The Battle Grounds (Combat Based RP Thread)

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Ego Imperium, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    What Are The Battle Grounds?​

The battle grounds, are a place for the holding of combat based, competitive roleplaying. Within the battle grounds, two, or sometimes three or four combatants, do direct battle against one another (by default, it is free of plot, or history), either in free for all, or as teams (in the case of four or more members). The goal of the battles is to out do your opponent(s) strategically, and ultimately, put them in a position that they cannot get out of. As a result, they would be forced to take the hit, not because it was forced upon them through powerplay, but because they could not logically avoid taking the hit.

But What Are The Rules For The Battle Grounds?​

The rules for RP battles are the same general rules for any plot based RP that you have participated in. Such rules include:

No God-Moding - You cannot have a character that simply cannot be defeated. You cannot use a character that can simply shrug off any attack without any kind of repercussions.

No Power Playing - You cannot, under any means, take control of your opponent's character. It doesn't matter if your character can control the minds of others. While such a power is not illegal, one using such a power must be aware that their opponent's character must be given chance to counter act such a power in some manner. If they cannot legitimately shake it off, then the control can work.

No Auto Hitting - Auto hitting is a form of power playing, in which one person's character uses an attack, that is stated in the post to automatically hit their opponent. For example:

Player A: Jameson throws his fist at Clark's (Player B's character) face, breaking his nose.

That, is an example of Auto Hitting. The player has landed a hit upon his opponent's character, and as well, one that could have easily been avoided. Such action is against the rules of battling.

Regarding Combat Posts - While it is fine that everyone has their own style of posting for RPs, it must be noted that detail is key in combat based RPs. The motions a character makes, the way their attacks are being carried out, must all be well defined within a post. Often, simply writing one line in a post will not hold enough detail.

What Characters Can Be Used For Battles:​

Any character is allowed to be used in a battle, so long as they meet whatever conditions are set by the combatants. Within a battle, beings from any canon series can be used, and even original characters can show themselves. Essentially, there is no limit on where you can pull a character from. Sora could do battle against Naruto; a Gundam could fight against a Zoid.

How Do You Make A Challenge For A Battle?​

Challenging someone to a battle is simple. All you need to do is contact someone on the forums, possibly someone you have RPed with before, or even someone you have never RPed with, and ask them if they would like to just battle. If they accept the challenge, then you can bring the battle here. The challenger will have the power to choose the setting of the battle, and any conditions that are held (such as what types of characters will be allowed, whether or not it will be a power battle), and any terms that must be met within the battle, unless they choose to give the one they are challenging that pleasure. Of course, a battle doesn't have to have a specific type of character, or any conditions. After that, the two post, or Pm each other their character profiles, and also send them to anyone who may preside as a judge over the match, if desired, and the IC battle starts.

Other Info:​

Due to the fact that this is currently a single thread deal, rather than a subsection, only one battle may take place at a time here. Should it grow int something popular amongst the general RP population, I may request that it be made a subsection. But for now, I simply hope that people will give it a try.

2. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

this is interesting im use to battle type rps and i judge very fairly so if anyone needs a judge for their match just notify me

3. leon47 Traverse Town Homebody

This seems interesting I hope it gets popular

4. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Indeed. Hopefully it will catch on with people. Perhaps there could be a starting battle to show a bit of action.

5. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

I'll fight anyone. This appears to be rather interesting. ^^

6. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Perhaps have a team battle?

7. TheDeadGuy Moogle Assistant

this will be fun i love action.....a bit too much really xD you can tell from the Keyblade Academy.

8. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Team Battle sounds like a great idea. ^^

9. TheDeadGuy Moogle Assistant

so you pretty much can be anyone right?

10. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I have high hopes for this thread, seems like a good idea.

11. TheDeadGuy Moogle Assistant

so whos up?

12. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

To start this concept up, how about we have:

Denxail
    TheDeadGuy
    Alpha Sonix

Vs.

Ego Imperium
    Leon47
    keybladewarrioroflegend

That sound fair to everyone?

13. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

14. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

alright so the char ill play as will b Sasori from Naruto :)

15. leon47 Traverse Town Homebody

That sounds fair I will be dual wield Roxas

16. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Okay, I will be Sasuke from Naruto. ^^

17. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I'll take Sora then. :)

18. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Odds are, I'll be an original character of some sort. just remember to include profiles for your characters.

19. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

alrighty so if its an char from an anime do we need to post an profile

20. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Ot would help if you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.