Anime Sword Art Online

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sanya, Sep 10, 2012.

1. StardustXtreme Chaser

It's called Sword Art Online Infinity Moment.

2. Mysty Unknown

Is this anime actually any good? I am interested in it after some RPing with Kirito in Sagas.

3. StardustXtreme Chaser

That's actually me who RPs as Kirito in Sagas.

The anime is quite good, perhaps one of the best of 2012, sure it's like a rip-off of .hack// but it's placed itself as it's own VROMMORPG (Virtual Reality Massive Muiltiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) actually creates the tension of what would happen if you were trapped in a game and if anyone tried to remove your Headset, you'd die, plus you only play with 1 life, no respawns.

The stress and changes to people's psyche becomes apparent in later episodes, especially with PKing (Player Killing) but it also shows, it also forces the charactes to do two things, close their eyes and turn away from the situation as to not accept the reality they're in or face the fact you'd die and have to toughen up to clear the game.

4. Mysty Unknown

First thing that comes to mind is Spy Kids 3D, :/

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

After someone posted the opening theme for this in the What Song Are You Listening To? thread, I finally decided I needed to watch this. And so two days ago, I started.

My verdict?

ASDFGHJKLGFHSHDFDJHJFDJGFJDFHG WHAT IS LIFE

THE ANIMATION. THE MUSIC. THE STORY. THE CHARACTERS. THE FEELS.

BEST ANIME I'VE EVER WATCHED. HANDS DOWN.

As I type this, I'm waiting for an ad in the middle of Episode 11. Intriguing plot so far in this episode. Why wouldn't a player have a cursor?

And also Kirito and Asuna playing on their honeymoon asdfghjkl;[DOUBLEPOST=1354942365][/DOUBLEPOST]...Just finished Episode 14.

I just...

No words.
    incidentally, if you want to see me freak out over it, just take a look at the Sword Art Online tag on my Tumblr

6. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Whoa... the drama in the latest couple of episodes....[DOUBLEPOST=1355006459][/DOUBLEPOST]HOLY SH-- NEXT WEEK IS THE SECOND LAST EPISODE!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I sort of stopped myself early on in the series, well not that early on. I plan to finish up but I just wanted to wait so I could get it all out of the way. I hate waiting for anime . . . not cool.

I enjoyed what i've seen so far though. It's got fantasy, action, drama, and romance. Not to mention a tsundere character :p All of my favorite things packed together, how could I not like it.

8. Mysty Unknown

But the novels still go on! There is Gun Gaia Online and that other one. I think it may just be the end of the second/ first season. There is no way it could just end here.

9. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

true... i hope they continue with the anime... although i heard that kirito looks like a girl in GGO, so i wonder how he'll sound.
    SAO seems really popular, so hopefully the company agrees to do another season based off GGO. there's even a video game coming out for SAO in spring 2013.
    I haven't read past the end of ALO so don't spoil >__< but i think i'll get to reading the next light novels soon~~ LOVE SAO~~

10. Mysty Unknown

I cant spoil what I do not know. All I know is that ALO is only nearly half way done with according to the novels to the anime. If the series stops which I doubt it will, I will have to read the novels.

11. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

well there's two more episodes of the anime left~~ (awwwwww)

12. Mysty Unknown

That we know of. I know it will continue. It has a lot of popularity. Ditching it here would be a loss in cash.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

ONLY TWO HOURS, GUYS. GET PUMPED.

14. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

O__O GOTTA WATCH IT!! THE SECOND LAST EPISODE OF THE AMAZING ANIME, SAO~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Second to last episode of the SEASON. Let's stay optimistic here. D:

But FHSDGFHDFHSFHDFGHDF THAT EPISODE

HFGHGFHDFH KIRITO ASUNA AND YUI REUNITING I COULDN'T SO MANY FEELS

AND THEN EFFING SUGOU/OBERON RUINING EVERYTHING

AND THEN KAYABA. FREAKING. AKIHIKO.

AND KIRITO USING THE HEATHCLIFF USER ID TO COMPLETELY STRIP SUGOU OF HIS GM POWER AND TOTALLY SHOW HIM UP.

NOW THAT WAS A SATISFYING DEATH SCENE.

BUT IRL

KAZUTO AND ASUNA STILL HAVE TO REUNITE (or actually meet in the first place, since they've never really met irl)

AND SUGOU'S STILL OUT THERE

IT WAS ONLY OBERON WHO REALLY DIED

NEXT WEEEEEEEEEEK ;____;

16. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!
    I was like yaay,
    then ugh sugou...,
    then ASUNA!!! NUURRRR!
    then **** off sugou,
    then YEAH DIE OBERON! FEEL THE PAIN!!
    then THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!
    then RIDE TOP SPEED TO ASUNA!!
    then OMG NEXT EPISODE THEY FINALLY GET BACK TOGETHER!!!!
    AGGGGGHHHHHH lAST EPISODE!!!!!!!

17. Mysty Unknown

Season not anime itself. There is much more to come.

18. StardustXtreme Chaser

Sword Art Online Episode 24...

Damn Sugou's intentions and cheer for Kirito! I literally desired him to show Sugou a world of pain, but now, it seems there's only 1 episode left sadly, but still, I'm happy to have found this Anime and follow it through, this will be proabbaly be one of my favourite 2012 Anime to date and will remain a favourtie.

I may just have to plan on getting the manga and some merchindise, now many of the other anime I seen gave me such a huge impact on it, apart from Pokemon and Digimon.

But all I can say is, Thank you A-1 Pictures for producing this show and to Tomohiko Ito with Director and finally Yuki Kajiura the with music, character design by Shingo Adachi and art direction by Takayuki Nagashima and Yusuke Takeda and sound direction by Yoshikazu Iwanami.

True it's sad there's only 1 episode seemingly left but the manga issues take a lengthy amount fo time to be drawn as, so it's most likely Gun Gale Online will be either an OVA title along with UnderWorld, but I think production will be held off until the manga can go further along the plot so filler episodes are created.

19. Mysty Unknown

True, this is an amazing anime that will be on my shelf whenever it is released in English perhaps. Merchandise will be a must. I hardly get merchandise for an anime as well. Now, I do believe the anime will continue on. It started before the manga I believe so there is no point in letting the manga catch up. If they do however throw filler in, it will most likely be decent. If it is Alfheim at least. Maybe some outside world episodes revolving Asuna and Kirito's relationship. I want to see some more of that Alisha Lu. Mm Mm Mm I like that girl. Or maybe have some conflict with the Spriggan sense Kirito is the unknown to them. But who knows. I have hope that Gun Gala will be soon and the anime won't end here. It cannot.

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

dfsdfhgsdfhshh YOU GUYS

THE LAST EPISODE

GHAFDHGDFGSDFHGDF I CAN'T

THE FEELS

NOPE

DONE

BYE

...welp, time to read the light novels. anyone know if they're floating around the interwebs?