Working on It Text Cut Off On Forum Indexes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stardust, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Stardust Chaser

Both Light & Dark, main index & subforums. If I make the window size small enough, the boxes stretch out enough vertically to accompany all the text.

Windows 8.1 x64, 1366 x 768, Chrome 43.0.2357.81 m

[[​IMG]

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's an odd one. The descriptions should be showing as tooltips rather than straight-on text.

Feedback.PNG

Windows 7, Firefox 38.0.5.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah this is a weird issue, the descriptions shouldn't be displaying like that. I'll have to play around to replicate it.

4. Misty gimme kiss

@Stardust , I'm having some trouble replicating this using Windows 8.1 and Chrome. Given your screen resolution I'm assuming you're using a laptop -- does it happen to have a touch screen or interface?

5. Stardust Chaser

Nope. Here's the model (sans HDD now that mine's been replaced with a solid state), if it helps at all.

6. Misty gimme kiss

Are tooltips working elsewhere? Some of the easy places to check are the online status icon (hover over the little heart next to your username in posts), the style changer (hover over KH-VIDS 9.0 LIGHT/DARK in the footer), and so on.

7. Stardust Chaser

I do get info on hover ("Online Now," "Style Chooser," etc.). If those are supposed to be styled in the same vein as Amaury's screenshot however I'm not getting that; they're just plain.

[​IMG]

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

So they don't look like this for you?

Stardust.PNG

9. Stardust Chaser

Added a cap... Definitely not.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Gotcha, I'm guessing they look similar to the little hover popups that appear when you go over the + Quote or Reply buttons (usually yellow background with black text, though Chrome may have changed it). It sounds like a Javascript issue on your end. @libregkd might have more luck in helping you troubleshoot, but if other things on the site aren't working or appearing for you (like expanding/collapsing categories, the back to top button, or... a lot of things really), then it's possible you've turned off Javascript or something.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, those are tooltips, but they're browser tooltips, not XenForo tooltips. Some areas do use browser tooltips, such as the time stamps:

Misty.png

However, Online Now and Style Chooser should be using XenForo tooltips.

12. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Try browsing in 'Incognito Mode' and see if the Tooltips start working. If that's the case then it's an extension causing your problem. Also try to see if it's working in another browser on your computer to see if it's a local problem or not.

-Nights

13. Stardust Chaser

They still don't work in incognito mode. Tried IE and it displays them fine though, lol.

14. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well ... make sure you don't have any extensions that run in incognito mode ... if that doesn't work, try clearing your history/cache.

As a last resort, you can try uninstalling Chrome and then reinstalling. If you're Plus account is linked then all your bookmarks should be saved. Last resort though.

Short of actually being there in person and being able to dig through Chrome looking for the bug, there's not much I can do from here. I'm not really one of those helpdesk guys. I'm more like the dude who shows up to your house with a monster, an iPod, and a toolset.

Seeing as it worked in IE then it's local. It's not due to the site but something with Chrome.

Also run a virus scan and check your flash plugins to see if they're updated.

-Nights

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

If it's working in other browsers, I don't think a virus would be the culprit.

16. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

You'd be surprised. A virus can attack anything from a single file to your entire file system. Anymore I think the latest viruses are becoming more intelligent than their programmers.

-Nights

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

So I was able to recreate this with Noscript disabling Javascript on kh-vids.net as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    So your have Javascript disabled! @Stardust

18. Stardust Chaser

Thanks for the help everyone... Hilariously enough though I discovered last night that not only is JavaScript turned on, it refuses to work exclusively for KHV (I double checked to see if I accidentally blocked it for the site somehow; no dice). It's fine elsewhere.

I am long overdue to switch back to Firefox anyway, so I'm just going to do that for now, but it is... Curious, lol.

I'm running a virus scan but I suspect Chrome is just borked, haha.

EDIT: Yeah, came up clean. It is a mystery.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  19. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I've had Chrome go all crazy on me when I would use it for long periods of time. That's why I switched back to Firefox...but glad we...sort of? fixed the problem.

20. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Totally late reply, but just wanted to add that I was experiencing this on my Chrome browser as well, with the same exact Javascript issues. Maybe I'll switch to Firefox, but I kinda hope this is resolved eventually.