Ted Dekker

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SoulboundAlchemist, Apr 18, 2013.

1. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

How many here are familiar with author Ted Dekker's 'The Circle' saga?

2. Aelin Best Waifu

I love Ted Dekker. My favorites are the paradise Trilogy. Specifically Saint. That was a great book, that messed with your mind a but and made you think. Wasn't a fan of the circle saga more cause I was confused reading book Zero. His individual books are really good though. And some of his newer series are pretty good too, but I haven't finished reading any of the newer ones.

3. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Funny you should mention the Paradise Trilogy, I started reading it and haven't finished Saint yet, kinda forgot about it with all the other books I'm reading. Anyway, for the Circle, you're supposed to start with Black (book 1), not Green (book 0). If you don't you'll get very confused.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Well Green is technically suppose to be the beginning or the end. And since my brother and my dad borrowed the rest of the books and already red them, the first one we bought was green so it was the first one I had a chance to read. The graphic novel books of the circle saga aren't bad though. I have only read one so far. But Saint is defiantly worth reading. It is the best out of the Trilogy.

5. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

wait, did I say Saint? I thought I said Sinner. Yeah, Saint was good, if really confusing at times. I'm about halfway through Sinner and very confused right now.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

Haha. Yeah sinner was confusing. I found saint more messed with my mind then confuse me, even though it was sorta confusing. I don't know if I liked paradise or sinner better. I am almost tempted to say paradise. Although it is the first book in the trilogy it was the last I read due to the fact we didn't own it.

7. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

huh, don't you just hate it when you read everything in a series except for the first book, and when you finally read it after reading all these awesome books expecting an even more awesome book, but instead get more of a mediocre book? (that has actually happened to me before)

8. Aelin Best Waifu

Yeah I know the feeling. For the first half of paradise I was a bit bored. But now that I think back to it, it was pretty good. But I found out of any thing the middle book was the best.

9. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree, it was fast paced and kept you thinking.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

Yeah it did. I think it would be good as a movie. Like three. That.was a good book and movie that definitely messed with your mind and made you not sure what to think. It was one of his more unique individual novels.

11. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I never read that one; I've only read the ones related to The Circle.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

Ah well check out some of his other series or individual novels they are great as well.

13. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

OK, I certainly will

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Burn is a really good one, As I mentioned 3 is good as well. If you are into mystery type books I would suggest the bone mans daughter, or Adam