tale's DnD Character Generator!

Discussion in 'Workshops & Recreation' started by . : tale_wind, Aug 9, 2018.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Heyo! Recently I got myself the 5e Dungeons and Dragons Players' Handbook! With this acquisition, making characters for myself is no longer enough to satisfy me. I want a challenge. So post here and I'll whip up a character for you! Whether you want a character to play as in a DnD game, or a character for a story, or just want to see what I come up with, whatever reason you've got, come on in! But I'll need some things from you...

For me to whip a character up for you, you have to give me a race, a class, and a gender. Optionally, you can include a class specialization and a background to give me a little more to work with. Provide me with these, and I'll get back to you with a name, a personality, and a backstory! (Sadly, if you want a game-ready character, you'll have to roll your own stats.)

Hit me with your best shot!

2. Aelin Best Waifu

Hm, last time I let the internet make a character for me, I ended up with a 12 year old sorcerer gnome with strength being the highest stat and Charisma (her casting stat) at like a 10. Lets see how it goes this time.

Race: Kenku
    Class: Bard

Have at 'er. You wanted a challenge, I just made the bard someone who can only speak through mimicry

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Race: Aarakocra
    Class: Ranger

Alternatively she has a wing that was cursed to never let fly.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You know what, I'm working on a D&D campaign (offered to DM one for my first time for a friend so he could be in one without being DM as well), and I need some NPCs, so lay it on me. I'll add in age though. Also, I still have room for 1 or 2 more if anyone's interested, we only did our first session wednesday.

Race: Human
    Class: Rogue

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Race: Dragonborn (Red)
    Class: Walock (Great Old One Patron)
    Background: Entertainer

Go. :p

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Challenge Accepted

Race: Half-elf
    Class: Sorcerer

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

No one in Kraw's flock ever really paid much mind to her, so when she heard a strange but beautiful sound one night and wandered off towards it, no one followed after her. She ignored the warnings she'd been taught all her life to never go into towns or cities alone and followed the sound to a tavern. Standing on a stack of crates outside a window, Kraw watched as a grey-haired half-orc woman drew her fingers across a strange gourd-shaped thing and not-quite-spoke? over the sound it made. She didn't know what was going on, but she was entranced nonetheless. When she was finished, the half-orc stepped outside, and Kraw approached her. She perfectly mimicked the sounds the half-orc had made, surprising and impressing her. She decided to teach Kraw all about music. Now, Kraw is one of the meanest sitar players this side of the kingdom, and she can add what few others can to a musical performance with her mimicry.
    As a child, Keene heard stories—the kinds children tell to thrill and scare and impress each other, as well as the kinds adults tell to frighten children into staying in line—of creeping monsters and evil wizards, and made it her mission to be a hero that stopped those menaces from harming others. She trained as a fighter for years, and studied all she could find about fiends, aberrations, dark magic, and the likes, and how to stop them all cold. One day, she heard rumors of someone or something awful that had taken up residence in a nearby swamp. Certain that this was her chance to prove herself, she set out as soon as she could to hunt down and kill this being. Eventually she did find her quarry—a hag—in the swamp. She hid, she drew her bow, she nocked an arrow, and she fired...and the arrow veered away just before striking true. Too late, Keene realized the hag had known she was there all along. As she tried to flee, the hag turned and pointed a finger at her, and Keene felt one of her wings wither. The hag cackled as she made her clumsy, pained retreat. In the end, this made Keene even more committed to her goal of ridding the world of monsters.
    Westley knew from practically infancy that the world was a dump. He and his family lived in the slums of the city, barely getting by, while others in the same city never lifted a finger a day in their lives and had more than they could ever hope to use. And who was doing anything about it? No one! What was changing? Nothing, except he and his family getting hungrier and colder. He learned to watch for the well-off and rich members of society, how they moved and acted...and how they were vulnerable. He learned to hide himself, to not take more than would be noticed, to cause distractions... He was a quick study in thievery, vowing only to take enough to keep his family fed and warm. And once his family was fed and warm, well, there were other families that needed things, too, right? And after all that, why shouldn't people be able to have something nice every once in a while...?
    DELICIOUS, FINALLY SOME BACKGROUND AND SPECIALIZATION

Raana was brought up on stories. Her mother often told her of Bahamut and his many battles with evil...and some battles with powers from beyond this world. Those ones fascinated her the most, for after all, what catches someone's attention more than what they can't explain? Her parents were concerned with this interest and tried to dissuade it, but what makes something more desirable than to forbid it? It's little surprise that Raana grew to tell her own stories, many revolving around these strange unknowns. But to tell better stories, she began to research these aberrations, and delved into the stories and studies and speculations. In her research, she stumbled into a power she barely understood. Raana had family who could use magic, yes, but nothing like this, this...alien power. Now fearing her parents may have been right to try and steer her away, but unable to reverse her decisions, she seeks greater understanding of her powers.