Film The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by 61, Dec 5, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

The trailer was released today and it looks absolutely amazing.

I do wonder if there is too much going on in one film, but I think it looks good regardless.

When I saw the Comic-Con trailer or whatever it was I didn't like it, but having seen this I think it looks great. I was also put-off by the people who wrote Transformers writing this movie, but judging from the trailer I doesn't seem to be problem. And Hans Zimmer in a Spider-Man movie? No thanks. We'll see though.

I don't want to spoil anything, but this film is clearly opening the floodgates for Spider-Man's own cinematic universe, which has been talked about before, and I could not be more excited. Watch the trailer for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

And I think picking the guy from Chronicle to be Harry is great. Can't wait to see what they do with him.

Just all of the implications of what is happening in this trailer have me indescribably excited for more Spider-Man.

2. Hayabusa Venomous

I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about this. As you said, there seems to be way too much going on in a single film. And having writers from the Transformers films isn't helping...but at least it's able to tread its own path instead of repeating an origin damn near everyone knows by now.

And I love that Dane DeHan, who did a great job in Chronicle, is playing Harry Osborn. It'll be at least one well-fit role.

3. 61 No. B

What I hear, and I don't know how much truth there is to this, is that the Transformers scripts are very heavily edited by the studios and don't reflect the writers very well. I hope so because I want to love this film, but if this is something on the same level as Transformers I'm going to be upset to say the least.

4. Patman Bof

Meh, you could give Transformers to ****ing Shakespeare, it' d still be Transformers. ^^

Kurtzman and Orci also wrote Fringe : hairpulled science (and logic in general), but very engaging on an emotional level. A niche success, but a huge one.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

Woah woah woah, the original animated series, along with Beast Wars, were fairly well written for what they were about. Nothing enlightening, sure, but nothing exactly stupid.

It wasn't until Michael Bay directed the live action films that the name Transformers became, unfortunately, synonymous with trash.

6. Patman Bof

Yeah, I was trolling. Well, half, when your main cast can' t emote much more than my vacuum cleaner that' s quite a handicap to get around as a writer.

Given how utterly uninteresting the human characters were compared to Fringe I' d bet on executives meddling indeed.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Okay. I'm excited to see this movie, but whenever I look at Electro... I don't know, something bugs me about his appearance but I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyone else like that or is it just me?

8. Arch Mana Knight

I'm not sure about their choice for Harry. Hopefully the movie will convince me otherwise. And from the looks of everything, this seems to be setting up a Sinister 6 movie. Rhino, Vulture, and Doc Ock all seem to be made by Oscorp. Not sure if I approve but at least it makes getting them to team up against Spidey easy.

9. 61 No. B

New international trailer. Nothing of real significance but still some new footage.

10. Jin うごかないで

Really looking forward to this, I enjoyed the first movie a lot and found it better than the Toby Maguire (if that's how it's spelt) movie series.
    A glowing blue version of Kessler from infamous? thats who I thought of

11. Jin うごかないで

New trailer and I absolutely love the sound track for it. As I did for the first movie trailer #3

12. Krowley Moderator

Looks like a cool new trailer. That "Paranoia" that plays when Electro appears must be mine. I'll need to find it when it comes out in full.
    As for the trailer itself, I just want to see all the villains they keep hinting at. Whether in this film or a future one, JUST GIVE ME MY SINISTER SIX!

13. Jin うごかないで

The music they choose for the 3rd trailers of the first one was Glitch mob how to be eaten by a woman I'm not sure what this one is but they fit really nicely with the trailer of course. This is another movie i'm really looking forward to this year along with the part 1 of the final hobbit movie

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I am incredibly excited for this film as well, I loved this remake and much prefer Andrew Garfield's interpretation as the 'cool nerdy' spiderman much better than Toby McGuire's "uncool bullied geek" one but I suppose they both offer different things.

Also, I can't make my mind up about whether I prefer this costume that resembles the comic books or the one from the first film, a lot of costumes were going darker but now they seem to be reverting back to bright colours.

That trailer, the music was amazing! I just can't wait for it all.

15. Jin うごかないで

I think a lot of people prefer the new Andrew Garfield movie over the old Toby McGuire movie mainly because; It's stuck more faithful to the original plot line and if I'm honest Toby McGuire didn't potray spider-man properly in the sense of comedic relief. Albeit he did have his moments he wasn't that funny because he seemingly always had a grim look of monotone on his face until he's with MJ which annoyed me to an extent. Andrew Garfields spiderman stays cheerful and is always jokative which still stays faithful to the original spider-man cause that's what spider-man does but this is just my viewpoint to why Andrew Garfield > Toby McGuire

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Saw the third trailer. I'm hype. Sinister Six looks like it'll be amazing.

I also caught a glimpse of what looks like a glider, and Peter screaming.

Gwen was also wearing a very familiar outfit...

17. Hayabusa Venomous

I'll be the guy who explains his preference for the original films over the reboot:

Andrew Garfield was a terrible Peter Parker in the reboot. His attempts in The Amazing Spider-Man to act "awkward" felt so fake to me, like he was simply phoning it in. He looks too good to play Peter Parker well, because (at least to me) Peter Parker needs to begin his journey as the awkward guy. He didn't create his Spider-Man suit like Tobey McGuire's Peter did in the original Spider-Man film; HE JUST BUYS IT. And he doesn't seem to learn jack shit at the end of the film. His last line goes so far as to reject one of the lessons he was supposed to learn from his journey. This Peter Parker was just plan unlikable to me, and I don't understand the appeal behind changing Peter Parker from the "uncool bullied geek" to the "cool nerd." It alienates a lot of the people who first came to love Spider-Man; they could relate to Peter's struggles as an adolescent person, and they became emotionally attached due to this. The reboot's Peter barely seems to struggle with money or transportation or getting attention or really anything short of remembering how to do his job right (seriously, his final battle against the Lizard kinda...sucked.) His charisma contradicts the dichotomy that's supposed to be present between Peter Parker, who nobody really cares for, and Spider-Man, who the public love (or hate, but it's still attention all the same.)

However, Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man is pretty good, but I don't see his portrayal superior to Tobey McGuire's portrayal honestly. Both did great jobs in the suit, and I did like that they started the reboot with Peter using web-shooters. I just don't think the new Spidey has much of anything over the old one.

And one of the biggest faults to me with the reboot was that the tone of the film was too serious. The original Spider-Man films, even (or especially) the 3rd, all had a sense of camp to them. They knew how silly their premise was, and they embraced it, so that when serious events did happen, they had a lot more impact. It served to make the films much more effective emotional roller coasters. I didn't get that sense from The Amazing Spider-Man nearly as often. Granted, when the film did manage to have fun with itself, it was great (Stan Lee cameo, anyone?) But the film suffered from far too often conveying the "SUPER SRS BZNESS" syndrome, as The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel both did. I mean, for God's sake, the plot of the Lizard was MAKE PEOPLE LIZARDS TOO, and they didn't even have Spidey make one joke about it? Not to mention that I hated how the death of Uncle Ben was portrayed in the reboot. It didn't feel sad or sympathetic. Just empty. I fault the writer and director though, not Martin Sheen.

Also, the suit for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 looks much better to me than the suit in the first reboot film. The trim around the eyes was far too prominent, I couldn't stand the stupid looking shoes of that suit, and it sorely lacked the belt. I'm glad to see the new suit seems brighter too. Spider-Man should be a hero who wears bright colors after all, because he's at his best when he's joking with super villains and enjoying his powers.

18. Shuhbooty moon child

Im actually excited for this! It did take me a few times to get use to the first Amazing Spider Man , beccause I agree to watch was said. I don't think Andrew is pure when it comes to his awkwardness. Left alone when it comes to being the nerd. But I have to remind myself this film was made for this era. The new technologies and stuff. I like the originality with his web cannons, but I also agree that he should have made his outfit by hand and not just submit it fonorder.

I also thought the same thing, that a lot was going on but if its a good length, with great detail and perfect ending (or cliffhanger) that's fine by me. I hate it when movies have so much to film for and end up jot doing it and never continuing the series.

19. Jin うごかないで

Next month seems to be a good one because this is releasing JJBA P3 is releasing Madoka's movie is finaly going DVD this month and next month seems really good for media and I'm really looking forward to this still but I wish they'd release it earlier :C

20. Krowley Moderator

At long last!

As for the film itself, I still need to see it. But from what I see from the trailers and hear from my friends, I'm not getting too excited about it. The numerous villains and parents subplot feels like they're pushing too much into a film. A 150 minute film.