The best book you have ever read

Discussion in 'Literature' started by woodstockfootball26, Sep 17, 2009.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Either Ender's Game or Redwall. Ender's Game is more mature and closer to my level, by I have such fond memories of Redwall, including having a signed copy of Matimeo. Brian Jaques=<3

2. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

For me it's a tie between Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes and Happyface by Stephen Edmond. Lemonade Mouth was really cool but Happyface spoke to me more and just felt more real. And the art was awesome.

3. pnppl Merlin's Housekeeper

You know, I have trouble with this because my favorites are from all over the place and it seems odd for me to compare them to each other. Here's what I'm going to choose, though: The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. I choose that because it's such a great example of what I think fantasy should be: accessible to all ages; evocative of a pure sort of slippery, indescribable sensation of magic — like when you watch Star Wars for the first time; the sort of book you can read over and over without tiring; I could go on. It's such a wonderful novel — buy it, read it, give it to a kid who doesn't like to read, then buy another one. Oh, and steer clear of the movie unless you watched it as a child and have a strong sense of nostalgia — it doesn't do justice to the book at all.

4. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Well I'm currently reading Brave New World. It's an amazing book. Good story, good telling, and it makes me think.

5. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

i have never heard or read that book but if its the OPPOSITE of twilight it must be good

mine is revelation from the bible
    this is one of the best parts
    PHP:
    The Two Witnesses
    :1 Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told“Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there2 but do not measure the court outside the templeleave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two monthsAnd I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 daysclothed in sackcloth.â€

4 These are the two olive trees 
    and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earthAnd if anyone would harm themfire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. If anyone would harm themthis is how he is doomed to be killed6 They have the power to shut the skythat no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague, as often as they desireAnd when they have finished their testimonythe beast that rises from the bottomless pit [1will make war on them and conquer them and kill themand their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city that symbolically [2is called Sodom and Egyptwhere their Lord was crucifiedFor three and a half days some from the peoples and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and refuse to let them be placed in a tomb10 and those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and make merry and exchange presentsbecause these two prophets had been a torment to those who dwell on the earth11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them“Come up here!†And they went up to heaven in a cloud, and their enemies watched them13 And at that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fellSeven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

14 The second woe has passedbeholdthe third woe is soon to come.

The Woman and the Dragon
    :And a great sign appeared in heavena woman clothed with the sunwith the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birthAnd another sign appeared in heavenbeholda great red dragonwith seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birthso that when she bore her child he might devour it5 She gave birth to a male childone who is to rule all the nations with a rod of ironbut her child was caught up to God and to his throneand the woman fled into the wildernesswhere she has a place prepared by Godin which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

6. hell demon Moogle Assistant

my favorite book of all time is part of a series called his dark materials its called the amber spy glass. I very rarely cry but i cryed at the end of this book.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

My favorite book has to be Ordinary People by Judith Guest closely followed by Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I really like books like this, no clue why. And it doesn't stop at books. I like Anime's, Manga's, and Movies like these as well.

8. LeKeyBoi Merlin's Housekeeper

I think the best books I've read by far are young adult novels. These are my fav five that really grabbed my interest.
    Soldier X by Don Wulffson
    Fragments by Jeffry Johnston
    No Right Turn by Terry Trueman
    Shattering Glass by Gail Giles
    and User Unfriendly by Vivian Vande Velde

9. Kites Chaser

I don't know if I have a favorite book but I can do my top 5 in no particular order:

1. Harry Potter series - Just because they really got me into reading long chapter books because before I read these books I never really did. I mean, it was published in 97 so I was like 4 or 5 around that time so yeah it's not like I read novels or anything. These books are just fun and I think the movies are the best adaptations of the books I've seen in any book to movie series.

2. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde - I had to read this book for my AP Lit class and I really thought I would hate it since a lot of school mandated books are just torture to read with no interesting plot at all. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this classic, and I think it's just a really good read.

3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - I read this because of a friend's suggestion. It's a teenage coming of age story but written in a letter format as if the boy Charlie is writing to you.

4. Band of Brothers - A novel that's as nonfiction as you can get, based on the paratroopers in the 101th Airborne Division, 506th Parachute Infantry Division otherwise known as Easy Company. If you've seen the HBO miniseries you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, watch it, it's the best WWII movie you'll ever so ever.

5. Russian children's books. - This I had to clump into one because I've read so many, I grew up with them when I was younger and still read them from time to time. They contributed to me learning Russian since my grandmother and dad are from Russia.

10. anti_sora99 Merlin's Housekeeper

I like reading Harry Potter and some Steven King books. I don't read too much though.

11. Plums Wakanda Forever

Although I didn't like it very much, the one book that has helped me the most in terms of writing is Fugitive Pieces by Anne Micheals. The writing is stunning, her narrative reads like poetry; it was just...wow.

As for the book that helped me most in life, it would have to be Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I found myself relating in so many ways to Charlie, it was ridiculous. At the end of reading it, I felt as though there was someone I could connect with, sort of a kindred spirit (if you can be with fictional characters). Overall, it propelled me from my super shyness, and so far it's been working wonders.

12. graceful Merlin's Housekeeper

I've yet to read many great books and classics, but I have to say that The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best I've read. The whole thing just seems so poetic and it's a pretty interesting theory about what heaven would be like.

13. ajk515 Moogle Assistant

I haven't read to many books, but I particularly like Robin Cook books. My favorite of his has to be Critical. I just love medical mystery stories. Always keeps me reading.

14. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

the Diary of a whimpy Kid series!!

15. Hiro ✩ Guardian

It has to be for me a Manga called The Ouacast. Its about Fallen Angels living among normal people. ^^

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have just finished reading this noo kcalled "Looking for JJ" and that was just amazing, it's not the best book I've ever read but it's pretty high up there. It was all about a 10 year old girl who murdered her best friend 6 years ago, and now she's just trying to live a normal life when it's incredibly difficult when people are trying to sniff her out. It really makes you thankful for what you have and the people around you and how they can annoy you. It is very good and I'd recommend it to anyone

17. Keyslinger Merlin's Housekeeper

One of the best books I've read is "The Invention of Hugo Cabret". Another's "The Hunger Games", "Catching Fire", and "Mockingjay". <-- They're making movies for those.
    Another one of my favorites would have to be "George Orwell 1984" though.

18. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Just finished Beastly. I loved it. Read it all in one day and started to choke up near the end, even though I knew what was coming.

19. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Split. Swati Avasthi.

It's trying to move on from the past, trying to move on from your mistakes, learning not to try to fix the past, and keep moving forward.

20. Daxa~ #stalker

Hmm...
    Well I just finished the Time Travellers Wife..
    Its a really good book,and I was crying by the end :3