The 14th Key ~ Chapter 1

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Axel's#1fangirl, Apr 17, 2007.

?

Are you angry at Vexen too?

1. YES!!! How could he do that to poor Demyx? *hugs Demyx*

41.4%
  2. No, I thought it was hilarious! XD

27.6%
  3. I thought it was funny! So no, I'm not mad

10.3%
  4. Awww...poor weapons....*is angry*

3.4%
  5. I really don't care....

17.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

Wy do you have to make so many cliffhangers?? Just when the story is getting really fascinating, and awsome you had to put another cliffhanger, didn't you? Anyway, keep it up!

2. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

The 14th Key ~ Chapter 14

THIS IS THE SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER IN THIS STORY!!!! *cries* I hope you enjoy it! :D

~Chapter 14~

“GET AWAY FROM HER!!!”

Oathkeeper came flying at the figure, and slammed into his head. The figure let go of Xed, and she slid down the side of the building onto the ground. The Keyblade boomeranged back into Roxas’ hand. He charged at the figure, both of his Keyblades in hand. He swung wildly, attacking the figure with fierceness. The figure jumped back and dodged. Roxas could feel the figure smile evilly under his hood. He then disappeared through a white portal. Once gone, Roxas ran towards Xed, who was sitting on the ground, coughing, trying to breathe. He kneeled next to her.
    “Are you ok?” he asked, grabbing her hand and helping her up. She nodded, and her coughing ceased.
    “Yeah, I’m fine.” She said, her voice slightly raspy. She smiled. Roxas smiled back.

That really nice smile.

“ROXAS WE SORTA NEED YOU!!!!”

Roxas and Xed turned to the other end of the alley, where a voice that belonged to Demyx had called. The two ran down the alley and out towards the streets.
    +++
    A hoard of Heartless had gathered around Axel, Demyx, Vexen, and Xemnas, and was closing in. Axel looked over at Demyx, glaring.
    “Demyx, for the record, I blame you.” He said. Demyx glared back at him.
    “Why do you blame me?” he asked. Axel chuckled.
    “ ‘Cause I can.” He said. Demyx rolled his eyes. Just then, Roxas and Xed came running towards them, but stopped due to the mass of Heartless surrounding them.
    “GUYS!” Roxas called, getting their attention. Axel looked over at Xed and smiled.
    “Hey Xed! You ok?” He shouted. Xed nodded.
    “I’m fine! You guys need some help in there?” she shouted back.
    “That’d be nice, considering we don’t have weapons…” Xemnas shouted, crossing his arms and glaring at Vexen. Vexen glared back.
    “Ok, we’re coming!” Roxas shouted. He looked over at Xed, and the two nodded once at each other. They each summoned two Keyblades, and charged into the huge rabble of Heartless.

As the two Keybladers used their weapons to fight, the rest of them used their elements to fight.

It was a long, tiring battle, but in the end, every last Heartless was destroyed. Roxas and Xed called off their weapons and smiled at each other. Xemnas walked over to both of them.
    “Before anything else can happen,” he said, slightly annoyed at how the evening was going, “Let’s get back to the Castle.” Vexen nodded.
    “We have…some explaining to do…” he said, looking at the ground. Xed smiled.
    “I guess I have some explaining as well…”
    +++
    About an hour later, all of the Organization members and Xed were in the living room. Xemnas explained about Roxas trying to steal her heart and him stealing her Keychain. Xed explained about her not having a heart to begin with. Roxas, who was sitting next to her, looked over at her.
    “But Xed there’s still one thing I don’t get.” He said. She looked over at him. “Why didn’t you tell us you didn’t have a heart in the first place?” Xed shrugged and shook her head, looking down at the floor.
    “I don’t know…it just never really came to mind to let you all know.” She said. She looked up at Roxas. “I was going to tell you first, but you kept avoiding me. After I told you, I was going to tell everyone else.”
    “So, does that mean you’re a Nobody?” Demyx asked. Xaldin shot him a look.
    “What else would she be, Stupid?” he remarked. Demyx gave him an angry look. Xed chuckled.

Wouldn’t they like to know…

“Yeah Demyx, I’m a Nobody.” Xed said, smiling. Her smile faded.
    “What’s wrong?” Roxas asked. She looked over at Xemnas.
    “Xemnas…who was that who attacked me?”

Silence.

Xemnas let out a sigh.
    “I…I don’t know.” He said, hesitantly. Xed narrowed her eyes.

She could tell he was hiding something, but she decided not to ask what it was.

Xemnas stood up and walked over to her.

“Xedramon.” He said, a serious expression on his face. “I’d like to…apologize…for tonight’s events.” Xed shook her head, smiling.
    “That’s alright, you don’t need to—“ Xemnas held his hand up, as a gesture for her to stop speaking. She closed her mouth and looked up at him.
    “Please, let me finish.” He said. “I’d like to apologize on behalf of the Organization, mainly myself, for what happened. I…didn’t mean to hurt you…in anyway…if I did…”

A few of the Organization members were holding back stifled laughs at their boss’ pathetic attempt to apologize. Nevertheless, they all listened with great interest, and Xed listened as well.

“Xedramon. I must say you have very unique talents, and very special powers.” Xemnas said. He looked up at the ceiling, and then back at Xedramon.

“I’d…be most grateful…honored even…if you joined the Organization XIII.”

Xed’s eyes widened in excitement. Xemnas really wanted her to join the Organization!? There were a few excited and surprised murmurs across the room. Xemnas cleared his throat loudly, and regained everyone’s attention.

“The skills you possess would be very useful to the Organization, and having yet another Keyblade Master would make our Organization stronger.” He said. Xed nodded slowly. She could see Roxas smiling at her out of the corner of her eye. She smiled back. Xemnas crossed his arms behind his back.
    “Normally, Xedramon, I would bring a new member-to-be into the Organization, whether they wanted to or not, like I had done with the Members VII through XIII.” There were a few annoyed comments in the background. Xemnas waited a moment, and then continued:
    “But, seeing after what the Organization, mainly myself, has put you through, I’m giving you something no one else in the Organization has ever had before.” Xed looked up at him.

“A choice.”

There were a few soft gasps of surprise from the other members of the Organization. Xed was shocked.

“Really?” she asked, stunned. Xemnas nodded.

“Xedramon.” He said.

The room grew quiet.

“Would you like to become the 14th member of Organization XIII?”

Xed couldn’t help but smile. She was given a choice! She looked over at Roxas, who was smiling back at her. She knew he’d like her to stay, along with Axel, Demyx, and the other friends she made in the Organization. She then frowned slightly.

But what about her home?

But what about her ‘job’ of fixing weapons?

But what about Kuxir?

She looked down at the ground.

Kuxir…

She closed her eyes for a minute and nodded once.

She knew what she wanted to do.

She looked up at Xemnas, who looked down at her. She smiled.

“Xemnas.” She said. Everyone listened intently, especially Roxas.

“I…”

CLIFFHANGER!!!! MUAHAHAHAA!!!!

Yes, I know I'm very evil :D

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHOULD SHE STAY OR SHOULD SHE GO?

3. LatiasGirl Merlin's Housekeeper

STAY! ORG. XIV FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Azure Flame Banned

http://bestnetpostcards.com/funvideo.html

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *dies of shock*

*comes back to life*
    She should stay! Her and Roxas should be boyfriend & girlfriend!.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *dies of shock*

*comes back to life*
    She should stay! Her and Roxas should be boyfriend & girlfriend!.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *dies of shock*

*comes back to life*
    She should stay! Her and Roxas should be boyfriend & girlfriend!...

5. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!! Xed, please join the Org. XIII...or not...I kind of would like to see Xemnas be turned out by her, even after all of that....She really has to talk to the authoress about that possibility.. Anyway, keep it up!!! Your doing a great job! :D :D :D ( if we don't count the anoying cliffhangers of course..)

6. Azure Flame Banned

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *dies of shock*

*comes back to life*
    She should stay! Her and Roxas should be boyfriend & girlfriend!

My computer is messing up please ignore my other post! It's stretched the page so much I can't delete it! Sorry! :(

7. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

lol you'll have to wait till tomorrow when i release the next and final chapter to find out if she stays!

*gets brick'd by a million impatient readers*

lol they do make a good couple...*considers*

lol thanks! I love making cliffhangers! Its fun to torture my readers :D *evil smile and laugh*

I know whats gonna happen! *she says in a sing song voice*

8. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

Then, please tell us............or wite it! * he responds in a sing song voice*

9. IWuvshZexion Merlin's Housekeeper

Not Another Cliffhanger!!!
    She Should Stay!!!!!!!!!:d :d :d

10. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

lol.....we'll see....*evil smile*

lol not till tomorrow :D *wags finger*

Man, this is hilarious! :D

11. dancecat120 Gummi Ship Junkie

AWESOME STORY!

and the cliff hangers makes everything better!

when I have to wait to read it builds up the excitement and makes it better when I read it!

YAY CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

*gets bricked by other readers*

but great job!

12. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

lol thank you! :D i feel the same about cliffhangers!

*gets brick'd*

TAKE COVER!!! *ducks*

13. >Keyblader< Traverse Town Homebody

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Freaking cliffhangars!!!! ARGGGGGGGHHH!!!!
    I think she should stay. She and Roxas make quite a couple:D .
    **Roxas yells,"What was that?????" and proceeds to take out keyblades and kill me**

14. Starboy Destiny Islands Resident

Huh? When I click ch 13, it redirects me here:confused: :confused: :confused:

15. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

The 14th Key ~ Chapter 15 LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!!!! *cries hysterically*

Ok, before I post it...

*gets a chrous of 'boos'*

Oh come on people it won't be that long!

I'd just like to say thanks sooooo much for reading :) (And suffering through all of my dreaded cliffhangers :D) You guys all are the reason I keep writing, so thank you! :D I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did writing it! Now, ON TO CHAPTER 15!!!

*everyone claps*

~Chapter 15~

Xed looked at the ground, and smiled. She shook her head lightly, and then looked up at Xemnas.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t stay.â€

The room grew quieter, hanging with slight disappointment. Xed frowned, feeling Roxas’ expression of sadness next to her.

“You see,†she started, “I’m…looking for someone, and I’m looking for something as well.†She smiled weakly. “I’m sorry…†Xemnas nodded, and did something no one sees him do.

Xemnas…smiled.

Small, but definitely a smile.

“I understand.†He said. Xed smiled back. Demyx smiled and stood up.
    “Ya know, Xed,†he said, putting an arm around her shoulder, “We’re all gonna miss you.†Xed smiled.
    “Yeah, even Larxene!†Marluxia said. She scowled.
    “Will not…†she retorted. Lexaeus rolled his eyes.
    “Honestly Larxene, you’re not going to miss Xed?â€
    “Nope.â€
    “Not even a little bit?†Axel asked. She shook her head.
    “No way.†Larxene looked over at Xed, who seemed just a bit hurt by her words. Larxene sighed and rolled her eyes. “Maybe I’ll miss her a little…†Demyx cracked a smile.
    “Wow! Really?†he asked. She scowled more and nodded. Xigbar smiled.
    “Awww…Larxene’s a softie!†he said. She shot a death glare at him.
    “You’re not going to think I’m a softie when I take my Kunai and stick it up your—“
    “When are you leaving?†Zexion asked, quickly changing the subject. Xed thought for a moment.
    “Tomorrow afternoon.†She said. He nodded.
    “Are you going to come back and visit?†Luxord asked. Xed nodded her head enthusiastically.
    “Of course!†she said. “I don’t know when, but I’ll definitely come back.â€
    “Well.†Xemnas said, crossing his arms. “I believe this has been enough excitement for one day. I suppose we all get some sleep.†There were nods in agreement, and the crowd of Nobodies broke apart to get sleep. Roxas, Axel, Demyx, and Xed stayed where they were. Xed stood up.
    “Well, I’ve got one more thing to do before I leave tomorrow.†She said. “Goodnight guys.†She walked off downstairs towards the Workshop.
    “Night.†The three Nobodies chorused after. After she was gone, Axel looked over at Roxas.
    “So, you gonna tell her?†Roxas gave him a confused look.
    “Tell her what?â€
    “You know,†Demyx said, lowering his voice, “that you like her.†Roxas seemed surprised.
    “I don’t like her!†he said, crossing his arms. Axel rolled his eyes.
    “Uh-huh, sure you don’t.†he said. Demyx put his hands on his hips.
    “You heard Xed—she doesn’t know when she’s going to come back. After she leaves today, there’s a possibility that she’ll never be back.†He said. Roxas turned away from them.

He hadn’t realized that.

Axel sighed.
    “Roxas, what you do is what you want. But, if you really cared for Xed…†he started, before turning around and walking off towards the stairs. He turned back around to face Roxas.

“You’d let her know.†Axel then turned back around and walked up the stairs. Demyx walked up after him.
    “Night Roxas!†he called, stomping up the steps. Roxas sat back down on the sofa.
    He hadn’t realized that…
    +++

Roxas lay awake in his bed, Demyx’s and Axel’s word buzzing around in his head.

“You heard Xed—she doesn’t know when she’s going to come back…â€

Roxas sighed.

“…After she leaves today, there’s a possibility that she’ll never be back.â€

He turned over to his side. Should he tell her?

“Roxas, what you do is what you want. But, if you really cared for Xed…â€

He, without a doubt, liked Xed. A lot. And he wanted to tell her.

But…what if she doesn’t like me back?

“You’d let her know.â€

But after today…she’d be gone. For who knows how long? And he’d then be wondering if she had liked him, what she’d say when he told her he liked her, until she came back again…if she came back…

Roxas closed his eyes and nodded.

He knew what he’d do.

He’d tell her.

+++
    Roxas woke up early the next morning, around 8:00 a.m., so he could talk with Xed alone. He walked down the stairs towards the Weapons Workshop. He stood in front of the door and took a breath. He knocked on the door twice.

No answer.

“Xed?†Roxas said quietly, careful not to wake her if she was sleeping. He turned the knob and opened the door a crack and looked in.

She wasn’t there, but the room looked…different…

He opened the door all the way and walked in. He looked around and realized why the room had looked so different. All of Xed’s belongings—her sketchpads, her cases of Keychains, everything—was gone. He looked around more, and eyed a note taped to her desk. He picked it up and started to read:

‘Dear Roxas,

If you are reading this, then I’m gone. I…left earlier this morning, when no one was awake.’

Roxas could feel his heart drop…if he had one…

‘I’m sorry…I just hate long goodbyes. Especially sad ones. And trust me, this would’ve been a sad one. I addressed this note to you, Roxas, because I had a feeling that you’d be the one to read it. I hope you are the one to read it. Let everyone know I’m sorry for leaving, and that I’ll come back some day.

I promise.’

Roxas smiled slightly. Her promise made him feel better.

‘I put everyone’s new weapons in the kitchen, if you haven’t noticed yet. Tell Vexen to take it easy on those experiments of his, okay?’

Roxas chuckled.

‘Let everyone know that I miss them terribly already.’

Roxas nodded. Her missed her already, too.

‘Well, be seeing ya. Dream on,

Xedramon (a.k.a – Xed)

(P.S. – Roxas, I have a surprise for you as well in the kitchen)’

Roxas cocked his head.

What surprise?
    +++
    Roxas ran downstairs into the kitchen. He stopped suddenly at the sight before his eyes.
    “Woah…†he breathed. Sitting in each of the 13 chairs (except for Roxas’, Xemnas’, Zexion’s, Larxene’s, and Luxord’s) set up around the kitchen table, was a new, shiny weapon. They looked liked their old ones, but much more advanced.

And dangerous. Roxas smiled.

Xigbar would definitely like that.

Roxas sighed unhappily.

He never got a chance to tell her that he liked her. But she promised she’d come back.

And he believed her.

Roxas went over to his own seat to sit down. He pulled out the chair and almost sat down when he realized there was something in his chair.

A small, white box.

Roxas picked it up and sat down.

Was this the surprise?

He opened the lid of the box, and gasped softly.

There was a Keychain inside…the Devoted Hearts one!

He picked it up and looked at it, admiring it. He then saw another note at the bottom of the box. He picked it up and read it.

He smiled. And felt something he hadn’t felt before…

‘To Roxas—

From my Heart to Yours:

A Keyblade truly worthy,

Of such a Devoted Heart.’

~~~~~~~

THE END!!!!!!

(I hope you enjoyed it!!!)

16. dancecat120 Gummi Ship Junkie

awww

*is sad that it is over*

amazing story

*hopes you start a new one*

greatgreatgreatgreat job

normally I'd do my first postness but when this is like 28th page it doesn't seem right

any way great job!

17. IWuvshZexion Merlin's Housekeeper

Aww that was a good ending!!!
    but I get the feeling they'll be in the summer story because I saw a certain someones name in the preview video:D

18. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

Thank you! *takes a bow and falls out of computer chair*

GRRRR.....ow.

:D

19. AkuseruVIII Banned

D*** you! How could it end like that?! I need a sequel *GAK* can't breathe without story...

20. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

Why thank you! *takes that as the best compliment ever*

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.