the next CWverse spinoff, a team of Ronnie, Jason, and Dr. Stein in a Felicity/Wells role is also possible.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]

8. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Doctor wells was "reverse", that I was starting to doubt it, maybe he was kid flash, Barry himself.. but they've gone with the obvious. The shame will be when both of them clash, we will lose the most interesting character of the series. That's a bummer

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It really depends on how they do the time-travel. The theory I like most is that
    In 2024 (or some other future time), Reverse-Flash and Flash are fighting (with Reverse-Flash having originated even further in the future) and end up running through time as they fight. They end up in little Barry's house where either a) Future Flash tries to save Nora but realizes he can't because of the paradox (if they wanted a Flashpoint arc, that'd be the best time to do it) of his mom's death made him the Flash so he instead carries his kid self away while RF kills Nora or b)Reverse-Flash tries to kill little Barry and Future Flash saves him by carrying him away and that's when RF kills Nora. Regardless, Future Flash ends up abandoning Reverse Flash in that time somehow without his powers and he dons the Harrison Wells persona. Meanwhile, Wells' future self from another time is also there,but that's when it gets complicated. When it comes to Eddie, he's either Wells' ancestor or a younger Wells himself (this one I don't believe at all).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419296197][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, forgot the real reason I posted. Peyton List, who played Cara in The Tomorrow People alongside Robbie Amell, has been cast as Lisa Snart, a.k.a. Golden Glider (Captain Cold's sister). She has been described as "sly, charming, a little sadistic, and not afraid to use her sexuality to get what she wants, this version is a wild child who is anxious to prove to her cold and calculating older brother she has what it takes to be in his criminal gang."

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Emily Kinney (The Walking Dead) will guest star as the Bug-Eyed Bandit, named Brie Lavarn in this incarnation.

[source]

11. 61 No. B

We got away from this for a little while, but it's not playing well that there are no other benevolent metahumans .

12. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

The ending of the season.
    Damn.
    The show has been very, very good for me. The only main complaints I have are it's inconsistencies regarding Barry's speed, like points where Barry should have broken the sound barrier but didn't, etcetc.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I wonder with him traveling at his absolute fastest (so far) in the finale, just how strong was the glass holding Thawne back that it didn't shatter.
    I loved the finale. It was so emotional and I think it covered most plotlines. I did call something from the first episode, though I was wrong with how they did it, but right overall.
    I had a feeling that an adult Barry was there because of the water tank flowing up and then it was confirmed that Barry was there, but an even future-er version of him fighting Thawne. I still had a feeling that our present time Barry was there (and I was right!), but that makes me wonder if everything is preordained in this show?
    How trippy is it, to quote Kriesberg directly, that
    My biggest complaint is that HOW DARE YOU END THE FIRST SEASON ON A CLIFFHANGER. I wasn't expecting it to be that much of one for the first season. Ugh.
    Also, I do love that the show embraces the comic book world and just goes out there with sci-fi and fantasy, but the conclusion =and according to Grant Gustin himself- they're going to be exploring the Multiverse. I...don't want that just yet. And I don't think The Flash is the right place to make that concept a central theme of the show.

14. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

This ending was perfect! And if you think about it, it actually fits with the comics. If you think about "Flashpoint", Barry goes back and save his mother, that creates that bizarre world with no Superman ,Batdady,JokieMom, and Aquaman X Wonder woman. When he recovers his powers stops him from saving his mother he creates the timeline of the New 52, in the series he didn't save his mother to begin with so he created the bizarre timeline of the show where he tries to marry his sister (gross!).
    So the Flash we see since the begning saving barry is actually the comics Barry. Another thing in common is that by the end of flashpoint Barry was awarded by his sacrifice, even though he let his mom die he came back with memories of the previous timeline so he had an entire life with his mom (and the letter to Bruce from his father), the series Barry initially seems to had gone in a futile time travel because he changed nothing, but in reality he was awarded with that moment with his mother (just like in the comics).
    The references... OMG! They even mentioned Star wars and marvel :(! Loved it.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Patty Spivot (called it!) and Jay Garrick are officially confirmed for season two as well as the bad guy: Zoom.
    Patty is Joe's new partner with an obsession on metahumans and a crush on Barry.
    Jay is a mysterious figure who appears to warn Barry's team about a threat.

I'm guessing either another version of Eddie comes back as Zoom or an amnesiac Eddie returns as "Hunter Zolomon."

16. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

So, the most recent episode is just...Wow.
    They keep setting the bar higher and higher for themselves, but this was the highest yet. How's Barry going to defeat THAT?
    Can't wait to see their next encounter.

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

Has anyone else seen the Flash and Arrow Legends of Tomorrow crossover?

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Yep! Flash fact (lol): I actually thought they were airing next week and when I came home, saw them on my DVR. Good surprise.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Haven't gotten around to the Arrow half quite yet. I'm falling too far behind on my shows! D:

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Check it out! Season three will see Wally West suit up as Kid Flash!

[​IMG]