Kingdom Hearts The cat

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    For people who noticed we know that the cat from Wonderland refused Maleflicent's offer to join the band of villians at her castle Hollow Bastion. I want to know why he was asked in the first place, we all know he isn't a villian....

2. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

You mean the Cheshire cat? When did Maleficent ask for his aid? (in fact why would anyone ask for that cat's aid...)
    He's more of a high confusitory being, not a villain. He probably gets sick joy from confusing the heck outa people.

3. Llave Superless Moderator

Well to be honest, i don't believe any "villian" native to Wonderland was in her band of evil people. The Queen was just her usual raging self, and the Cheshire Cat was just a trickster. So I don't think that either would've been requested to join. I don't remember Maleflicent ever asking the Cheshire Cat that...

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

It was in the Kingdom Hearts manga that Maleficent asked the Cheshire Cat to join, hence why we didn't see it in the games.
    He refused and the villains wondered if they should eliminate him or not.

It's just as the Espada's Key said. He's a trickster, not evil.

5. P Banned

Manga, for the most part, is non-canon. So even if the cat were offered a position there, it's not necessarily offered a place in the game.

Also, it's easy enough to mistake the cat for a villain. Smooth talking, mysterious, etc. Usual villain qualities. Unfortunately for them, the cat turned out to be Chaotic Neutral, not Evil.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

Indeed. And also keep in mind, the manga was made after each video game. So it's not like the manga influences the games in any way.

7. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Well as said before, he's a trickster, not Evil. But he has all the answers, can be at anyplace, it would be great to leave some extra heartless in others worlds with his aid.
    "But he doesn't always tells the answers"!
    He isn't interested in any evil thing, just to have fun with the face of everybody with the story "I know I know! Good luck to know too!" or "The shadows may be already here, try to don't get confuse, you can hit your own shadow!" and, of course "the Cheshire Cat has all the answers, but don't always tell!".
    He just can't be evil, i think.

8. P Banned

Then again, so were the novels, and AFAIK, the novels are considered fairly canon.

I think it's just that the manga doesn't follow the plot closely at all. It adds in things for comical effect, and makes adjustments as it pleases. These can be humourous, but they're non-canon.

9. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

In the game it was implyed that the cat was asked.... in the cutscene after Wonderland I think it was Hook who said " That cat will regret refusing the offer to join us" so I took the fact from that..... But since he isn't a Villain why would she even bother asking him?

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's possible that she thought he could be a valuable addition to the team, they may like his trickster ways of confusing people. Maybe they mistook him for a villain when really he just enjoys playing around with people.

I never noticed Hook say this but I find it quite fascinating, I don't think the cat joined because he was a more neutral guy, he enjoyed confusing people and didn't want to change.

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

thats a good point, maybe it was just because he was a trickster. Then again maybe the only reason he helped Sora was to get back at them, the whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of thing

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

One problem, to my knowledge there is no cutscene after Wonderland. Then again KH1 is ripe with alternate scenes, I guess it might be that...

13. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

He kinda is a villain. Kinda like someone who would soften you up, and when your backs are turned, he'll make a move.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

lol he does doesn't he...... and I didn't know there where alternative cutscenes....

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't think he was a villain or like one at all.
    He just wasn't a good guy.

He was neutral. Only problem is that he had some killer powers. Neutral people with killer powers can be a threat to any side.

16. Llave Superless Moderator

Well he does help Sora rid Wonderland from a bunch of Heartless. His methods are just a bit unorthodox...

17. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

There's no way the Cheshire is evil *-_-* he is my favorite character off of Alice in Wonderland ^_^

He does tend to seem evil at times but that is only because he like to mess with people, not harm them. He has and always will be on the good side. You also might get that sense if you watch the newest version of Alice in Wonderland, he seems like a jerk but in the end he is a big help ^_^

18. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

the Cheshire cat in my opinion is just a riddler..... he observes situations and makes a riddle that will help if you can figure it out or hinder if you dont..... thats all

19. Kayate King's Apprentice

The Cheshire, is, like everyone else has said, simply a Chaotic Neutral.
    Indeed, he would've been a great addition to Maleficient's band of evildoers, but he simply isn't cut out for the job of causing true harm.