Teenager's Death Causes Chaos in Ferguson, Missouri

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Aug 11, 2014.

1. 61 No. B

Was up very late last night following the news. This is nothing short of terrifying. But even through it all, I find it immensely fascinating. The unrest stands as a testament to changing times and I want to see how this ends, if only for the historical value. In these past couple years, marked by multiple tragedies, the unrest that has been sitting and growing beneath the surface for decades has started coming to the forefront. Ferguson is only the beginning. The problems won't be solved here (there are profound differences between what is being confronted by protests in Ferguson and mere "problems" that can be "solved"), but we have started moving in an interesting direction.

2. Patman Bof

From where I stand you don' t live in a democracy anymore, you live in an oligarchy. I guess the same could be said of any democracy, to some extent, but it' s particularly blatant in yours. While choosing between dems and reps isn' t entirely irrelevant, it is on many issues. Take gun control for instance, a few days ago I saw people on this very site complain about America' s apathy on the matter. It' not true, they' re not apathetic, when polled the vast majority of Americans call for stricter gun regulations. Doesn' t matter who you voted for though, as long as the NRA (among other entities) is allowed to openly bribe congress, not gonna have it. Not unless you' re somehow both willing and able to throw more money at the issue than them.

As for how you could fix that, well, I haven' t really looked into it since this isn' t my country to begin with, but you might want to google WolfPAC.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/207...t-written-letter-supporters-stuck-hard-times/

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'll admit, I expected the outcome to be no indictment for Wilson. And it really bugs me that I expected that when I should instead have more faith in the justice system. But I don't, as my faith has been shaken in recent years. The fact that I find myself agreeing with a Russian envoy's views on the Ferguson issue despite my intense hatred for the Russian government for its actions around the world tells me that clearly something's wrong. What's more is that I'm kinda surprised people actually believe Wilson's bs of a story on what happened. I used to think the Trayvon Martin case was bad, but the fact that Wilson isn't even being charged for what happens, now that's a new low for the justice system.

5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    The parties of McCulloch (who, by the way, has a history of being biased towards law enforcement) and Nixon are irrelevant. When I point out that Republicans were scared shitless at Ferguson residents registering to vote, it was not to imply that Republicans are always racist. That's a completely absurd position to take. I was simply pointing out that members of the party that particularly benefits from the racism in the system was scared of more minority voters.

The fact is that there are racists in the Republican party and they see minority voters as a threat to them, regardless of the fact that not every Republican is racist. The fact that there are big name commentators, pundits and politicians, regardless of party, are scared of minority voters should raise a hell of a red flag.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

7. Misty gimme kiss

I've known about this for a while -- I'd be disappointed if my faith in America wasn't already in the toilet. Absolute bullshit, the state trial was a farce and the man is clearly guilty of murder. My only consolation is that he's resigned from the police... but unfortunately, too many killer cops on the force.

Everyone please keep Ferguson in your thoughts, as the protests are on-going, and pay respect to the many innocent lives lost to police brutality, before and after Mike Brown.