The Cosmic Ocean

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Arch, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Doctor Walter Beowulf Saturday
    Saturday skipped along, until he got bored "Great, quarters, wonderful. Simply wonderful. Great job leading me here Mr Winters. I can't pronounce your first name but I'm sure it's great too" Saturday barely looked at the living quarters he was given "This is a wonderful ship, honestly. I wonder what the cargo bay's like? You can tell a lot about a ship from its cargo bay, let me tell you" With that, Saturday began to walk briskly off to the cargo bay with an eccentric smile.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    Relaganos' footsteps were quiet as he walked down the halls of the Ouranos. The Varuna kept all but his eyes covered by his headscarf. His fists were tight and his movements quick. He turned a corner and quickly swerved to avoid walking into a two Engineers who were soldering some wires behind a crooked panel. A few feet from them, he noticed a splatter of blood against the wall. His fists tightened even more.
    Within a few minutes, he reached the door to the cargo hold. He paused for a moment. One shoulder throbbed with pain and he was sure a rib was cracked. Regardless, he took a deep breath and entered. "Reporting for duty," he announced to Inspector Quint, though he wasn't called for.

[​IMG]
    Since the ambush, Kyra had been working nonstop around the Ouranos. Grabbing as many engineers as were able to move --and almost a few admitted into the infirmary at Tox's insistence-- she had been running through the ship with a clipboard. Anything that was deemed an emergency or needed immediate attention was assigned to an officer right away. Everything else was noted, ranked by significance, and delivered to the Ensign's Digital Task Manager. The Ensign's were to assist the higher-ranking (see: more competent) officers address the listed issues. Their first stop had been the Aether Drive, of course, which was running at 93% efficiency; however, the Aether Monitor instructed her that no attention was needed. After four hours, all immediate emergencies were handled and the Engineering department was hard at work fixing damaged equipment and checking the status of the ship. Their firs
    The Setesh was walking with a noticeable limp, her left leg dragging slightly behind her right. Three remaining Ensigns were following her, visibly sore, dehydrated, and scared. As they reached the entrance to the shuttlebay, Kyra turned around, back straight and clipboard under arm. Her free hand reached up and wiped her face; she could feel the blood drying. For a moment, she wondered how dirty her platinum hair was, but quickly dismissed the thought as frivolous.
    The three Ensigns slouched as she read over her clipboard, but quickly snapped to attention when she looked up. One of them asked for orders. Kyra smiled. "First, relax and take a deep breath. Everyone has done really well. Of course, I would have preferred to avoid pirates, but such is the life of the Coalition," she assured them. She was lucky to have such hard-working crewmembers under her. "All things considered, the attack could have been a lot worse. Count your blessings," she told them as she looked at her clipboard. "All that's left is the shuttlebay; I'll handle that -yes, I can- and you guys," she smiled, "have the hardest job of all. You have everyone's assignments in your ETMs. Check on each and every single one of them and assist them any way you can. Deliver tools, hold machinery, wipe their brows, and -most importantly- administer food and water to everyone. Dismissed." The Ensigns paused, but then they saluted and left. Kyra waited until they were out of sight before turning and entering the shuttlebay, dragging her left leg.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

~Locked due to inactivity for over a month.
    Contact a moderator if you would like it to have it reopened.
    ~Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.