The best book you have ever read

Discussion in 'Literature' started by woodstockfootball26, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Love Kingdom Keeper

In a world where the sunset casts slender shadows
    The King's Dragon( or anything in the crown of stars series), Coraline, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and The Giver were my favs. I can't choose just one though.:=D:

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I keep reading books that I instantly fall in love with xD

Well this book that I've just finished is Michael McIntyre's autobiography and for those of you who have no idea who he is, he's one of Britains top comedians at the moment. In just 6 years he has gone from next to nothing to being everywhere and in this book it tells us his life story. The reason I loved it so much was because he was basically a loser most of his life, he messed up opportunities, he was laughed at a lot. What helps is that he is a generally down to earth upbeat guy who writes in a funny way and I really enjoyed reading it. I would recommend it for those who know who he is.

I've never been a fan of autobiographies but this one was great.

3. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams. Not only very informative, but also quite entertaining.

If non-fiction doesn't count, then I'll have to say The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear. Very imaginative story and setting, and it's really just plain entertaining too.

4. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Um, Scott Pilgrim if you count those as books.

Otherwise, Harry Potter or a book called Ordinary Ghosts.
    Harry Potter is about an angsty nerd who kills crap with magic.

Ordinary Ghosts is about a kid named Emil whose Mom died, and his brother ran away. He finds a key to every door in his
    academy in his brother's room. He gies inside a bunch of rooms and eventually finds a mysterious girl. It's really awesome, but since the main character does cocaine, acid, and marijuana and there's a swear word on basically every page, it's not a kid book.

Oh and Scott Pilgrim is about EPIC

5. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Elsewhere

Don't know about "best" book ever read, but Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin is currently on my mind. It is about a 15-yr-old girl, Elizabeth Hall, who dies in a bicycle accident and awakes to find herself on a ship headed for "Elsewhere", the destination for the lifeless. Elsewhere is similar to Earth, save for one feature - instead of aging forward, you age backwards; she grows not older, but younger. Once turned zero, the deadened are sent back to Earth to be reincarnated as a baby. And thus, the cycle repeats itself.

At first she finds herself unable to come to terms with her own death, but as the novel continues she begins to accept it, that a life in reverse is not all that different from a life set forward.

[​IMG]

6. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

A few come to mind. American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson. Inkdeath, by Cornelia Funke. The Left Hand of God, by Paul Hoffman. The Magican's Guild Trilogy by Trudi Canavan...and so many more. I don't think I could choose just one book.

7. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

Most of my favourite books go back to my younger days. My favourite book was either the Darren Shan series or Horrible Histories xD