Tai Yasue Talks Possibility of 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4 + KH3

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Kingdom Hearts co-director Tai Yasue has spoken with GameSpot while attending E3, where he doesn't rule out the possibility of 1.5 and 2.5 HD ReMix being released for the PS4, stating:
    On the subject of 'Kingdom Hearts III', Yasue mentions that development is "moving along fine," while also stating that the highly anticipated title, like every entry in the series before it, will not have a Final Fantasy world, saying:
    Source: 1 / 2

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      So this basically confirms that the HD ReMIX games are going to PS4 as well since they already ported Final Fantasy X/X-2 THREE TIMES.
    2. Chad Thundercucc
      Chad Thundercucc
      Gee, I'm so excited for KH 9.8.

I wonder if that confirms a final mix version of KH3 though.
    3. 61
      i really hope they are on ps4. im not gonna play them probably but the kh collector in me demands that i buy these as well but id feel silly having two games for a system i dont have just to have a "complete" collection.
    4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      They better be put on the PS4, because that would spare me the trouble of buying a PS3 for them.

Also, it's kind of sad hearing we probably won't have any final fantasy characters in the next game. What about our favorite Hallow Bastion crew? It would have been cool going to final fantasy worlds though, like Balamb Garden, or the Giant from IV
    5. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      But they didn't say they aren't including any Final Fantasy characters in KHIII.
    6. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Yeah, I just kept reading it and it sounded like that to me. When they say they don't have any plans for it right after a sentence talking about including them in previous worlds, it just sounds like they're not adding anything in at all.

Than again, there was that weird scene with squall and the note at the end of KHII, so maybe we'll get Rinoa
    7. Explode
      Explode
      I really wouldn't worry, there have been FF characters in every game (except 3D, which had TWEWY). Days only had Moogles, but still. For a mainline entry it would be a huge surprise if they weren't there. It was just a bad sentence: he was talking about the worlds.

This really sounds like a matter of "when" rather than "if", which is great. "We're not making any announcements yet" is the most thinly-veiled way of saying "it's gonna happen, but I can't tell you".
    8. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Regarding FF characters in KH3, here's an excerpt from an interview Nomura did back in 2013:
    9. Blaine
      Blaine
      Square Enix would be stupid not to bring 1.5 and 2.5 to the PS4. Unless, you know they don't like money.